Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums
Magician

Trump / US politics thread 🚽

Recommended Posts

The governments in Europe especially in Germany are totally pissed at Trump in regards to decertifying (which basically means nothing, just another smoke and mirror tactic for his dumb supporters) that Iran deal. Not only because Trump was lying through his tees when he read that speech yesterday but because the decision makes all parties involved look really bad when it comes to reliability in honoring agreements. It is very harmful to Germany which has tried many times over the last 15 years, ever since it decided against fighting in Iraq, to solve conflicts by using diplomacy. From time to time successfully. It was Germany's way to become a political powerhouse on the world stage without being a constant member on the UN security counsel and without using its military force. While the U.S. obviously no longer cares about its reputation, Germany still does. Of course, you worry about your reputation when the most important thing in the last 80 years has been to rebuild a good reputation from being the most hated and despised nation on the planet.

And once again he was talking about how bad the deal was for the U.S.  I wonder what all the U.S. companies, first and foremost Boeing, have to say about that. Billions and billions worth in contracts are considered bad? Hypocrisy much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

The governments in Europe especially in Germany are totally pissed at Trump in regards to decertifying (which basically means nothing, just another smoke and mirror tactic for his dumb supporters) that Iran deal. Not only because Trump was lying through his tees when he read that speech yesterday but because the decision makes all parties involved look really bad when it comes to reliability in honoring agreements. It is very harmful to Germany which has tried many times over the last 15 years, ever since it decided against fighting in Iraq, to solve conflicts by using diplomacy. From time to time successfully. It was Germany's way to become a political powerhouse on the world stage without being a constant member on the UN security counsel and without using its military force. While the U.S. obviously no longer cares about its reputation, Germany still does. Of course, you worry about your reputation when the most important thing in the last 80 years has been to rebuild a good reputation from being the most hated and despised nation on the planet.

And once again he was talking about how bad the deal was for the U.S.  I wonder what all the U.S. companies, first and foremost Boeing, have to say about that. Billions and billions worth in contracts are considered bad? Hypocrisy much.

 

Amen

And Israel and the US disenfranchising from the UN's UNESCO agency is simply another tit for tat gimmick in a long list

Apparently the UN doesn't lend itself to unaccounted levels of prepotence and lies used to justify what those two countries goals are to begin with

Not enough as they'd hope at least

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Hector said:

:vomit:

 

 

Good grief

It's 2017

Time to separate fanatism from the administration of politics

This American "God Complex" is really disturbing

God Bless America / In God We Trust   and all that crap

God, assuming his existence, wouldn't have a favourite country as one would pick their fav football team

And he certainly wouldn't pick the United States of all countries with its dreadful foreign policy track record post WWII

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Hector said:

 

:dead::clap::clap:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

President Donald J. Trump Proclaims October 15 through October 21, 2017, as National Character Counts Week

NATIONAL CHARACTER COUNTS WEEK, 2017

- - - - - - - 

BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

A PROCLAMATION


We celebrate National Character Counts Week because few things are more important than cultivating strong character in all our citizens, especially our young people.  The grit and integrity of our people, visible throughout our history, defines the soul of our Nation.  This week, we reflect on the character of determination, resolve, and honor that makes us proud to be American.

As President Reagan declared, "There is no institution more vital to our Nation's survival than the American family.  Here the seeds of personal character are planted, the roots of public virtue first nourished."  Character is built slowly.  Our actions -- often done first out of duty -- become habits ingrained in the way we treat others and ourselves.  As parents, educators, and civic and church leaders, we must always work to cultivate strength of character in our Nation's youth.  

Character can be hard to define, but we see it in every day acts -- raising and providing for a family with loving devotion, working hard to make the most of an education, and giving back to devastated communities.  These and so many other acts big and small constitute the moral fiber of American culture.  Character is forged around kitchen tables, built in civic organizations, and developed in houses of worship.  It is refined by our choices, large and small, and manifested in what we do when we think no one is paying attention. 

As we strive every day to improve our character and that of our Nation, we pause and thank those individuals whose strength of character has inspired us and who have provided a supporting hand during times of need.  In particular, we applaud families as they perform the often thankless task of raising men and women of character.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, DONALD J. TRUMP, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim October 15 through October 21, 2017, as National Character Counts Week.  I call upon public officials, educators, parents, students, and all Americans to observe this week with appropriate ceremonies, activities, and programs.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this
thirteenth day of October, in the year of our Lord two thousand seventeen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and forty-second.

