BREXIT / British Politics thread - cont

XXL

10 hours ago, windsor67 said:

There is no reasonable discussion to be had with you all, you are Manichaeism personified, anyone who does not agree with you is a fascist, this is sad that the left has become so irrelevant. Momentum Corbin Diane Abbott what a joke.

yes I am a Tory, yes I support brexit, yes I welcome anyone who really wants to come to this country yes I think this country is the least racist , yes I think that anyone from anywhere will have more chance for a better life than anywhere in Europe, yes I love Europe, yes I believe borders matter, we are all equal but we are different, and I believe differences are beautiful. The Eu would not even exist without the U.K., it’s all about the French and the Germans with the southern countries paying the price. The U.K. is reaching full employment while the Eu economy is regressing, Italy is broke, France has those stupid yellow vests spreading violence every weekend. 

I will ignore this discussion from now on because there is no discussion one can have on the subject nowadays. Just go on with your circle jerk of the permanently offended. It it makes you feel better it can’t be that bad

adios

giphy.gif

Amazing. Every word of what you just said was wrong. GTFO with this nihilistic shit, 

We will see the end of the UK in the next 10 years which is pretty incredible. The disregard shown for Northern Ireland by those in power at Westminster, the DUP included, has guaranteed a border poll post Brexit. Especially if the Tories renege on the Good Friday Agreement which is looking increasingly likely, If the GFA is abandoned by Westminster then articles 2 and 3 of the GFA would be reinstated. 

However a United Ireland vote will and has to be far more than just about Brexit. It will impact every part of our lives, how we access services, taxes, overall funding which will likely be cut, inter-community tensions, ability of the Garda and PSNI to integrate and provide the same level of provision.... Healthcare costs, wages, infrastructure.

Such a move shouldn't be taken lightly and requires in depth discussion. (Any referendum should be at least 6 months in campaigning) 

On 2/1/2019 at 6:55 PM, Suedey said:

Weather guy's cute tho

I'd love a threesome with Chris Fawkes and Tomasz Schafanaker. 

anyways, if the hard brexit is going to happen, let it happen now, and let´s see what happens.If everything goes south they still will have the opportunity to come back to the union, without all the privileges that have had until now. And if everything goes well for the UK, well, maybe we should think about another way of organizing the union. But please, do it now.

I hope it is well for the UK, quite frankly. But other countries shouldn't compare with them: the UK is one of the biggest economies of the world, a financial empire and really rich. Most EU countries are far different and their future without the EU would be far more complicated. 

https://globalnews.ca/video/4929901/donald-tusk-wonders-what-special-place-in-hell-is-for-brexit-promoters-without-a-plan

Tusk is 100% right. None of those telling us Brexit was a good idea have the slightest clue what to do to actually achieve it. They just use grandiose phrases like "take back control" or "the will of the people" and have zero plans to make it at very least not an absolute car crash.

What a mess

8 hours ago, karbatal said:

Tusk may have used another language, but I am shocked at the reaction from some UK politicians. Their language these past 3 years have been far worse and much more embarassing! 

Why Tusk should have used other language? He is right. The Brexiteer politicians have done a great disservice to UK ppl.

Surprise surprise there was absolutely no assessment of the impact Brexit would have on NI or discussion around the impact it would have on the border issue by the DUP.

Proving once again they do not care about the people of NI.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/uk/dup-meeting-on-partys-brexit-stance-did-not-discuss-impact-on-northern-ireland-says-jim-wells-37791988.html?fbclid=IwAR3SZNEohOKpPo2cR4iio3nTJ3x5dep12IpiWUwYndNOF7kPGiIcQYeF718

Also interesting that the US has issued a stern warning to the UK that a trade deal with it is in jeopardy if the Belfast Agreement is compromised because of Brexit. (It Will Be)

This takedown is as brutal as it is brief and frankly it will take some beating. The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/uk/brexit-uk-told-to-uphold-belfast-agreement-if-it-wants-us-trade-deal-1.3785317?fbclid=IwAR0V5V4rDFQT765vNj6KkCTqh43aF9bV7ynEt20OUWQTArpB6MJzCf48Uoo

1 hour ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Becoming more sad and horrible everyday.  The cowards who campaigned so hard for it before the vote and then cut and run without even offering solutions of how to implement it should feel embarrassed. 

Which leads to one question that I ask myself many times recently: how does a politician take responsibility on the acts he/she  has made? This bunch of stupid people will simply step down and that's all? 

I don't know which formula should we have in our countries to ask for responsibilities to this people who are behaving in such a reckless way about issues with effect in the long run. 

21 hours ago, karbatal said:

Which leads to one question that I ask myself many times recently: how does a politician take responsibility on the acts he/she  has made? This bunch of stupid people will simply step down and that's all? 

I don't know which formula should we have in our countries to ask for responsibilities to this people who are behaving in such a reckless way about issues with effect in the long run. 

