BREXIT / British Politics thread - cont

XXL

On 5/23/2019 at 4:30 PM, Kim said:

Probably waiting for the results of the Euro elections before FINALLY quitting. Not that the prospect of Bozo the Clown Boris taking over is any more appealing.

It's not. General election by the end of the year. 

Yeah. Fuck her and her Tories scums, and I am throwing useless Labors too in the mix - they denied our very right to vote, CUNTS:

Britain under Bozo's power will be even more laughable than Evil Theresa, a scary laughter, really throwing the country down the gutter.

On 5/24/2019 at 4:43 PM, pjcowley said:

As it emerges, thousand of people were denied the right to vote yesterday on the European elections, half as much as others did not receive their ballot paper to vote. People I am referring to are continental Europe citizens who pay their taxes living, working in the UK.

Charming democratic island.

a lot of spanish people that live in other countries had problems in the last elections with the voting system. A friend of mine received for today´s election last election´s papers...it´s not only in the UK

anyways, are we going to miss May? I´m scared we are

4 hours ago, promise to try said:

a lot of spanish people that live in other countries had problems in the last elections with the voting system. A friend of mine received for today´s election last election´s papers...it´s not only in the UK

anyways, are we going to miss May? I´m scared we are

It's a scandal, denying the right to vote to people who have every right to vote in local and European elections.

May will be missed by very few morons people, in the end the country is rotting away with one PM worst than the previous one at each resigning, it's been like that for the past 10+ years -  Raab, Gove, Leadson, Bozo Johnson... gosh what a cocktail of absolute degenerate bastards possible successors... YUK

8 hours ago, alquemist said:

European Parliament Elections - let‘s Go!

UK voting was three days ago although I appreciate the sentiment.

Looking likely that the march towards right wing populism in parts of the country will continue with a big majority for the BREXIT party. 

23 minutes ago, Kim said:

Looking likely that the march towards right wing populism in parts of the country will continue with a big majority for the BREXIT party. 

That sucks. Here in Germany, the Green Party is on the rise 🍀🏳️‍🌈🍀🏳️‍🌈🍀  I‘m so happy!

However, the situation in France is rather scary.....

4 minutes ago, Kim said:

A picture paints a thousand words. Two very different countries. 

map2.jpg

SCOTLAND IN EUUUUUUUUUU❤️ NOW. By the way, I love NICOLA!!!!

It is pretty clear that the UK will leave the EU with zero deal and only the WTO rules??? I mean, I can see no other exit! Maybe afterwards they can arrange new deals with the EU, USA and all that. I fear for Nothern Ireland, though. 

10 hours ago, Kim said:

A picture paints a thousand words. Two very different countries. 

map2.jpg

Dreadful that you're being dragged down by those teatoaling twats.

10 hours ago, elijah said:

SCOTLAND IN EUUUUUUUUUU❤️ NOW. By the way, I love NICOLA!!!!

10 hours ago, Kim said:

giphy.gif

She is fantastic. Both Nicola and Jacinda Ardern - Pm for New Zealand - impress me greatly.  If only other leaders in the world were as switched on, intelligent, fair, compassionate and stick by their beliefs as these two women are.  This world would be a much better place. 

The way right wing populism is taking over the world is as frightening and depressing as all hell.   

A Prime Minister should earn people's respect. Theresa May presided over an arrogant, divisive and nasty government, implementing her policies of austerity against her own population while fostering a cold place for immigrants, asylum seekers and people of colour, many of them British citizens. All that glowering across the despatch box at The Leader of the Opposition and others has all back fired, never mind a disastrous Brexit. The worst premiership in British history. 

So, I'm not at all sorry for her and glad to see the back of her, wish she had went sooner though.

In other news

Boris Johnson is to face a CRIMINAL court accused of misconduct after businessman crowd-funds a private prosecution over his Brexit bus claim that Britain sends the EU £350m every week

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/boris-johnson-trial-brexit-court-lying-prosecution-nhs-vote-leave-a8934451.html

He has a case to answer. Let him answer it.

This time both allegation and response will be subject to forensic examination.

Not judging as that's for great legal minds.

As this appears to be a criminal prosecution, the standard of proof will be steep.

But if one puts a statement on the side of a bus with claims about savings, then they need to be accurate, and not 'salesman's puff', in other plucked out of the air and without factual foundation.

In her ruling today, the judge said she was satisfied that there was a prima facie case for the allegation that there had been an abuse of the public’s trust in a holder of office.

