London Bridge - people hit by van

Looks like another terrorist incident has just happened on London Bridge - a van has ploughed into 15 - 20 people and a stabbing afterwards.

I don't know what to say anymore.

London Bridge and Borough Market are v v close. Could be the same incident.

But something is kicking off in Vauxhall as well.

8 minutes ago, nightcutter said:

London Bridge and Borough Market are v v close. Could be the same incident.

But something is kicking off in Vauxhall as well.

Really? In Vauxhall? Update : It's just come on the news that something is happening there too.

but yes, the first two incidents were the same. The three guys in the van ran off and they've not been caught yet.

Oh how convenient targeting defenseless unarmed civilians, just the day after a national Q&A with May and Corbyn, just four days before the general election.

Coward conniving CUNTS whoever orchestrated this.

Theresa May heading to Downing Street for a Cobra meeting. Sadly it's increasingly clear that all of this is going to translate into more invasion of privacy, massive surveillance plans, military in the streets or should I say more military.

So this happened on a Saturday night in London Bridge and Borough Market. What's next?

Dreading to think about something similar occurring on an average working day, perhaps rush hour time, in the City, or maybe worse on public transport in a manner similar to what tragically unfolded thirteen years ago in Madrid.

More invasion of privacy and military patrolling the streets for example will not mean feeling safer at all.

Thoughts to all the victims of this senseless stupid fucking act of cowardice arming, killing innocent people, once again. I feel for them.

Not praying, fuck that. Praying doesn't solve jack shit.

I do not read this toilet paper at all, but I could not help stumbling upon this tweet. Now apparently controlled explosions too - just a few minutes ago:

and a man on the ground with canisters trapped to him

Z

3 hours ago, pjcowley said:

Oh how convenient targeting defenseless unarmed civilians, just the day after a national Q&A with May and Corbyn, just four days before the general election.

Coward conniving CUNTS whoever orchestrated this.

Whole thing stinks to high heaven quite honestly.  Watching the news right now, couldn't be more different from the raw and real confusion @ Manchester.

3 hours ago, spazz said:

Who did that? Any updates?

Still investigating. The 3 morons were shot dead, they had fake suicide vests on.  Multiple stabbings , 7 were murdererd. 

5 hours ago, Kim said:

Whole thing stinks to high heaven quite honestly.  Watching the news right now, couldn't be more different from the raw and real confusion @ Manchester.

I feel it is because it was made by some very amateurish lone wolves. The fact that they had vest with fake explosives says it all. 

We are facing a situation that makes unbalanced people and delirious groups behave in a certain way.  They are extremists too,  murderers and terrorists, but they don't have things planned as the Manchester attack or the Paris and Brussels ones.  This is like when a group of unbalanced people in Japan meet to commit suicide.  

And this doesn't help the conservatives, I guess... 

2 hours ago, karbatal said:

I feel it is because it was made by some very amateurish lone wolves. The fact that they had vest with fake explosives says it all. 

We are facing a situation that makes unbalanced people and delirious groups behave in a certain way.  They are extremists too,  murderers and terrorists, but they don't have things planned as the Manchester attack or the Paris and Brussels ones.  This is like when a group of unbalanced people in Japan meet to commit suicide.  

Its one thing to gather to suicide yourself, its another - to kill innocent ppl. I wonder are those "Englishmen" or recent arrivals. If they are born on English soil, the problems are imported and I don't see what could work.

Anyways, its horrible whats happening in London. Hope all injured are fine and its nothing serious that has happened to them. Hope no more casualties are reported.

24 minutes ago, elijah said:

Its one thing to gather to suicide yourself, its another - to kill innocent ppl. I wonder are those "Englishmen" or recent arrivals. If they are born on English soil, the problems are imported and I don't see what could work.

Anyways, its horrible whats happening in London. Hope all injured are fine and its nothing serious that has happened to them. Hope no more casualties are reported.

I didn't say it was the same.  I said that these amateurish attack is not organised as the previous ones.  And it reminded me of delirious people doing a crazy thing. 

3 hours ago, karbatal said:

That's not what I meant, but there's no point getting into that right now.

It does help the Tories by the way, as  the media narrative has been that the opposition leader is a terrorist sympathiser and, according to several newspapers, has blood on his hands this morning.

20 minutes ago, Kim said:

It does help the Tories by the way, as  the media narrative has been that the opposition leader is a terrorist sympathiser and, according to several newspapers, has blood on his hands this morning.

I hate it so much when innocents lives and pain are used for political advantages. 

11 hours ago, Kim said:

Typical of those newspapers.  Using this disgusting dreadful attack to then attack Corbyn like this for their own political bias.  Saying he has blood on his hands and he is not even in power.  That is wrong on every level. They should show more respect for the victims of this cowardly attack rather than use it like this.