MadonnaNation.com Forums
adirondak

They need to turn her image around before next album

12 minutes ago, Sanctuary said:

We love her for her music, but if her music is not on the radio, not on t.v. and not on social media, then we are the only ones that appreciate it. That's where some branding / promotion would come in handy and Guy is not cutting it. His priorities have clearly shifted to U2. 

I think it has nothing to do with "turning around her image", so much as just letting people see / hear her. 

I think we can all agree that Rebel Heart was a PHENOMENAL album, and a lot more people would agree HAD THEY HEARD IT. 

U2 is at the same point in their career. Their original material comes out in complete indifference. The element to their advantage is that they began to enjoy their heritage to go on tour without new material.

25 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

849919.gif

gif-15.gif

tumblr_nho2hgFhAY1u70ed8o1_500.gif

pFPyb.gif

https://m.popkey.co/8c5f05/8qOR4.gif

+100000000000000000000000000000

3 minutes ago, IsaacHarris said:

They don't need to do a damn thing.

Agreed ūüíĮ%

1 hour ago, Jazzy Jan said:

This topic is the kind that would be loved at Madonnatripe. 

Yes! Si! Oui! 

28 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

849919.gif

gif-15.gif

pFPyb.gif

Love your gifs! I would also add this one

f1e7d1c9e134f50051ab793b08096593.gif

22 minutes ago, IsaacHarris said:

They don't need to do a damn thing.

No, they don't because anyway nothing will bring back the massive success of before. Nothing. She would write a song as good as LAP and would not achieve the success of GMAYL. It is the law of the market. She is 58 years old and has a incredible career of 35 years behind her. The best in success has passed and will not come back. As the RH album shows, the good news is that she still has creativity in her to offer great songs. That's the important thing. 

8 minutes ago, Hector said:

Webster did not want to wake up ! :lol:

Its true that she is no longer at the frontier of where music is going, but to be fair, for the past 6-8 years the direction of what music is popular is completely shit. The public no longer rewards artistic merit but only buys/streams music that fits in with their idea of 'being cool', which for most young people is vapid and empty. Top 40 music these days is a complete joke, and I would rather Madonna keep doing whatever she wants rather than try to please anyone else.

2 hours ago, XXL said:

Nobody does an image for Madonna lol. Madonna is the sole masterminder of how she presents herself to the public. Since 1983. It's obvious there is an attempt to rewrite her legacy and the impact she's had but no make over could possibly change the haters MO

I'm not saying she should revamp her lifestyle or change who she is.  That's why I love her.  I'm saying she can be exactly the same as she is now, but marketed differently.  Nobody knows the good things she does. She is not very good with social media, and Guy Oseary does nothing in terms of making sure the younger generations know her back catalog.  I just mean public perception of her needs to change before the next album.  That can be done solely through marketing.  There's always an angle.  My point is they need to start warming the playing field before new music is going to drop.

Time for Bedtime Stories 2.0 + Evita Remake.

Madonna has the hunger and the drive, to reach yet another peak as far as record sales, publicity, stuff like that.  if she wanted it. however i dont think she is concerned with that as much as making music she likes, and enjoying herself.

i dont think her lack of chart success has to do with her being 58 at all. and i wouldn't count her out to surprise.

;)

3 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

This.

3 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

849919.gif

gif-15.gif

pFPyb.gif

AND THIS.

What image would people like? Whatever it is, it's going to be fake and unnatural. Madonna needs to be Madonna, and if the public doesn't like it, oh well, who cares.

Ntoh4T.gif

8 minutes ago, Bretticus said:

Madonna needs to be Madonna, and if the public doesn't like it, oh well, who cares.

& I thank you.

5 hours ago, Suedehead said:

There is no "they" anymore.  

Madonna is on auto-pilot at this point in her career. Guy Oseary doesn't care about her image as long as he can make a buck or two. 

THIS.

I can deal better with Madonna maybe being seen as an old fart & public losing some interest in her as long as I enjoy her body of work. I've experienced the last three albums/tours as rocky at times, but her good music & creative ideas keeps me very interested in her!

'What can she do to capture audiences' hearts again?'

Oh, I don't know... maybe travel back in time and turn 19 again?

Now seriously, I'm not sure which exact 'audience' you mean, but for most millennials/young people, she *is* a relic pushing 60. An older demographic (and the actual record buying public) should be easier to win over, but not so much with the media constantly writing her off and deeming her as 'desperate' and 'uncool', and God knows people's perception depends a lot on what they're told to like (Ed Sheeran comes to mind). No matter what she did, I don't think the GP will 'love' her again all of a sudden. I mean, she went all classy and demure with the whole RH promo and GT performances (a good old CLASSIC Madonna song btw), it did shit. Then after all hope was lost with the two previous singles, she went all provocative and in your face with BIM, guess what? It flopped too.

So no; no image overhaul, social media management or releasing 'good' music (and that's quite ridiculous, it's not like her recent output has been all crap or it's only absolute quality music topping the charts nowadays) will turn things around. Maybe some fans should start coping with that and the fact her commercial days are gone, because it will only get worse from here on out ('worse' if your enjoying her music depends on public perception and chart positions).

^^ exactly. 

Some of her FANs need to change their attitude, not "THEY" or Madonna 

1 hour ago, Bretticus said:

What image would people like? Whatever it is, it's going to be fake and unnatural. Madonna needs to be Madonna, and if the public doesn't like it, oh well, who cares.

Word for word 

She needs a record deal. The rest I don't care, as long as I keep getting music.

6 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

an that is why I left the Tribe lol

My God, this is a dreadful depressing thread.  There is nothing wrong with anybody suggesting how her management should get their act together by taking on the tabloids and getting the promotion of her music out there properly but the writing off of Madonna herself is shameful. 

Seriously, does any other fan base continually put down the person they join forums to celebrate by either wanting them to change their entire personality OR wrongly say that they are over, shit, young people don't like them etc.  :gross: Then looking at one song, then another and wondering if it is all done is such a calculating way.  This constant comparing of her ballads and fast songs is crazy and stupid.  Throughout her entire career, Madonna has done both.   She creates pop music.  I also look at the Rebel Heart promo and see Madonna herself - not Madonna trying to be classy and not Madonna trying to be rebellious.  She has ALWAYS had both sides to her and has always appealed to all ages, genders and nationalities.  

Madonna is the Queen of pop and young people know who she is and respect her.  Shame some of her fans don't feel the same way.