Trump / US politics thread 🚽

i dont like the man.

the moment he announced he was going for office i had a gut feeling he would come very far. maybe even in the white-house. my gut feeling was right. i still can't believe anyone would vote for this man? sure, u can be angry about the establishment but come on....now your stuck, no now we are stuck with him for four years. 

the constant narcistic arguments, the constant lying, the way he behaves in public....i just can't..

In six months as President, Donald J. Trump has:
• Sent 991 tweets 
• Spent 40 days at Trump golf properties 
• Passed 0 pieces of major legislation

:flop:

16 hours ago, Hector said:

What an idiot.  Embarrassing. 

5 hours ago, Hector said:

In six months as President, Donald J. Trump has:
• Sent 991 tweets 
• Spent 40 days at Trump golf properties 
• Passed 0 pieces of major legislation

:flop:

He is not only a horrible person but totally useless as well. 

Russian plot to elect Trump included Jill Stein, according to latest gleeful Twitter theory

By Alexander Nazaryan On 7/20/17 at 12:34 PM

She’s back, and nobody knows why.

There are 41 names included in the document requests sent to Donald Trump Jr.’s lawyer, Alan Futerfas, and Paul Manafort’s lawyer, Reginald Brown, by the Senate Judiciary Committee. The requests include communications involving many individuals known to be ensnared in the Russia investigation, from President Donald Trump's former campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, to Russian President Vladimir Putin.

But while this roster of characters would have made for a fine John Le Carré novel, one name included therein immediately attracted online speculation: that of former Green Party presidential candidate Dr. Jill Stein.

What, exactly, Stein has to do with Trump Jr.’s meeting last summer with Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya is unclear, as the Senate Judiciary Committee provided no context for its demands, which are to be honored by August 2. A request for an explanation to Stein’s former campaign manager remains unanswered at this time. And though she is active on Twitter, Stein has made no acknowledgement on that social media network of her name’s appearance in the Trump Jr. inquest.

None of this, of course, prevented some on Twitter from rejoicing at the prospect, however unfounded, that Stein was herself the subject of investigation. The glee is premature but understandable. Stein’s self-righteousness exasperated many supporters of Hillary Clinton, as did her portrayal of Clinton as effectively no better a choice for true liberals than Donald Trump. Some have blamed Stein for “spoiling” the election, doing for Clinton what her fellow progressive Ralph Nader had done 17 years before for Al Gore. Her demand for a recount—a demand for which she reaped $7 million in donations—struck some as a pointless publicity ploy.

That’s all to say that, as the curiosity about her involvement with the Russia investigation plainly demonstrates, there remains remarkable ill will toward Stein and her role in the 2016 presidential campaign.

The questions about Stein’s ties to Russia are not new. They stem from a single photograph of Stein’s trip to Moscow in 2015. The image shows her dining at a table with Putin and Michael Flynn, the disgraced Trump adviser at the heart of the Russia probe.

Politico later described the scene:

Stein didn’t just attend the gala—dressed in a shimmering silver shawl, she sat at the same table as Russian President Vladimir Putin, who has barely disguised his glee at the political chaos that what he calls “patriotic” Russian hackers have unleashed in the United States. And she recorded a video from Moscow’s famous Red Square, in which she talked about “the need to rein in American exceptionalism” and replace “a U.S. policy based on domination”—words that sounded like they were ripped from Putin’s talking points.

Stein had never made any attempts to hide her trip to Russia or its purported intentions. “After this meeting I am more sure than ever that the ideas I'm bringing into the presidential race will allow the US and Russia to work together to address problems that would otherwise be intractable,” Stein said of the meeting on her campaign website.

More recently, she has defended herself against accusations that she was somehow involved in a joint effort with the Trump campaign and its Russian comrades to smear Clinton. When, last month, CNN’s Michael Smerconish asked Stein why she’d attended the dinner with Putin, she responded by deflecting blame.

“That picture didn’t start to circulate until long after the election,” Stein said, adding a little later: “It’s funny, Michael, you have to ask why is that picture kicking up a storm right now? I think it’s very related to the fact that the Democrats are looking for someone to blame.”

