MadonnaNation.com Forums
Suedehead

Campaign for a 30th anniversary LIKE A PRAYER deluxe reissue starts HERE

9 hours ago, Glindathegood said:

Neither do I!!!!

Just because you are a super fan may want all this stuff doesn't mean there are a huge number of people who do, certainly not enough to justify all the time and money it would take to put all this together. Some people here don't live in reality! 

Debbie Downer.png

9 hours ago, Sanctuary said:

Ok, can we all as a community come together to agree about one thing though: 

"Vinyl reissue (scented)"

Madonna forgets record making but remembers patchouli

The 56-year-old singer is preparing to release her 13th studio album, 'Rebel Heart', and admits she has released so many LPs throughout her illustrious career she cannot recall the creative process she went through to make all her albums.

She said: 'I cannot remember every record-making experience. It feels like there's been too many of them. But this ['Rebel Heart'] has been really, really intense....complicated. Just because there are so many people involved.'

'It's like a train that keeps picking up people. And every time someone gets on the train, they add another flavour. Then I have to step back and see, OK, how does this all fit into the big picture? So it does seem endless.'

But the 'Papa Don't Preach' hitmaker has no problem recalling her fourth studio album 'Like A Prayer', which came with a cover scented with patchouli oils to simulate church incense, because she now 'cannot stand' the aroma of the plant species.

She added in an interview with Mojo magazine: 'Terrible, terrible perfume. I can't stand it. I don't [like it] any more. It's a tree hugger's smell.'

:lol:

1 minute ago, Crux said:

The 56-year-old singer is preparing to release her 13th studio album, 'Rebel Heart', and admits she has released so many LPs throughout her illustrious career she cannot recall the creative process she went through to make all her albums.

She said: 'I cannot remember every record-making experience. It feels like there's been too many of them. But this ['Rebel Heart'] has been really, really intense....complicated. Just because there are so many people involved.'

'It's like a train that keeps picking up people. And every time someone gets on the train, they add another flavour. Then I have to step back and see, OK, how does this all fit into the big picture? So it does seem endless.'

But the 'Papa Don't Preach' hitmaker has no problem recalling her fourth studio album 'Like A Prayer', which came with a cover scented with patchouli oils to simulate church incense, because she now 'cannot stand' the aroma of the plant species.

She added in an interview with Mojo magazine: 'Terrible, terrible perfume. I can't stand it. I don't [like it] any more. It's a tree hugger's smell.'

:lol:

I never liked it either. I am the only happy fan not having that scented vinyl. The one I bought in Spain in 1989 was not scented and was happy about it. 

8 minutes ago, Crux said:

Disappointed to read this. I hope she has continued to keep journals like she used to though. It's this kind of thing - the record making process of each album and how what was going on around her at the time affected it, that'll be invaluable to read about in an autobiography one day.

I'm also hoping the record-making train only stops at one or two stations next time. 

Some of us are so frustrated at the lack of beautiful releases, that I would love to buy things like this. Look how beautiful 

