BREXIT / British Politics thread - cont

XXL

On 9/21/2019 at 9:12 PM, horn said:

Just jancel the brexit already for god sake! :doh:

👍

Some people in England are still nostalgic about the Empire days or worse, still think it's the Empire days.

After Thatcher and Blair's unsubtle deindustrialization efforts you take the UK out of the EU (which needs to be modified anyway, granted) and its "fictitious" third economy of the continent status thanks to the insurance, financial, property and service sector is reduced to sheer worthlessness. So the irony is double. From any perspective you look at this from, it's always the British political class that have brought this about on the country through the decades

Besides, you cannot want access to the single market and its benefits but feel free to not want some of the obligations and downsides. Too fucking convenient

On 7 October 2019 at 7:06 PM, I Don’t Search I Find said:

:rotfl:

On 7 October 2019 at 10:40 PM, Gaudet said:

She's right :lmao:

On 8 October 2019 at 6:31 AM, runa said:

:dead: love that lady !! :lol:

Yes !  Love her and she is spot on. 

Breaking News

A new draft Brexit deal has just been agreed between the UK and EU ahead of a meeting of EU leaders. But Northern Ireland's Democratic Unionist Party is not happy with it

Watching this Trump clone Boris go about with Brexit is revolting.  His deliberate and calculating flustering, blustering that masks and distracts people and with him sending 3 different letters to the EU is just ridiculous.  Just like revolting Trump,  his compulsive lying and vague ways are a very sad reflection of what politicians today can get away with.  I really hate modern politicians.  They don't even pretend to be intelligent or truthful and instead their stupidity and corrupt ways are shrugged off.  This fool is so dangerous as people are not even knowing or acknowledging  how dangerous his views are and how he is mainly interested in himself and attention on top of that. 

Brexit is a cult. Members can no longer produce any benefits of leaving (there were never any to produce in the first place), just merely distraction from any questions or criticism.

On the plus side I believe that the majority are due to either imminently explode or die in a ditch. 

• 5 weeks later...

A decade of Tory regime and they could not change that early release legislation, yet conveniently blame those who implemented that when it suits them.... Unfit rude mumbling useless buffoon.

Then on the other hand, there is this other useless non-leader....:

The US demanding that the NHS is on the table in negotiation for a post-brexit deal, which Buffoon Johonson obviously denies.....

Election 2019: stricter checks on EU visitors under border clampdown

I am not subscribed to the Times, hence being as it is behind a pay wall I can only partially reveal the below as I am seeing it, sorry about that:

image.png

EU citizens will no longer be allowed to travel to the UK on national identity cards under the Conservative plan

European citizens will be required to gain US-style pre-approval to enter Britain after Brexit in a fresh border clampdown to be unveiled by the Conservatives today.

In a move to shift the election debate to immigration the Tories will outline plans to make all visitors to Britain receive additional security clearance before they travel.

There is expected to be a charge for the checks, similar to the American Esta system. This requires visitors to gain clearance to enter the country three days before their arrival or be turned back at the airport.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/election-2019-stricter-checks-on-eu-visitors-under-border-clampdown-lnkqthlw9

By the way, one of the people who managed to stop the fucking terrorist asshole last Friday on the London Bridge attack, was a Polish citizen... who got himself injured with multiple stabs from said fucking terrorist while they were buying time to control that worthless turd until the cops arrived and shot the early-released terrorist...

So, while there are assholes in any culture, all this scapegoating against the Europeans has to fucking stop.