It’s unclear if members of the Senate Judiciary Committee know something of a previously undisclosed Stein "backchannel" to the Trump campaign or are simply reaching out to anyone who had contact with Russian officials during the presidential race. Whatever the case, her surprising cameo in the Trump Jr. letter gave some on Twitter occasion to rejoice.

http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-jr-jill-stein-putin-russia-senate-639422

We're at a place now where he could literally shoot someone in the face right in front of one of his supporters, then to turn to them and say he didn't actually do that, that Hillary Clinton set him up and they'd believe it. It's beyond alarming at this point. They're a little loony and a lot paranoid and that's very dangerous!

I got excited for a millisecond thinking it said Trump resigned. :americanlife: Rats are jumping ship and his supporters still think everything is going GREAT!

1 hour ago, Kurt420 said:

We're at a place now where he could literally shoot someone in the face right in front of one of his supporters, then to turn to them and say he didn't actually do that, that Hillary Clinton set him up and they'd believe it. It's beyond alarming at this point. They're a little loony and a lot paranoid and that's very dangerous!

Trump supporters are a literal cult at this point. 

newsweek.com

What will a “cornered” Donald Trump do next in the Russia investigation?

By Nina Burleigh On 7/20/17 at 4:02 PM

Just a day after President Donald Trump warned the Justice Department investigating possible ties between the Trump 2016 presidential campaign and Russia not to cross a “red line” by looking into his family businesses, a report suggested the U.S. special counsel leading the probe did just that.

Trump told The New York Times that he would not accept an investigation into his family businesses. But today a source revealed that the special investigator is looking into a variety of Trump businesses and their interactions with Russian banks and tycoons.

The areas of investigation, according to an unnamed source who spoke with Bloomberg, include: Russian purchases of apartments in Trump buildings, Trump’s involvement in a SoHo hotel with Russian associates, the 2013 Miss Universe pageant in Moscow and Trump’s sale of a Florida mansion to a Russian oligarch.

Trump has lashed out at Attorney General Jeff Sessions and signaled there could be repercussions. What happens next is anyone’s best guess. Trump’s mercurial decision-making process is hard to predict and somewhat dependent on how successful his political advisers are at convincing him that to get rid of more people would constitute political suicide. But constitutional lawyers reached by Newsweek say the president could fire or sideline Attorney General Jeff Sessions, and at least temporarily impede special investigator Robert Mueller—if not actually make him go away.

“Trump has found himself now painted into a corner, and it’s a very dangerous position for the country,” says Norm Eisen, a lawyer with Brookings Institution. “But the jam he finds himself in is one that’s familiar to others—going all the way back to Richard Nixon’s Saturday Night Massacre—who have tried to control the operation of the American system of checks and balances from the Oval Office. The system is resilient even with the abdication of Republican oversight from Congress.”

But there is a mechanism by which Trump could legally impede the investigation, at least temporarily, according to constitutional lawyer Richard Painter. “This is the risk: Sessions quits or is forced out or fired,” Painter said. “Then he puts in another acting attorney general, a crony who didn’t work on the campaign and who wouldn’t recuse on Russia. Things sit for two or three weeks and then the acting AG fires Mueller or, more probably, starts to just meddle in his business and looks for an excuse to impede it.”

Conventional political wisdom would suggest that such a scenario is unlikely, given the disastrous political consequences, but Trump has a track record of ignoring threats of repercussions and has shown himself to be largely immune to conventional political outcomes.

He was known to have been considering firing Mueller all the way back in June, when his friend Chris Ruddy, CEO of the right-wing Newsmaxx outlet, reported that he’d discussed it with the president and urged him not to act.

Other politicians at the time seemed to accept the possibility; former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, an informal adviser to the President, declared publicly that the special counsel investigation could not be impartial. “Republicans are delusional if they think the special counsel is going to be fair. Look who he is hiring.check fec reports. Time to rethink,” the former House speaker tweeted.

Virginia Democratic Congressman Don Beyer led a group of 22 Democrats this week asking the FBI to look into whether Ivanka Trump reported all of her own and her family members’ meetings with representatives of foreign governments. Legally, she was required to mention her brother Donald Trump Jr.’s meeting with Russians promising dirt on Hillary Clinton.