R-10391945-1496556314-4382.png.jpg

R-10391945-1496556376-5294.jpeg.jpg

Pistas

CD1-01 Intro: I Went To New York  
CD1-02 Stay '81  
CD1-03 Crimes Of Passion  
CD1-04 Love Express  
CD1-05 Love For Tender  
CD1-06 Love On The Run  
CD1-07 No Time For Love  
CD1-08 Drowning  
CD1-09 Get Up  
CD1-10 Shine A Light  
CD1-11 Little Boy Lost  
CD1-12 Safe Neighborhood  
CD1-13 Everybody '81  
CD1-14 Don't You Know?  
CD1-15 Remembering Your Touch  
CD1-16 Are You Ready For It?  
CD1-17 High Society  
CD1-18 Bells Ringing  
CD1-19 Take Me (I Want You)  
CD1-20 Laugh To Keep From Crying  
CD1-21 Interlude: Borderline (recording in the studio)  
CD1-22 Physical Attraction (demo)  
CD1-23 Ain't No Big Deal  
CD1-24 Gambler  
CD1-25 Each Time You Break My Heart  
CD1-26 Supernatural  
CD1-27 Santa Baby  
CD1-28 Interlude: Madonna's Thought  
CD2-01 The Beast Within  
CD2-02 Erotic (Sex Mix)  
CD2-03 Goodbye To Innocence  
CD2-04 Shame  
CD2-05 Dear Father  
CD2-06 You Are The One  
CD2-07 Goodbye To Innocence (Demo)  
CD2-08 You Thrill Me  
CD2-09 Interlude: Jitterbug (snippet)  
CD2-10 Love Won't Wait  
CD2-11 Let Down Your Guard  
CD2-12 Your Honesty  
CD2-13 Freedom '94  
CD2-14 I Can't Forget  
CD2-15 If You Forget Me (poem - spoken word)  
CD2-16 No Substitute For Love  
CD2-17 Be Careful (Solo Version)  
CD2-18 Like A Flower  
CD2-19 Bittersweet (poem - spoken word)  
CD2-20 Has To Be  
CD3-01 La Petite Jeune Fille  
CD3-02 Revenge  
CD3-03 Gone Gone Gone  
CD3-04 Arioso  
CD3-05 Liquid Love  
CD3-06 Cyber-Raga  
CD3-07 Time Stood Still  
CD3-08 Little Girl  
CD3-09 Like An Angel Passing Through My Room  
CD3-10 Lo Que Siente La Mujer  
CD3-11 Run  
CD3-12 Interlude: Tango (Music outtake)  
CD3-13 The Game  
CD3-14 I Can't Forget  
CD3-15 Cool Song  
CD3-16 I Love New York (Demo)  
CD3-17 I'm In Love With Love  
CD3-18 Miss You  
CD3-19 If You Go Away  
CD3-20 Is This Love (Bon D'Accord)  
CD3-21 Boum  
CD3-22 Get Together (demo)  
CD3-23 The English Roses (excerpt - spoken word)  
CD4-01 History (Land Of The Free)  
CD4-02 Keep The Trance  
CD4-03 Triggering (Your Senses)  
CD4-04 Super Pop  
CD4-05 Fighting Spirit  
CD4-06 Erotica/You Thrill Me (Confessions Tour demo)  
CD4-07 The Beat Goes On (demo)  
CD4-08 Hey You  
CD4-09 Ring My Bell  
CD4-10 Across The Sky  
CD4-11 Animal  
CD4-12 Infinity  
CD4-13 Latte (The Madness Of Love)  
CD4-14 Voices (Orchestral Version)  
CD4-15 Get Stupid  
CD4-16 It's So Cool  
CD4-17 It's So Cool (Mirwais Version)  
CD4-18 Broken (I'm Sorry)  
CD4-19 Broken (I'm Sorry) - (acoustic demo)  
CD4-20 Give Me All Your Love (solo version)  
CD4-21 Bang Bang  
CD4-22 Love Spent (Acoustic Version)  
CD4-23 Interlude: My Country 'Tis Of Thee  
CD4-24 Between The Bars (live recording)  
CD5-01 Queen  
CD5-02 Revolution  
CD5-03 Two Steps Behind Me  
CD5-04 Back That Up (Do It)  
CD5-05 Trust No Bitch  
CD5-06 Take It Back  
CD5-07 Score  
CD5-08 Autotune Baby  
CD5-09 Take A Day  
CD5-10 Never Let You Go  
CD5-11 Alone With You  
CD5-12 Tragic Girl  
CD5-13 Nothing Lasts Forever  
CD5-14 Heaven  
CD5-15 God Is Love  
CD5-16 Freedom 2014  
CD5-17 Rebel Heart (demo)  
CD5-18 Illuminati (demo)  
CD5-19 Hold Tight (demo)  
CD5-20 Borrowed Time (demo)  
CD5-21 Wash All Over Me (demo)  
CD5-22 Living For Love (demo)

U2 will celebrate the 30th anniversary of their 1987 album The Joshua Tree this June, with three new editions of the album, including a four-CD super deluxe edition box set.

joshua_angle-e1489087371406.jpg

The super deluxe edition box set (which is also available as a 7LP vinyl set) includes a remastered version of the album (update: there is a suggestion, but not official confirmation that they are using the 2007 remaster), 17 tracks performed Live at Madison Square Garden in 1987 (featuring most of the album), a disc of new remixes and a B-sides and outtakes CD. That final disc repeats most of the tracks on the bonus CD included in the 20th anniversary reissue (the SDE of which was a 2CD+DVD set), although it omits the single edit of Where the Streets Have No Name and adds an unreleased alternate mix of I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For (called the ‘Lillywhite Alternative Mix ’87’) and a new 2017 mix of One Tree Hill (called One Tree Hill Reprise) courtesy of Brian Eno.

