BREXIT / British Politics thread - cont

XXL

20 hours ago, Kim said:

Is this what you voted Brexit for? (you know who you are)

Anyway, the far right takeover of the Tory party is quite a thing to behold. Dominic Grieve, that rare breed of Tory who's actually talked a bit of sense on Brexit is now facing deselection after losing a vote of confidence from his local constituency that's been infiltrated by UKIP turned Tory members. So he could lose his seat to be replaced by a far right nutter. But then Theresa May inviting ex UKIP members into her party was always going to lead to this, just as David Cameron's capitulation to UKIP and the far right of his own party led to Brexit in the first place.

England needs to act NOW to avoid what's still a minority (but largely growing) far right element taking over their country. The media, especially the BBC, is complicit (it's no coincidence that the giant march last week got perfunctory coverage yet the smaller rabble yesterday got 24hr rolling on BBC News) and every jingoistic front page of the main newspapers showing a complete disconnect with how badly the tide is turning.

So on the second round of indicative voting on Monday, the parties will need to work together to come up with an alernative to May's deal that actually passes the vote. If not, she'll bring her shit deal back for the FOURTH time with the very real threat of crashing out with no deal as the default. The time for party political game playing needs to END. It's either single market/customs union membership (and yes that means freedom of movement etc remains) REVOKE article 50 altogether or put it back to the people with a referendum on May's deal vs remain.

May, who already attempted to whip up a frenzy by turning people against parliament in her Trumpian speech last week, has already said she's going, and the list of flip-flopping  incumbent PMs reads like a horror story. Not one moderate among them.

Labour of course remain risible and ineffective as the official opposition with doddery Brexiteer Grandpa at the helm. I'll leave it to the only sane and functioning leader of a UK party to say it how it is about the most inept prime minister of all time AGAIN -

Kim, Always Love your posts on the politics thread. 

Brexit and the whole way it is handled is indicative of the way of the world.   The shocking fact that all conservative parties worldwide are being over-taken by the far right is terrifying.  Seeing it happen everywhere and wish people would stop burying their heads in the sand about it. 

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

:rotfl:

Wtf is this????

1 hour ago, Jazzy Jan said:

:lol:  Satire of 80's video clips to make a point.  The part with the cartoon like Take on me ! 

Yes, as I said it’s in the style of the 80s rock band Europe (pun intended) mixed with some Take On Me video references. It’s from a German Late night show and it’s satire but in general they are dead serious about the idea of a European states alliance. 

16 hours ago, Lolo said:

Yes, as I said it’s in the style of the 80s rock band Europe (pun intended) mixed with some Take On Me video references. It’s from a German Late night show and it’s satire but in general they are dead serious about the idea of a European states alliance. 

If social rights and a social system is developed too, I'm all for EU STATES ALLIANCE.

4 hours ago, karbatal said:

If social rights and a social system is developed too, I'm all for EU STATES ALLIANCE.

It should be a federation. Its TIME!

10 hours ago, karbatal said:

Yes, that’s what they say at the very end of the video. I’d love that too. 

5 hours ago, elijah said:

It should be a federation. Its TIME!

Absolutely! 

Fucking LABOUR once again refusing to back this motion that would prevent the UK crashing out with no deal by Revoking Article 50 as a last resort. Useless bunch of cunts.

And the pantomime that's the UK parliament continues to embarrass itself as a bunch of protesters GLUE their arses to the public gallery...

bums2.jpg

Right now, the UK has only three options as the EU currently sees it - no deal, no Brexit or Theresa May's deal - and anything else is a matter for future talks once the UK has actually left.

I hope there is no deal tbh, Parliament doesn't know what it wants after nearly 3 years and this is such a clusterfuck that no one is ever gonna agree on anything. I believe the Queen also has the right to step in and take control. I want to get off this roller coaster ride

rirxhq667np21.png?width=1024&auto=webp&s

Absolutely disgraceful, for the first time in decades we have had a sitting MP murdered and this only helps to promote the beliefs of those right wing extremists. This makes a difference from shooting Irish women and children I suppose

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/investigation-launched-after-soldiers-filmed-firing-rounds-at-photo-of-jeremy-corbyn-a4107921.html

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/3/2019 at 7:26 AM, LSD said:

Absolute drubbing for the Tories in the end but a disaster for labour who lost seats when they should have been winning hundreds.

Still it could be the kick up the backside British politics needs.

The European elections will be hilarious!

• 2 weeks later...

Really don’t know what’s going to happen. Lab/Tory talks aren’t going to amount to anything and even if they do I don’t think that their parties will let what they come up with pass. The Conservatives are already trying to change their leadership election rules so that they can get rid of Theresa May earlier than they’re allowed to (she’s immune until December I think). 

Brexit Party seems to be on course to outright win the European P elections as well... Parliament doesn’t want to give another referendum but it also isn’t capable of passing a form of Brexit and it doesn’t want no deal, so we’re paralysed. 

A mess :provoke:

On 5/15/2019 at 6:18 AM, pjcowley said:

Thanks for posting.  Love them.  True too -  Love it that the minor parties can have a huge say  in Australia and our preferential voting system.  Our Federal election is on Saturday 

21 hours ago, karbatal said:

Omg :lmao:

:rotfl: Ha Ha,  saying it like it is with humour.  

On 4/2/2019 at 8:16 AM, BrendanT1993 said:

Right now, the UK has only three options as the EU currently sees it - no deal, no Brexit or Theresa May's deal - and anything else is a matter for future talks once the UK has actually left.

I hope there is no deal tbh, Parliament doesn't know what it wants after nearly 3 years and this is such a clusterfuck that no one is ever gonna agree on anything. I believe the Queen also has the right to step in and take control. I want to get off this roller coaster ride

rirxhq667np21.png?width=1024&auto=webp&s

I agree about your 3 options the way I see it is by the time the end of this ridiculous extension we will be in the same boat as we were on March 29th.

I highly doubt the Queen will step in her constitutional position could be compromised and it would be bad PR all round the Queen and the PM get on and that's what works for Britain but I'm sure she is disgusted behind the net curtains of Buckingham palace at all this dragging through the mud. 

Probably waiting for the results of the Euro elections before FINALLY quitting. Not that the prospect of Bozo the Clown Boris taking over is any more appealing.

As it emerges, thousand of people were denied the right to vote yesterday on the European elections, half as much as others did not receive their ballot paper to vote. People I am referring to are continental Europe citizens who pay their taxes living, working in the UK.

Charming democratic island.