Yes,  the lack of respect we have for 90 % of politicians today is telling.  

Lovely news that Honda are about to announce the closure of their Swindon factory with the loss of 3500 jobs (10,000 supply chain) Along with, in the last few weeks alone, 4500 Jaguar Land Rover job losses, Hitatchi scrapping it's Wylfa plant, Sony HQ move to Holland, EMA move to Amsterdam,  Flybmi into administration etc etc. And it's not even started yet.

How's that Brexit working out for you, cunts?

58 minutes ago, Kim said:

Lovely news that Honda are about to announce the closure of their Swindon factory with the loss of 3500 jobs (10,000 supply chain) Along with, in the last few weeks alone, 4500 Jaguar Land Rover job losses, Hitatchi scrapping it's Wylfa plant, Sony HQ move to Holland, EMA move to Amsterdam,  Flybmi into administration etc etc. And it's not even started yet.

How's that Brexit working out for you, cunts?

At this rate Britain will have the cleanest air in all of Europe. :lol:

:manson:

4 minutes ago, MadFan said:

At this rate Britain will have the cleanest air in all of Europe. :lol:

:nocomment: Well the good people of the Brexit voting town of Swindon will appreciate that fresh air while they're sleeping outdoors in their tents and scavenging for food. I ALMOST have zero sympathy for them 

It's always the weakest link the one suffering from the bad decisions of those powerful. So many politicians from so many countries are nowadays making the wrong decisions backed with "the will of the people"... Horrible.

Taiwan becomes the latest Nation to object to the U.K. trading independently on WTO rules.

The first three nations to oppose our independent trading on WTO rules was ‘America First’ USA, who did not like our proposed carve up of European Trade quotas; then Argentina and Spain on territorial issues.

Since then New Zealand, China, Australia, Japan, South Korea, Ukraine, Israel, Russia and Moldova to name some of the 28 nations that have all blocked Britain’s post-Brexit entry into the World Trade Organization’s Government Procurement Agreement, a market worth $1.7 Trillion.

Until the U.K. has approval from all 164 member nations for its trading schedule, it will not be allowed to trade on these rules.

So why is this not being reported in the British press and media or discussed in Westmister?

Taiwan objects to U.K. trading.
https://uk.reuters.com/…/uk-britain-eu-wto-taiwan-idUKKCN1P…

WTO trading problems unreported
https://tompride.wordpress.com/…/mays-brexit-disaster…/amp/…

On 2/22/2019 at 2:38 AM, Jazzy Jan said:

Haha, JOE is excellent at those mock ups.

This evergreen tweet from slimy Cameron never gets old...

cameron.jpg

Had the nation as a whole chosen Milliband, the biggest crisis we'd be facing right now would probably be too many potholes in the roads or something. But England, as usual, just had to vote for a fucking Tory and all the chaos that ALWAYS comes with them.

17 hours ago, Kim said:

Complete evisceration of May in The Times this weekend. Not only about now unfit for public office she is, but what a fucking black hole of a person she is.

D0HqojLX0AAZthw.jpg

Omg :rotfl:

Are you the writer? It reminds me to your posts in the Kylie thread.

On 2/25/2019 at 12:44 AM, Kim said:

Complete evisceration of May in The Times this weekend. Not only about now unfit for public office she is, but what a fucking black hole of a person she is.

D0HqojLX0AAZthw.jpg

She always has reminded me of a dementor. 

Image result for dementer gifs harry potter

UK Govt's updated no deal guidance: 'In a no deal scenario there is an expectation of disruption to closely interwoven supply chains and increasing costs that would affect the viability of many businesses across Northern Ireland.

'There is a risk that businesses in Northern Ireland will not have sufficient time to prepare. This could result in business failure, and/or relocation to Ireland with knock-on consequences for the Northern Ireland economy and unemployment.'

'Northern Ireland is particularly vulnerable given its high proportion of, and reliance upon SMEs and the number of businesses who trade directly with Ireland'

Agrifood is 'particularly vulnerable given its reliance on cross-border supply chains in the production stage and in finished products.'

'Overall, the cumulative impact from a ‘no deal’ scenario is expected to be more severe in Northern Ireland than in Great Britain, and to last for longer.'

'The Government will shortly publish further details on its immediate, temporary, arrangements for trade between NI and Ireland in a no deal scenario. The Government would need to work urgently with the Irish Government and the EU to find any sustainable longer term solution.'

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/781768/Implications_for_Business_and_Trade_of_a_No_Deal_Exit_on_29_March_2019.pdf

So much for preserving the precious union. The DUP won't be too happy may has sold them out

The bad thing for the EU if there's an extension for Brexit is that the European Parliament will be even more full from eurosceptics. That Farange creature has created a new party for the European elections. And with the rise of extreme right populists in Italy, France, Germany, Hungary, Spain... We're up for a very difficult legislature in the EU.