u2_josh30_4CD_spread.jpg

In total 25 audio tracks are previously unreleased (including the live material) and the CDs will come housed in a large format 12-inch double gatefold folio. This is packaged with The Joshua Tree – Photographs by The Edge, an 84-page hardcover book of never-before seen photography by The Edge, taken during the original Mojave Desert Joshua Tree shoot in 1986. Additionally this super deluxe set comes with a folio of eight 12-inch Anton Corbijn colour prints. The outer box features a “textured embossed gold foiled Joshua tree icon”.

us_josh30_7LP_spread.jpg

The 7LP vinyl version of this super deluxe edition box features exactly the same audio and exactly the same books and prints as the four-CD set. The only difference is that the audio is across 14 sides of vinyl

Additionally, there will be a two-CD edition of the 30th anniversary which will feature a colour version of the famous cover shot set on a white background. The bonus disc in this set will be the The Joshua Tree Live at Madison Square Garden 1987. There will be single CD and standard double vinyl, editions available as well.

We also hear rumblings that fans of 80s pop strarlet Maddona, rumoured to also once have been managed by U2's manager, are in for a treat in 2019 with the release of a fanclub only limited-edition coffee mug to commemorate 30 years of long-forgotten album Like a Poem.

10 minutes ago, Kim said:

U2 will celebrate the 30th anniversary of their 1987 album The Joshua Tree this June, with three new editions of the album, including a four-CD super deluxe edition box set.

The super deluxe edition box set (which is also available as a 7LP vinyl set) includes a remastered version of the album (update: there is a suggestion, but not official confirmation that they are using the 2007 remaster), 17 tracks performed Live at Madison Square Garden in 1987 (featuring most of the album), a disc of new remixes and a B-sides and outtakes CD. That final disc repeats most of the tracks on the bonus CD included in the 20th anniversary reissue (the SDE of which was a 2CD+DVD set), although it omits the single edit of Where the Streets Have No Name and adds an unreleased alternate mix of I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For (called the ‘Lillywhite Alternative Mix ’87’) and a new 2017 mix of One Tree Hill (called One Tree Hill Reprise) courtesy of Brian Eno.

u2_josh30_4CD_spread.jpg

In total 25 audio tracks are previously unreleased (including the live material) and the CDs will come housed in a large format 12-inch double gatefold folio. This is packaged with The Joshua Tree – Photographs by The Edge, an 84-page hardcover book of never-before seen photography by The Edge, taken during the original Mojave Desert Joshua Tree shoot in 1986. Additionally this super deluxe set comes with a folio of eight 12-inch Anton Corbijn colour prints. The outer box features a “textured embossed gold foiled Joshua tree icon”.

us_josh30_7LP_spread.jpg

The 7LP vinyl version of this super deluxe edition box features exactly the same audio and exactly the same books and prints as the four-CD set. The only difference is that the audio is across 14 sides of vinyl

Additionally, there will be a two-CD edition of the 30th anniversary which will feature a colour version of the famous cover shot set on a white background. The bonus disc in this set will be the The Joshua Tree Live at Madison Square Garden 1987. There will be single CD and standard double vinyl, editions available as well.

We also hear rumblings that fans of 80s pop strarlet Maddona, rumoured to also once have been managed by U2's manager, are in for a treat in 2019 with the release of a fanclub only limited-edition coffee mug to commemorate 30 years of long-forgotten album Like a Poem.

But how can Madonna do that? She is too busy creating right new a thousand of new songs and crafting the future and making new strategies about...

.. oh, wait. 

11 minutes ago, Kim said:

u2_josh30_4CD_spread.jpg

us_josh30_7LP_spread.jpg

not-jealous.gif

I wonder if U2 pay Mr. O$eary more than Madonna does? I wonder if Mr O$eary prefers U2's fan base over Madonna's? (pretending to be nice to screeching gays must get tiresome after a while) I wonder why Mr. O$eary seems to have no interest in the Madonna years that he didn't preside over? I wonder if Mr. O$eary advised U2 to dump their long standing record company and sign their soul to the devil? I wonder why Madonna's tongue is all scalloped in that pic above? She needs to drink more water (from her 30th Anniversary LAP coffee mug!)

I don't understand all this apprehension about material we already HAVE. They're all over YouTube and other websites. Personally I have all those songs on ITunes. And the good thing is that we got them all for free. Can see how having all those songs remastered on cds inside a nice little box printed with pictures we have seen millions of times before is cute but don't see the point if not for Madonna and her management to go after a quick buck... but hey that's my opinion. 

