MadonnaNation.com Forums
Suedehead

Campaign for a 30th anniversary LIKE A PRAYER deluxe reissue starts HERE

4 hours ago, horn said:

Karby, BAT is after LAP.

I want a pure LAP era collection.

BAT esa, technically, the Like a Prayer Tour. Breathless was pretty much a side project so it definitely belongs. We could, however, add Vogue on the bonus CD considering it was originally the b-side to Keep It Together, so it all makes more sense :cool:

Record labels are clueless anyway. Remember how the box set for George Michael's Listen Without Prejudice is set to include the MTV Unplugged show, recorded, broadcasted and based on songs from the Older era, which came a good 5 years afterwards. Or how the box set for Faith included bonus tracks that actually come from the Listen Without Prejudice.

So we might as well get the Arsenio performances or Let Down Your Guard.

It's not like the LAP CD is out-of-print. You can find it for cheap on Amazon or in the cd bin at Best Buy.

giphy.gif

So what tangible steps can we take?? Bombarding Guy or Madonna's twitter is not going to work is it?

On 6/10/2017 at 11:10 PM, LHakaLH said:

1a.jpg  

prototypelap25.jpg

WOW. This is GORGEOUS. 

22 hours ago, Je5u5 said:

BAT esa, technically, the Like a Prayer Tour. Breathless was pretty much a side project so it definitely belongs. We could, however, add Vogue on the bonus CD considering it was originally the b-side to Keep It Together, so it all makes more sense :cool:

IB, according to WB & Sire, IS a studio album! :americanlife: 

58 minutes ago, horn said:

tumblr_inline_nxj08l1K4J1rgwj44_500.gif

2 hours ago, horn said:

They just happened to forget about it when...

-  Reissuing her studio albums on vinyl. Twice.

- Reissuing her studio albums in a "complete studio albums collection" box set.

- Reissuing her studio albums 1983 - 1990 in mini LP replicas.

It's a sad fact but it's been completely relegated to side project nowadays #justiceforbreathless #youdontknowifitisanalbumornot #itgetsthatalot

Breathless is actually considered a Soundtrack by Warner Bros. It used to be in that section on madonna.com when they were in charge of it. I know some claim it as a studio album but it does contain three songs from the film and is a concept album with songs inspired by a film. Billboard considers it a soundtrack too. For arguments sake it can be classed as a soundtrack/studio album. This is why it's never been released in any of the studio album box sets as WB don't consider it one.

21 minutes ago, JWAD said:

Breathless is actually considered a Soundtrack by Warner Bros. It used to be in that section on madonna.com when they were in charge of it. I know some claim it as a studio album but it does contain three songs from the film and is a concept album with songs inspired by a film. Billboard considers it a soundtrack too. For arguments sake it can be classed as a soundtrack/studio album. This is why it's never been released in any of the studio album box sets as WB don't consider it one.

I wish they would give this album it's true place and importance.  It had too many "non-soundtrack"  tracks on it to be considered a pure soundtrack album. 

It's a studio soundtrack album with an asterisk :think:

Madonna herself doesn't consider it an album.  

I like the fact that it's a bit forgotten,  much like a hidden gem that people are surprised to find. 

3 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Madonna herself doesn't consider it an album.  

I like the fact that it's a bit forgotten,  much like a hidden gem that people are surprised to find. 

Madonna loves it though. She has said so in interviews! 

It shows up her musicality and range. Plus Stephen Sondheim loved her versions of the songs he wrote that are featured on the album. Considering he is a legend in musical theatre, that is a huge compliment.  I love it and think it is extremely under rated. 

1 hour ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Madonna loves it though. She has said so in interviews! 

It shows up her musicality and range. Plus Stephen Sondheim loved her versions of the songs he wrote that are featured on the album. Considering he is a legend in musical theatre, that is a huge compliment.  I love it and think it is extremely under rated. 

And she even named her first and only ballad compilation "Something to Remember". 

She clearle loves STR, I'm Going Bananas, Hanky Panky, Vogue... I would love her to sing again Sooner or Later! To have some smokey jazzy piano moment of pure fun in the next tour. Not a "dramatic piano", but some piano bar section with great atmosphere to sing some favourites while she drinks wine. Fever, Sooner or Later, Crazy for You... 

Just now, karbatal said:

And she even named her first and only ballad compilation "Something to Remember". 

She clearle loves STR, I'm Going Bananas, Hanky Panky, Vogue... I would love her to sing again Sooner or Later! To have some smokey jazzy piano moment of pure fun in the next tour. Not a "dramatic piano", but some piano bar section with great atmosphere to sing some favourites while she drinks wine. Fever, Sooner or Later, Crazy for You... 

Love that idea.  She would pull it off effortlessly and shine like the star she is. 

Just now, Jazzy Jan said:

Love that idea.  She would pull it off effortlessly and shine like the star she is. 

Should we choose the songs she could do in another thread, Jazzy? Madonnanation is famous for giving setlist ideas for imaginary events :lol:

9 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Should we choose the songs she could do in another thread, Jazzy? Madonnanation is famous for giving setlist ideas for imaginary events :lol:

Yes ! You start the thread and we will all add our choices. Madonna reads this forum too. We all know it in our hearts ! Maybe she will love the idea and reward us :lol:

I am in for that!! SIGNED!!

Call it 'the look of love'!!!!

That would make a great torch song!

Are you reading this M? ARE YOU?

On 11/06/2017 at 6:52 PM, Je5u5 said:

Well Madonna changed its named from the Like a Prayer tour because the tour wasn't exclusively to promote that album by the time the tour kicked off.

Such a release would be fine- anything that brings notice to the splendor that is Like a Prayer.

I just imagined our lives with the Like A Prayer Tour instead of Blond Ambition and almost offed myself. Can you IMAGINE?!?

2 hours ago, Shaun said:

I just imagined our lives with the Like A Prayer Tour instead of Blond Ambition and almost offed myself. Can you IMAGINE?!?

How far did plans get for the tour? Was the a set list ever leaked?