She referred to statements provide by Ball’s team from members of the public that addressed the impact that “the apparent lie” had on them. She also cited the contention by Power that “there will seldom be a more serious misconduct allegation against a member of parliament or mayor than to lie repeatedly to the voting public on a national and international platform, in order to win your desired outcome”.

While there was no immediate reaction from Johnson, long-term critics of the MP and opponents of Brexit hailed the ruling.

The Liberal Democrat MP Ed Davey said: “Given Boris Johnson wants to be the next prime minister of this country, it’s only right that he is held accountable for the lies he told in 2016.”

On 5/27/2019 at 4:37 PM, karbatal said:

It is pretty clear that the UK will leave the EU with zero deal and only the WTO rules??? I mean, I can see no other exit! Maybe afterwards they can arrange new deals with the EU, USA and all that. I fear for Nothern Ireland, though. 

With a certain class of figures STILL being considered for leadership of the Tories and the UK it is very much likely to be the case unless the tangible possibility of a second referendum materialises later on.

Brexit talk aside I shiver at the thought of a BJ in charge of the UK government, his knowledge on Foreign Policy matters alone is laughable and juvenile

It's such a crying shame that because of one country internal party squabbling an entire continent has been living in a climate of uncertainty for the past three years, some people cannot grasp that the days of the Empire went A LONG time ago

And of course it had nothing to do with giving the people a democratic platform of expression on the matter. There's nothing democratic or logical in anything that's happened from June 2016 onwards. Mess

Sad that it's coming from a country that gave the world something like the Magna Charta 800 years ago

Labour and the Conservatives have both sustained significant losses. Time for the next PM to deliver Brexit

😂😂😂😭

Spoken like a proper bot till the very end

On 5/29/2019 at 2:38 PM, BrendanT1993 said:

A Prime Minister should earn people's respect. Theresa May presided over an arrogant, divisive and nasty government, implementing her policies of austerity against her own population while fostering a cold place for immigrants, asylum seekers and people of colour, many of them British citizens. All that glowering across the despatch box at The Leader of the Opposition and others has all back fired, never mind a disastrous Brexit. The worst premiership in British history. 

So, I'm not at all sorry for her and glad to see the back of her, wish she had went sooner though.

In other news

Boris Johnson is to face a CRIMINAL court accused of misconduct after businessman crowd-funds a private prosecution over his Brexit bus claim that Britain sends the EU £350m every week

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/boris-johnson-trial-brexit-court-lying-prosecution-nhs-vote-leave-a8934451.html

He has a case to answer. Let him answer it.

This time both allegation and response will be subject to forensic examination.

Not judging as that's for great legal minds.

As this appears to be a criminal prosecution, the standard of proof will be steep.

But if one puts a statement on the side of a bus with claims about savings, then they need to be accurate, and not 'salesman's puff', in other plucked out of the air and without factual foundation.

In her ruling today, the judge said she was satisfied that there was a prima facie case for the allegation that there had been an abuse of the public’s trust in a holder of office.

She referred to statements provide by Ball’s team from members of the public that addressed the impact that “the apparent lie” had on them. She also cited the contention by Power that “there will seldom be a more serious misconduct allegation against a member of parliament or mayor than to lie repeatedly to the voting public on a national and international platform, in order to win your desired outcome”.

While there was no immediate reaction from Johnson, long-term critics of the MP and opponents of Brexit hailed the ruling.

The Liberal Democrat MP Ed Davey said: “Given Boris Johnson wants to be the next prime minister of this country, it’s only right that he is held accountable for the lies he told in 2016.”

And of course he's plugging his cheap literary opus ridden with Empire days nostalgia aptly titled The Victorians ...

Full circle. You can't have development and wealth without free trade  uh? Well dear you ALSO cannot have one set of rules for yourselves and one for everybody else! Or a set of advantages and none of the commonly shared obligations. That is so convenient

The UK has had it so good so far. Talk about cherry pick indeed. Kept the sterling and were even free to not subscribe to Schengen. Not to mention that like any other member state it has benefitted from hundreds of millions in funding, not the other way around

This is NOT a post supporting Theresa May. I don't like her or her party's heartless policies. Their ideology is arrogant, cruel and awful. . 

Do have to wonder though, she was against Brexit but took the " helm" so to speak to so called get it though. More fool her. The politicians like that horrible clown Boris Johnson amongst overs, actively supported Brexit, campaigned for Brexit and even lied about facts to promote Brexit, but did not want to lead their party when the vote for leave got up. Went missing completely - was too hard for them.  Now want to swan back in and get credit. Such spineless cowards as well as heartless individuals.