And you guys know that U2 have been also touring their The Joshua Tree album? Maybe Madonna should do the same. Let's see... which Madonna album should M tour? Definitely True Blue; her biggest worldwide album to date. No it's gotta be Like A Prayer; her most artistic. What about Erotica? And Ray Of Light? And why not Confessions for her younger fans. Definitely it's gotta be American Life with the state of things today. No she'll do Hard Candy if not how else she could perform Candy Shop?

You guys are impossible:rotfl: 

In all fairness the intention 4 creating such packages almost always comes from the record company.
And Warner, well let's face it...Who knows, it might all b Glinda's family that works there...

7 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

I don't understand all this apprehension about material we already HAVE. They're all over YouTube and other websites. Personally I have all those songs on ITunes. And the good thing is that we got them all for free. Can see how having all those songs remastered on cds inside a nice little box printed with pictures we have seen millions of times before is cute but don't see the point if not for Madonna and her management to go after a quick buck... but hey that's my opinion. 

And you guys know that U2 have been also touring their The Joshua Tree album? Maybe Madonna should do same. Let's see... which Madonna album M should tour... Definitely True Blue; her biggest worldwide album to date. No it's gotta be Like A Prayer; her most artistic. What about Erotica? And Ray Of Light? And why not Confessions for her younger fans. Definitely it's gotta be American Life with the state of things today. No she'll do Hard Candy if not how else she could perform Candy Shop?

What does it matter to you? If you don't want to buy it, don't buy it! ...and like you wouldn't be the FIRST one twirling around your room if Madge announced something like that U2 box set of remastered, live, new remixes, B sides and previously unreleased material.

And the tour comparison is just stupid. They are touring one of their landmark albums in it's 30th year. Again, like you wouldn't be the first one creaming your panties if Madge announced the Like a Prayer Tour 2019 (not that anyone is suggesting she do so)

22 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

And you guys know that U2 have been also touring their The Joshua Tree album? Maybe Madonna should do same. Let's see... which Madonna album M should tour... Definitely True Blue; her biggest worldwide album to date. No it's gotta be Like A Prayer; her most artistic. What about Erotica? And Ray Of Light? And why not Confessions for her younger fans. Definitely it's gotta be American Life with the state of things today. No she'll do Hard Candy if not how else she could perform Candy Shop?

Yeah, Madonna would never go for a quick buck. She would never try to milk her fanbase. She would rather open overpriced gyms all over the world because it requires a lot of time and planning AND it helps her legacy.

She obviously is against her fans having access to her catalog of unreleased tracks, demos and remixes by purchasing them. After all, according to her, her true fans would NEVER download leaked or buy unauthorized material... 

Yeah, she doesn't have to tour a complete album like U2 is doing EVER. It's her choice. But it is our choice to wish what we wish. So, let it be. 

10 minutes ago, acko said:

In all fairness the intention 4 creating such packages almost always comes from the record company.
And Warner, well let's face it...Who knows, it might all b Glinda's family that works there...

:lmao:

dying-dying.gif

11 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

And you guys know that U2 have been also touring their The Joshua Tree album? Maybe Madonna should do the same. Let's see... which Madonna album should M tour? Definitely True Blue; her biggest worldwide album to date. No it's gotta be Like A Prayer; her most artistic. What about Erotica? And Ray Of Light? And why not Confessions for her younger fans. Definitely it's gotta be American Life with the state of things today. No she'll do Hard Candy if not how else she could perform Candy Shop?

It is because Madonna fans are passionate about Madonna's music - her past music and her future music.  She is the biggest and most idolized music star alive today and that should never be under-estimated.  I don't see why people are being resistant or critical of fans wanting a big release and big deal made of Like a Prayer.   We all love it when her timeless music and her impact is celebrated and written about in articles. People on this forum applaud it and rightly so.   So it is only natural that fans would want this to have.  I also think it would create a lot of interest for younger fans who were not around to witness how epic this release was.  There would be countless articles about this for sure and they would love it.  Again, nobody is suggesting that she does not create new music which we all look forward to.  This anniversary edition would be like a wonderful present to fans. 

Plus, if people don't like the idea and don't want it - easy.  Just don't buy it.  

The pushback in here coming from those who who are against or dismissive of her doing a re-release of one of the most iconic and consequential pop albums of all time is, in her words, mystifying. 

Regardless of what you think will happen, or what you want to happen, the truth is, she WILL start slowing down in terms of current music, and she will NOT have another album full of top 10 hits. These types of releases are FOR the diehard fans. They generate buzz, positive headlines, etc. It's just mind boggling her legacy isn't more, shall I say, organized from a videography and discography standpoint. 