 

DONALD J. TRUMP

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/10/13/president-donald-j-trump-proclaims-october-15-through-october-21-2017-0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/10/2017 at 12:28 AM, XXL said:

 

Good grief

It's 2017

Time to separate fanatism from the administration of politics

This American "God Complex" is really disturbing

God Bless America / In God We Trust   and all that crap

God, assuming his existence, wouldn't have a favourite country as one would pick their fav football team

And he certainly wouldn't pick the United States of all countries with its dreadful foreign policy track record post WWII

Why would God pick the USA when the well known USA was built by killing the true natives of those lands? Are people this dumb they don't even know their own country history? How can they be patriotic and love their country when they don't even know its origin? Are those people brainless? I would expect that way of thinking from hillbillies but government officials? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, LSD said:

President Donald J. Trump Proclaims October 15 through October 21, 2017, as National Character Counts Week

NATIONAL CHARACTER COUNTS WEEK, 2017

- - - - - - - 

BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

A PROCLAMATION


We celebrate National Character Counts Week because few things are more important than cultivating strong character in all our citizens, especially our young people.  The grit and integrity of our people, visible throughout our history, defines the soul of our Nation.  This week, we reflect on the character of determination, resolve, and honor that makes us proud to be American.

As President Reagan declared, "There is no institution more vital to our Nation's survival than the American family.  Here the seeds of personal character are planted, the roots of public virtue first nourished."  Character is built slowly.  Our actions -- often done first out of duty -- become habits ingrained in the way we treat others and ourselves.  As parents, educators, and civic and church leaders, we must always work to cultivate strength of character in our Nation's youth.  

Character can be hard to define, but we see it in every day acts -- raising and providing for a family with loving devotion, working hard to make the most of an education, and giving back to devastated communities.  These and so many other acts big and small constitute the moral fiber of American culture.  Character is forged around kitchen tables, built in civic organizations, and developed in houses of worship.  It is refined by our choices, large and small, and manifested in what we do when we think no one is paying attention. 

As we strive every day to improve our character and that of our Nation, we pause and thank those individuals whose strength of character has inspired us and who have provided a supporting hand during times of need.  In particular, we applaud families as they perform the often thankless task of raising men and women of character.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, DONALD J. TRUMP, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim October 15 through October 21, 2017, as National Character Counts Week.  I call upon public officials, educators, parents, students, and all Americans to observe this week with appropriate ceremonies, activities, and programs.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this
thirteenth day of October, in the year of our Lord two thousand seventeen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and forty-second.

 

DONALD J. TRUMP

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/10/13/president-donald-j-trump-proclaims-october-15-through-october-21-2017-0

Says the man who's been divorced twice and has children from three different wives and countless of affairs all along. Somebody please, restrain me!  :banghead:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just when you think he can't get any lower.  He has no rock bottom.  He's the fucking devil and he's destroying everything he touches.  And yet, people STILL support him like he's some sort of fucking savior.  It's beyond comprehension.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/trump-denies-telling-army-widow-knew-signed-article-1.3571173

Trump 'did disrespect my son and my daughter,' soldier's mom says

BY  TERENCE CULLEN 

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Updated: Wednesday, October 18, 2017, 11:10 AM

President Trump flatly denied a Florida congresswoman’s claim he was sarcastic with the widow of an Army sergeant killed in Niger.

“Democrat Congresswoman totally fabricated what I said to the wife of a soldier who died in action (and I have proof). Sad!” the commander-in-chief tweeted Wednesday morning.

The tweet came minutes after Rep. Frederica Wilson (D-Fla.) appeared on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” to discuss his phone call with the widow of Sgt. LaDavid Johnson, who was killed in Niger on Oct. 3.

Trump called Johnson’s widow, Myeshia, Tuesday — and Wilson claimed Trump told her “he knew what he signed up for...but when it happens it hurts anyway.”

What’s worse, Wilson added, Trump forgot Johnson’s name during the call.

“She was in tears,” Wilson, who represents parts of northern Miami, told the show. “She was in tears and she said he didn't even remember his name!”

Wilson later told CNN she wasn’t sure what proof Trump might have — as stated in his tweets.

“I’m not the only person that was in the car,” Wilson told the network. “This man is a sick man.”

The lawmaker, who said she knew Johnson since he was a child, added she wanted to hop on the phone and yell at the commander-in-chief.

“You know what, I think I was going to curse him out,” Wilson said.

The call came as Johnson’s family was en route to Miami International Airport, where his body arrived in a flag-draped casket.

