MadonnaNation.com Forums
Suedehead

Campaign for a 30th anniversary LIKE A PRAYER deluxe reissue starts HERE

The thing really is that there's no issue, re-releasing an album with additional interesting content doesn't interfere with her work schedule (doubt U2 invested a single work hour except maybe for approving content and layouts) doesn't cost to much to the record company, won't divert resources from new endeavors and will be interesting to hardcore fans (as we are) who doesn't live in the past but would love to have and enhanced experience and a memento of a nice times in our lives. 

Honestly I can't find a negative, any harm or a way this will damage anything except bringing a joyful experience to those who would like to buy this.

45 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

I wouldn't. I don't dwell in nostalgia. I'd rather her to focus on something completely new. That's how I feel. And I do respect you guys but I sometimes feel it's a little bit ott. Especially when it all comes across as another attack on Guy Oseary. 

I really don't get the relation between having special editions and releasing new music. All the complainers in this thread use the same argument. As if one thing excludes the other. 

Meanwhile we are having an album every three years. It's not precisely that Madonna is being super productive. And please nobody brings the demos here: we are not supposed to download them. 

36 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

I wouldn't. I don't dwell in nostalgia. I'd rather her to focus on something completely new. That's how I feel. And I do respect you guys but I sometimes feel it's a little bit ott. Especially when it all comes across as another attack on Guy Oseary. 

I'm sorry but it's you that's "off" here. I just don't understand this mentality. Madonna is the SUM WHOLE of her work. No one is suggesting she stop making music.  It's also not an 'either or situation', she can do both. An artist does not become redundant because they look back or because they celebrate their own work. In many ways they become even more relevant as the extent of their influence gets rediscovered by the young and/or the ignorant. U2 understand this, The Rolling Stones understand this, everyone in the biz with the "legend" status understands this....except some. You'll understand it soon enough though, because we've all seen what's been happening to Madonna's music career.

5 minutes ago, Pedro said:

The thing really is that there's no issue, re-releasing an album with additional interesting content doesn't interfere with her work schedule (doubt U2 invested a single work hour except maybe for approving content and layouts) doesn't cost to much to the record company, won't divert resources from new endeavors and will be interesting to hardcore fans (as we are) who doesn't live in the past but would love to have and enhanced experience and a memento of a nice times in our lives. 

Honestly I can't find a negative, any harm or a way this will damage anything except bringing a joyful experience to those who would like to buy this.

Exactly. What even is the issue here?

u2_josh30_4CD_spread.jpg

Image result for sgt pepper super deluxe japanesebeatlesSGT_giorama.jpg

Image result for boxset fleetwood mac

Image result for paul simon boxset graceland

"But Mariah, Janet and Gaga don't even release tour DVDs!!!! So be graceful!!!!"

Related image

The greatest hymn ever written and performed deserves a special celebration ✨

32 minutes ago, loowee said:

u2_josh30_4CD_spread.jpg

"But Mariah, Janet and Gaga don't even release tour DVDs!!!! So be graceful!!!!"

Related image

:lol:

I didn't mean to rain on anybody's parade here. Every Madonna's release is something I celebrate. Always.

I'm just voicing the opinion of a minority that is not particularly bothered with the re release of an old record in a fancy package. Maybe Madonna shares the same sentiment too. I've never particularly heard her or seen her being extremely fond of her past records. Of course she had records with classics but she doesn't seem to acknowledge them so much. She's always been very in the now. I'm not saying that shouldn't exclude her or management from doing something special now and then but if you start from the principle that you don't want to look back or be nostalgic maybe she just wants to stay true to that. 

1 hour ago, loowee said:

I'm the one who said that and I stand by it. I'd love anniversary editions of albums, but I was merely pointing out that we get a lot of things that others don't. I was legitimately just looking at things positively. I'd love more, but I think we get some great stuff.

1 hour ago, MeakMaker said:

We will have all those things and more once she's nolonger here. We all know how it goes with these things. I'd rather her focus on the now and still tap her creativity as it stands now than revisiting her past glories. I know it sounds all good and makes sense to a lot of us but that is not why I love Madonna.

Imagine the headlines: Madonna re-releasing Like A Prayer with new remastered mixes vs Madonna back in the studio for M14. Which one would you personally be more excited about? Just a thought.

This would require very little effort and time from Madonna herself so it's not like it would delay a new album for awhile.

11 minutes ago, SPM said:

I'm the one who said that and I stand by it. I'd love anniversary editions of albums, but I was merely pointing out that we get a lot of things that others don't. I was legitimately just looking at things positively. I'd love more, but I think we get some great stuff.

I'm with you 100%.

6 hours ago, Crux said:

She added in an interview with Mojo magazine: 'Terrible, terrible perfume. I can't stand it. I don't [like it] any more. It's a tree hugger's smell.'

M shaded Karby. How sad. :imsad:

1 hour ago, loowee said:

Excuse me bitch! :americanlife: 

480370203_l.jpg

71J7RAkwsrL._SY445_.jpg

61mGNOv5TuL._SY445_.jpg

The more we get the better but why Like a prayer especially ? Ray of light is having an anniversary first and all her albums need a remaster even if we don't get any bonus. It is indeed a shame the best selling female artist does not have her catalogue handled better....just look at Celebration (and in a certain way the disdain she had for GHV2), it's true she does not like to look back but people change especially when re-releasing stuff is "free" money coming in the bank account without having to do much. 

2 hours ago, loowee said:

u2_josh30_4CD_spread.jpg

Related image

:lmao:

These bishes are not legends.

The Beatles, U2, Fleetwood Mac and Paul Simon are. 

1a.jpg  

prototypelap25.jpg

3 hours ago, LHakaLH said:

1a.jpg  

prototypelap25.jpg

It's so beautiful. Pity that half the fans here don't like this at all and prefer a t-shirt and a couple of pics in instagram,  you know... 

5 hours ago, LHakaLH said:

1a.jpg  

prototypelap25.jpg

Nice but there's a serious flaw in this collection: That "Vogue" pic doesn't belong in this era.

You tell 'em horny horn 

1 hour ago, horn said:

Nice but there's a serious flaw in this collection: That "Vogue" pic doesn't belong in this era.

It does.  It includes things from BAT 

2 hours ago, karbatal said:

Wouldn't BAT fit better with I'm Breathless or the Immaculate Collection?

2 hours ago, karbatal said:

Karby, BAT is after LAP.

I want a pure LAP era collection.

1 hour ago, horn said:

Karby, BAT is after LAP.

I want a pure LAP era collection.

If we get some celebratory thingy, we'd better not become too picky.  It's the only chance to get a BAT Bluray hahaha 

7 hours ago, horn said:

Use one of these then. From Oh Father or EY

MADONNA_BLOND+AMBITION+WORLD+TOUR-555839

poster.jpg 

The OF pic is absolutely stunning!