“It’s really dangerous territory now,” Beyer said. “The biggest question with Russia is not so much that he’s on the same page philosophically with Putin, but that when American bankers would not bail him out, the Russians came in. He might not have lost his hotels, but only thanks to their money. This is where he must be somewhat panicked. Not about election collusion but the role of Russian money in the Trump businesses.”

Beyer said his Republican colleagues will probably revolt if Trump fires more Justice Department officials. While Republicans are not even privately “volunteering their distress over Trump,” Beyer said, “they roll their eyes but keep their mouths shut.” He believes that a secret caucus ballot would find they overwhelmingly prefer Pence in the White House but that they fear Trump’s 36 percent approval is their primary base.

Beyer said that if Trump fires Sessions and deputy AG Rod Rosenstein—who appointed Mueller—“that would be the straw that broke the camel’s back, and I think that would be a challenge too far to these folks.” He predicted that politics will only hold them back so long: The impeachment of Nixon did not begin until after the Republican summer primary season in 1974.

Constitutional lawyer Eisen also believes Republicans in Congress would step in if Trump meddles with the Department of Justice now. “While Congress has not taken a strong hand, they have been sufficiently active to play an important role to put Trump in this position and have accountability,” Eisen said.  “If anything, there has been increasing restlessness and willingness to defy the White House as Trump’s problems become deeper and his approval ratings sink.”

FBI Director James Comey’s public testimony, which arguably led to the appointment of Mueller, could not have happened without a Republican committee chairman agreeing with Democrats to invite him to the Hill.

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-sessions-mueller-impeachment-congress-russia-investigation-republicans-639832

I am still in awe that millions thought electing this obvious psycho was a good idea.  What is WRONG with people!!!!!???   The level of stupidity out there is astounding. 

9 hours ago, Skin said:

I am still in awe that millions thought electing this obvious psycho was a good idea.  What is WRONG with people!!!!!???   The level of stupidity out there is astounding. 

I guess the "black Muslim from Kenya" trying to take all of their guns away and attacking their religious freedoms really spooked them.......that and the most evil bitch in the history of humanity, Hillary Clinton coming dangerously close to being the most powerful WOMAN (OH NO!) on earth......maybe it was all too much....too much for a paranoid/alt-right loon to take......everything's bound to break though....sooner or later, sooner or later.....

tumblr_nmjkqhfEEk1tk77fko1_250.gif

After all, "white people" (whatever that is anyways) are now the minorities on earth according to them. 

Just now, FreeMySoul said:

He was only elected because of Russia's interference 

US voters did not elect him 

I don't doubt their propaganda influenced voters but sadly, I truly think there are even today, enough people in this country that support him to legitimately elect him. I don't know what to believe anymore but apparently there was some poll recently that concluded if the election were held today Hillary would still lose. In fact, she's even more disliked now apparently than she was last fall. Why the fuck Hillary Clinton is even still a big topic of discussion 8-9 months after the election that HE WON is anyone's guess. They can't keep her name out of their mouth though. Clearly, her winning the popular vote by A LOT is a major thorn in their side and something the big orange baby just can't get over.

The shady administration is trying to completely eliminate the daily White House press briefings. They ban cameras and audio on many days. Trump is more secretive and paranoid than Nixon!

2 hours ago, FreeMySoul said:

Sean Spicer resigned from his role as the White House press secretary on Friday, The New York Times reports.

Glenn Thrush reported Spicer resigned after Anthony Scaramucci was named White House communications director.

No word on Melissa McCarthy's status on SNL. 

Good riddance. 

This administration gets more embarrassing each day! I'm watching the new communications director on TV repeatedly say today how much he LOVES Trump! :manson:

Is Spicer the guy who said how even Hitler didn't stoop this low and used chemical weapons? Vs Assad. Pathetic

The new one doesn't sound any saner

10 hours ago, Hector said:

This administration gets more embarrassing each day! I'm watching the new communications director on TV repeatedly say today how much he LOVES Trump! :manson:

I turned the tv off because I was becoming violently ill listening to that non sense. Twitter is trolling Scaramucci with his past comments on Trimp. Scaramucci was a supporter of the democratic party back in the day and as early as 2015 called Trump a political hack.  Scaramucci was really smooth during his first presser unlikely he will remain that way.