Cowanda Jones-Johnson, the soldier’s mother, told the Washington Post on Wednesday she was in the car during the call and that Wilson’s account was accurate.

“President Trump did disrespect my son and my daughter and also me and my husband,” she told the newspaper via Facebook Messenger. She declined to give further details. 

The flare up comes as Trump faced criticism he didn’t reach out to the soldiers’ families soon enough.

Instead, Trump pointed to the death of Marine Lt. Robert Kelly, son of White House Chief of Staff John Kelly, who died while fighting in Afghanistan in 2010.

Trump, speaking Tuesday with Fox News Radio, suggested that President Obama hadn't called Kelly, then a Marine general.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, StrawberryBounce12 said:

Trump is such a stupid, racist asshole. 

Asshole is definitely the 1st word that came to my mind. And racist was very very close behind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another shooting happened today in Maryland.  3 dead, 2 injured.  Not enough victims for people to really care this time.  More focused on Trump telling the widow of a fallen soldier that her husband "knew what he signed up for".  Can we please hang this man?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a rock bottom for Trump? 

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/dad-slain-soldier-hasn-heard-w-h-calls-trump-liar-article-1.3572381

Dad of slain soldier hasn’t heard from W.H., calls Trump 'a liar'

BY  NANCY DILLON 

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Wednesday, October 18, 2017, 5:41 PM

IMG_4035

The Brooklyn dad of a soldier killed in Iraq two months ago blasted President Trump as a cold-hearted con artist.

Uvince Brooks, 58, said his family hasn’t received a call or a condolence letter from the White House since 30-year-old Army Sgt. Roshain Brooks lost his life Aug. 13 to an artillery blast.

“He’s a liar. He’s lying. He didn’t contact us,” the distraught dad said of Trump's claims this week he has personally called all the military families who lost soldiers on his watch.

“Nobody from the White House cares about my family and our grief. If they cared, they would say something to us,” the Canarsie handyman originally from Jamaica said.

First reached by the Daily News in August, Brooks initially declined to comment on whether any White House officials attended his son’s dignified transfer at Dover Air Force Base.

Brooks said Trump’s boastful comments this week and reports he “disrespected” relatives of slain Army Sgt. La David Johnson during a call on Tuesday filled him with fury.

“I’m so upset, so upset with that guy telling so much lies. I’m so distraught by those words he said,” Brooks told The News. “He’s a damn disgrace to the White House. I've been here for 17 years. Presidents George Bush and Obama, none of them behaved like this guy. This guy is a damn lunatic.”

The grieving dad said he wished he could offer comfort to Sgt. Johnson’s pregnant widow, Myeshia Johnson, who was photographed crying over her husband’s flag-draped casket on Tuesday.

“We grieve with her,” Brooks said. “I pray for her just like I pray for myself.”

According to Democratic Congresswoman Frederica Wilson of Florida, Trump called Myeshia Johnson Tuesday and said her husband “knew what he signed up for.”

President Trump called the account “fabricated” in a Twitter post, but La David Johnson's mother, Cowanda Jones-Johnson, told The Associated Press that Rep. Wilson’s account was correct.

“When I listen to what the President is saying, I want to fight,” Brooks told The News.

He said the profound pain relatives experience when they lose a loved one in combat deserves more sensitivity and respect. Even after nearly 10 weeks, he and his wife still have trouble getting through each day, he said.

“We can’t sleep at night. My wife can’t sleep, and I have to stay up with her. So to hear (Trump) coming out, lying like that, it makes it even worse,” he said.

Brooks recalled his son as a dedicated soldier who loved his country. The son completed a prior tour in Afghanistan in 2014.

“From the day that guy was born, he was a hero to me. He was my first born, my right eye. He was everything to me,” the proud father said. “He’s a hero. We did a lot of things together. Losing him was almost like losing myself.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This whole conversation regarding the deceased soldier is just appalling. On both sides. Absolutely nothing is sacred or off limits when it comes to politics anymore and it's truly tragic. 

If another 9/11 type attack occurred, instead of uniting in the fashion that we did in the days after, we'd probably end up eating our own and turn our country into some post apocalyptic nightmare ala The Walking Dead. 

I hate everything that Trump's turned out country into. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

This whole conversation regarding the deceased soldier is just appalling. On both sides. Absolutely nothing is sacred or off limits when it comes to politics anymore and it's truly tragic. 

If another 9/11 type attack occurred, instead of uniting in the fashion that we did in the days after, we'd probably end up eating our own and turn our country into some post apocalyptic nightmare ala The Walking Dead. 

