MadonnaNation.com Forums
Hector

Trump / US politics thread 🚽

It's all about legacy. So far he hasn't left any. Not with his ugly ass buildings, not with branding his name to the most ridiculous products. His brand is in severe decline. With his presidency he has achieved basically nothing except for managing to fulfill some promises he has made to his voters. Many of those by even cheating to get these things done, like getting his Supreme Court judge approved. He desperately wants to make his mark so people may remember him in the decades and centuries to come. Since he is unable to do it in a "positive" way he is turning aggressive. I can totally see him going to war for the sole reason to be remembered. The strange logic behind it? Look at all the evil people in history. I would like to argue that they are better known than the people who did good things. And even worse, those mass murderers still have a following and the adoration of a lot of (evil or dumb) people. Trump has sworn to work for the good of the American people. All I can see is that he is damaging the reputation of the U.S.A. and God forbid he uses nuclear weapons.

16 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

I think about this often.

Not in a morbid sense, but I truly wonder how long he can continue his lifestyle and not drop dead from cardiac arrest. He's not healthy. He's out of shape. He's admitted to only sleeping like 3-4 hours a night. He eats fast food all the time. He doesn't exercise. He's constantly angry. I truly can't see him living past 80 years old.

And maybe it's wishful thinking, but I honestly can't see him seeking another term out of sheer exhaustion. At least I hope not. I don't use the term 'HATE' to describe human beings, but I can say unequivocally, I truly hate him and what he's done to this country. He has, in the worst way, divided people on a level that has never been seen. One could even say it's almost brilliant in the fashion in which he's done it. But I despise everything he stands for, everything he says, and everything he's done as a human being. He's truly a deplorable.  

This. Almost a YEAR later and it's basically as horrid to deal with every day. Not like if any other typical/normal Republican won (Romney,  Bush, Rubio etc..) who I wouldn't agree with on most if not all issues but would be able to get through it like we did with George W. At least all those men are actually SANE, decent on some level and would know how to do the job. Been nothing but a 24/7 shit/ horror show. My feeling towards the orangutan are equally as raw as much as a year or 2 ago during the campaign to this very day. That face, voice, energy, persona etc...pushes every worst button imaginable. I don't and won't 'wish' any harm but if it happens, whatevas. 'God' did their thing lol. 

The Trump media show we see everyday reminds me so much of Britney Spears breakdown days. We can't go through a day without Trump being mentioned or talked about. Honestly it's exhausted and it's been not even a whole year. Since he took office ( actually much earlier than that) it's been constant and it's becoming a dangerous freak show. In the same veins as Britney who fell into the trap of living life through the attention of the medias Trump just can't help himself. Media attention is not about being positive or negative after all. It's all about the attention. Trump just like Britney can't go through an hour- let alone a day - without making sure every little thing worth of talk will make headlines breaking news. That's what too much fame does to you. The problem is Trump is the USA president not a teen pop star and unlike Britney who was only a lonely young woman yearning for true love Trump is a power hungry narcissistic with billions in the bank. No intervention will save him. We will just have to deal with a madman in charge of the future of the world and hope he ll be removed asap.  At this moment I expect the USA to declare war to NK. There is so much going in the world.. it's hard to watch.

2 hours ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

^^^ LOL. What a great response. And look at the numbers. Much more Likes and Re-Tweets than Trumps original posts. And this is what Trump probably bothers even more than the clever response itself.

:yes::doh::wacko:

It is embarrassing to see a president tweeting this childish, egotistical bulldust day in and day out.  

I didn’t get to know Bob very well, but I knew his father and mother fairly well, and his response sounds exactly like something Phil would have said lmao.

He manages to get more pathetic, petty, deranged, and destructive each day. Yuck, I can't believe that cunt Sarah Huckabee Sanders makes me miss Sean Spicer. :wacko:

:clap::clap::boxing::order::rotfl:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-suggests-challenging-broadcast-licenses-nbc-reports-wanted-tenfold-increase-u-s-nukes-152057437.html

Trump suggests challenging broadcast licenses after NBC reports he wanted tenfold increase in U.S. nukes

Dylan Stableford

Yahoo News, October 11, 2017

President Trump says an NBC News report that he said he wanted a tenfold increase in the U.S. nuclear arsenal is “pure fiction, made up to demean” him.

“Fake @NBCNews made up a story that I wanted a ‘tenfold’ increase in our U.S. nuclear arsenal,” Trump tweeted on Wednesday. “Pure fiction, made up to demean. NBC = CNN!”

In a follow-up tweet, Trump wondered aloud whether the Federal Communications Commission should revoke the broadcast licenses for those networks — something President Richard Nixon threatened to do to the Washington Post after it began investigating Watergate.

“With all of the Fake News coming out of NBC and the Networks, at what point is it appropriate to challenge their License?” Trump wrote on Twitter. “Bad for country!”

A spokeswoman for NBC News did not immediately return a request from Yahoo News seeking comment; nor did a representative for the FCC.

On Tuesday night, the network reported that Trump’s request for a bigger stockpile of nuclear weapons came during a “tense” July 20 meeting with high-ranking national security officials, citing three people who were in the room.

“According to the officials present, Trump’s advisers, among them the Joint Chiefs of Staff and Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, were surprised,” the NBC report said. “Officials briefly explained the legal and practical impediments to a nuclear buildup and how the current military posture is stronger than it was at the height of the buildup. In interviews, they told NBC News that no such expansion is planned.”

Soon after the meeting concluded, officials who remained behind heard Tillerson call Trump a “moron” — a comment that was first reported by NBC last week.

According to NBC, Tillerson considered resigning after Trump’s rambling, highly politicized speech to a gathering of Boy Scouts on July 24 and Vice President Mike Pence had to talk him out of it.

The report prompted Tillerson to abruptly call a hastily arranged press conference, during which he refuted the story and reaffirmed his commitment to the Trump agenda.

“The vice president has never had to persuade me to remain as secretary of state, because I have never considered leaving this post,” Tillerson said.

Trump subsequently called the NBC report “fake news” on Twitter and demanded the network apologize.

In a Forbes magazine cover story that was published online Tuesday, Trump reiterated that the report that his top diplomat called him a “moron” was “fake news” — but qualified the assertion.

“I think it’s fake news, but if he did that, I guess we’ll have to compare IQ tests,” Trump said. “And I can tell you who is going to win.”

On 11/10/2017 at 9:09 PM, Hector said:

The 15% of gay people who voted for him must be so proud of their vote. :bad:

Blacks, Mexicans and women also voted for him. Goes to show that for some people being an idiot is their number one priority.