EVERY SINGLE musician of her caliber, of LESSER caliber, has released some kind of box set or anniversary release. It's shameful she hasn't as far as I'm concerned.

This isn't about her embracing her past, this about embracing her legacy as the best selling female artist of all time. 

In All Fairness part II. I really feel that that Rebel Heart Special tourbook was her entourages
way of doing sucha release....without having 2 deal with label bs & meetings.

3 hours ago, Kim said:

Disappointed to read this. I hope she has continued to keep journals like she used to though. It's this kind of thing - the record making process of each album and how what was going on around her at the time affected it, that'll be invaluable to read about in an autobiography one day.

I'm also hoping the record-making train only stops at one or two stations next time. 

I think it's like when she calls a song retarded and sings it in the following tour. I'm positive she only says that to be focused on the album she's promoting but absolutely knows and documents everything for her autobiography someday. 🙏🏻

And let's not forget that she's the Queen of Paradoxes too.  One day she rolls her eyes and the next performs like half of LAV album in the RHT :lol:

1 hour ago, Kim said:

What does it matter to you? If you don't want to buy it, don't buy it! ...and like you wouldn't be the FIRST one twirling around your room if Madge announced something like that U2 box set of remastered, live, new remixes, B sides and previously unreleased material.

And the tour comparison is just stupid. They are touring one of their landmark albums in it's 30th year. Again, like you wouldn't be the first one creaming your panties if Madge announced the Like a Prayer Tour 2019 (not that anyone is suggesting she do so)

I wouldn't. I don't dwell in nostalgia. I'd rather her to focus on something completely new. That's how I feel. And I do respect you guys but I sometimes feel it's a little bit ott. Especially when it all comes across as another attack on Guy Oseary. 

We need a deluxe version with remastered original album plus a disc of remixes (including single mixes) + "Supernatural" and maybe even an unreleased demo (though I'm not holding my breath for anything but a remaster). 

1 hour ago, KalamazooJay said:

The pushback in here coming from those who who are against or dismissive of her doing a re-release of one of the most iconic and consequential pop albums of all time is, in her words, mystifying. 

Regardless of what you think will happen, or what you want to happen, the truth is, she WILL start slowing down in terms of current music, and she will NOT have another album full of top 10 hits. These types of releases are FOR the diehard fans. They generate buzz, positive headlines, etc. It's just mind boggling her legacy isn't more, shall I say, organized from a videography and discography standpoint. 

EVERY SINGLE musician of her caliber, of LESSER caliber, has released some kind of box set or anniversary release. It's shameful she hasn't as far as I'm concerned.

This isn't about her embracing her past, this about embracing her legacy as the best selling female artist of all time. 

We will have all those things and more once she's nolonger here. We all know how it goes with these things. I'd rather her focus on the now and still tap her creativity as it stands now than revisiting her past glories. I know it sounds all good and makes sense to a lot of us but that is not why I love Madonna.

Imagine the headlines: Madonna re-releasing Like A Prayer with new remastered mixes vs Madonna back in the studio for M14. Which one would you personally be more excited about? Just a thought.

5 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

We will have all those things and more once she's nolonger here. We all know how it goes with these things. I'd rather her focus on the now and still tap her creativity as it stands now than revisiting her past glories. I know it sounds all good and makes sense to a lot of us but that is not why I love Madonna.

Imagine the headlines: Madonna re-releasing Like A Prayer with new remastered mixes vs Madonna back in the studio for M14. Which one would you personally be more excited about? Just a thought.

Why can't she do both? Reissues and box sets can't harm an artist, they can only keep them in the spotlight in between studio albums and possibly even introduce new generations to their music. There are countless artists I discovered from reissues and hits packages. Anyway, this debate is ridiculous, especially for a purely hypothetical thread. 

2 hours ago, Kim said:

I wonder if U2 pay Mr. O$eary more than Madonna does? I wonder if Mr O$eary prefers U2's fan base over Madonna's? (pretending to be nice to screeching gays must get tiresome after a while) I wonder why Mr. O$eary seems to have no interest in the Madonna years that he didn't preside over? I wonder if Mr. O$eary advised U2 to dump their long standing record company and sign their soul to the devil? I wonder why Madonna's tongue is all scalloped in that pic above? She needs to drink more water (from her 30th Anniversary LAP coffee mug!)

We need a LIKE button up in here!! 

18 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

She can do both !   She can easily work on a new album and also release a special anniversary edition of Like a Prayer.  She does not even have to technically do anything to re-release Like a Prayer.