I hate everything that Trump's turned out country into. 

 Very true. Everything he does is so bait at this point and people keep falling into his trap. This man is despicable but taking a stand against him means play the game on completely different rules. Americans need to smart up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The White House
Office of the Press Secretary
For Immediate Release
October 20, 2017

Presidential Executive Order Amending Executive Order 13223

EXECUTIVE ORDER

- - - - - - -

AMENDING EXECUTIVE ORDER 13223

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1601 et seq.), and in furtherance of the objectives of Proclamation 7463 of September 14, 2001 (Declaration of National Emergency by Reason of Certain Terrorist Attacks), which declared a national emergency by reason of the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, in New York and Pennsylvania and against the Pentagon, and the continuing and immediate threat of further attacks on the United States, and in order to provide the Secretary of Defense additional authority to manage personnel requirements in a manner consistent with the authorization provided in Executive Order 13223 of September 14, 2001 (Ordering the Ready Reserve of the Armed Forces to Active Duty and Delegating Certain Authorities to the Secretary of Defense and the Secretary of Transportation), it is hereby ordered as follows:

Section 1. Amendment to Executive Order 13223. Section 1 of Executive Order 13223 is amended by adding at the end: "The authorities available for use during a national emergency under sections 688 and 690 of title 10, United States Code, are also invoked and made available, according to their terms, to the Secretary concerned, subject in the case of the Secretaries of the Army, Navy, and Air Force, to the direction of the Secretary of Defense."

Sec. 2. General Provisions. (a) Nothing in this order shall be construed to impair or otherwise affect:

the authority granted by law to an executive department or agency, or the head thereof; or

(ii) the functions of the Director of the Office of Management and Budget relating to budgetary, administrative, or legislative proposals.

(b) This order shall be implemented consistent with applicable law and subject to the availability of appropriations.

(c) This order is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.

DONALD J. TRUMP

THE WHITE HOUSE,

October 20, 2017.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/10/20/presidential-executive-order-amending-executive-order-13223

War is coming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still have no idea how he won. Definitely because of the electrical college and russians playing a huge role but oh well. But yeah, I have no idea what the fuck his fans/former fans were thinking at the time they thought it was a good idea to vote for this orange orangutan.

 I'm more interested in the why people actually thought that Trump could make america great?

What made them think that the guy who got his fortune from his father, who failed with every buisness he tried to create himself, who sees woman as nothing more then objects all his life, who sees minoritys as cheap workers, who makes fun of the lgbt community and disabled, who rubs shoulders with the rich and powerful...and corrupt, who never cared for the middle or lower class...what made people think he is the guy that "drains the swamp" and helps them?

I mean he is the same guy he was before the election, he didnt suddenly become a saint that takes from the rich and gives to the poor.

He was always Donald Trump, the guy who used poorer people as stepping stones.

Interesting that Sanders is to run as an independent in 2018 Senate race despite pressure to join Dems 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with everything Mr. Flake said in that speech, but where the fuck was it a year ago today? Two years ago today? Where were these republicans who KNEW DAMN WELL what we were getting with that buffoon? 

It's easy to say 'I told you so' after the fact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

I agree with everything Mr. Flake said in that speech, but where the fuck was it a year ago today? Two years ago today? Where were these republicans who KNEW DAMN WELL what we were getting with that buffoon? 

It's easy to say 'I told you so' after the fact.

Exactly.  He spoke beautifully but it is all too late. He is now retiring and not enough of the Republicans have dared to challenge that creature that is President.  Even worse, the Democrats seem to be doing nothing either and they are his opponents. 

Every single day we read about Trump's childish tweets, damaging and unfair policies,  his dreadful behaviour that would not be accepted in Primary school and nothing is done.  It is getting to the point where it will be considered "the new normal" and people won't hardly blink an eye.  Where are the political rebels and fighters ? Bernie Sanders continually speaks out and offers alternatives but there needs to be much more done by others too.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

I agree with everything Mr. Flake said in that speech, but where the fuck was it a year ago today? Two years ago today? Where were these republicans who KNEW DAMN WELL what we were getting with that buffoon? 

It's easy to say 'I told you so' after the fact.

They only care about what's right once they're out of office. Since he's going to retire, NOW he's open about it. 

And now people are calling him a hero for saying something as basic as what he said :blink::lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Republican congressmen all know Trump is a constant disaster to the country and their party but those up for reelection won't dare say anything negative about Trump. When Trump fucks up much more (and he certainly will), they'll still stay quiet. :newspaper:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×