MadonnaNation.com Forums
Hector

Trump / US politics thread 🚽

5 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

He's trolling Trump HARD

mc.JPG

:clap:   Love him for this. 

Capitalism is destroying our planet smh :cries:

Just listened to Trump's speech about why he pulled out of the agreement.  Has to be one of the worst speeches ever by a mile.   He could not care less about the environment but spends the whole time whining about how badly the United States is treated. :wacko: The speech was amateurish, infuriating, incorrect and spent more time talking about America's economy.  All of this garbage about the world not putting America first.  I feel sorry for the American public that hate Trump.  Having him represent them would be like constantly having someone dragging their fingernails over a blackboard in front of them.  Also, as if Trump cares about "workers rights"  as he again brings up.  He under-paid workers for years.  

Washington, California, New York band together to form climate alliance

By 

In the wake of President Donald Trump's announcement he will pull the U.S. out of the Paris climate agreement, the governors of California, Washington and New York have agreed to form an alliance aimed at meeting the U.S. climate goals.

The new coalition, called the United States Climate Alliance, will serve as a way for states interested in dealing with climate change to coordinate, according to a press release. The three states make up about a fifth of U.S. population and GDP. They also produced 11 percent of U.S. emissions in 2014, according to the Energy Information Administration.

"If the President is going to be AWOL in this profoundly important human endeavor, then California and other states will step up," Gov. Jerry Brown said in a statement.

Climate warriors have turned their attention to states, cities and businesses to take up carbon reduction slack where the federal government has left off.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/01/climate-alliance-washington-california-new-york-239038

3 minutes ago, LSD said:

Washington, California, New York band together to form climate alliance

By 

In the wake of President Donald Trump's announcement he will pull the U.S. out of the Paris climate agreement, the governors of California, Washington and New York have agreed to form an alliance aimed at meeting the U.S. climate goals.

The new coalition, called the United States Climate Alliance, will serve as a way for states interested in dealing with climate change to coordinate, according to a press release. The three states make up about a fifth of U.S. population and GDP. They also produced 11 percent of U.S. emissions in 2014, according to the Energy Information Administration.

"If the President is going to be AWOL in this profoundly important human endeavor, then California and other states will step up," Gov. Jerry Brown said in a statement.

Climate warriors have turned their attention to states, cities and businesses to take up carbon reduction slack where the federal government has left off.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/01/climate-alliance-washington-california-new-york-239038

:clap:  Trump removing America from the Paris Accord could be a blessing in disguise in the long run.  It may be the straw that breaks the camel's back so to speak when it comes to this administration and get people united to fight against Trump on an issue.  Americans should demand better than Trump and the damage he is doing to them. 

57 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

:clap:  Trump removing America from the Paris Accord could be a blessing in disguise in the long run.  It may be the straw that breaks the camel's back so to speak when it comes to this administration and get people united to fight against Trump on an issue.  Americans should demand better than Trump and the damage he is doing to them. 

Would be nice but when Trump's entire cult base thinks climate change is a hoax I don't see that happening.  Something needs to wake his base the hell up but they are so brainwashed I have no clue what it would take.

Hate to say it but a man loaded with guns who was a veteran who wanted to go after Trump was caught outside the white house the other day and all I could think in his mission being thwarted was "Damn!".  

13 minutes ago, Hector said:

Fuck this useless bitch

She is like a useless Stepford wife.  Talks about supporting LGBTQ friends, talks about women's right and talks about environmental causes but the whole time is a smiling giggling member of her father's team who makes dreadful decisions regarding these issues. .  I love Jane Goodall's response to being quoted in her useless women who work book. 

Jane Goodall responds to being quoted in Ivanka Trump's book 'Women Who Work'

Jane Goodall, the anthropologist and chimpanzee expert known for her advocacy of conservation and animal welfare, responded to being quoted in Ivanka Trump's new book, the Washington Post reports.

Trump included a quote from Goodall in her recently released “Women Who Work: Rewriting the Rules for Success.” It reads, “What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.”

“I understand that Ms. Trump has used one of my quotes in her forthcoming book,” Goodall told the Post. “I was not aware of this, and have not spoken with her, but I sincerely hope she will take the full import of my words to heart.”

Goodall said that environmental legislation has been “jeopardized” by the Trump administration.

“I hope that Ms. Trump will stand with us to value and cherish our natural world and protect this planet for future generations,” she added.

Goodall had previously made an unflattering comparison between President Trump and a chimpanzee.

“In many ways the performances of Donald Trump remind me of male chimpanzees and their dominance rituals,” she told the Atlantic last October. “In order to impress rivals, males seeking to rise in the dominance hierarchy perform spectacular displays: stamping, slapping the ground, dragging branches, throwing rocks. The more vigorous and imaginative the display, the faster the individual is likely to rise in the hierarchy, and the longer he is likely to maintain that position.”

This isn't the first time someone quoted in Trump's book has responded to being included. On Tuesday, Reshma Saujani, founder of the nonprofit Girls Who Code, tweeted at Trump after she learned there was a passage about her in the book.

The tweet read ".@ivankatrump don't use my story in #WomenWhoWork unless you are going to stop being #complicit #askivanka."

5 hours ago, Skin said:

Would be nice but when Trump's entire cult base thinks climate change is a hoax I don't see that happening.  Something needs to wake his base the hell up but they are so brainwashed I have no clue what it would take.

I know.  The people I work with who are into outrageous conspiracy theories such as "Obama had a secret weather machine and created Hurricane Katrina"  etc,  adore Trump.   It is outrageous. 

42 minutes ago, Hector said:

Fuck this useless bitch

Then why does your daddy surround himself with the staunchest anti-LGBT administration in years, let alone his rise to victory on the staunchest anti-LGBT party platform the GOP has ever had. And then there's Mike Pence (and his demographic) that daddy used to ride to victory. And his Supreme Court pick. And daddy's disastrious health-care "policy" (if you can even call it that) that will devastate LGBT peoples...

35 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

I know.  The people I work with who are into outrageous conspiracy theories such as "Obama had a secret weather machine and created Hurricane Katrina"  etc,  adore Trump.   It is outrageous. 

Of course they love him, because Trump is a conspiracy theorist himself. That's why he surrounds himself with Alex Jones and the like. A major core of his base is conspiracy theorists. One of the angles that doesn't really get enough analysis in the media...but ultimately is one of the things that makes him, and his cult followers, so incredibly dangerous to all of us. He and his ilk literally live in a different reality.

Worst western leader since adolf hitler.

The world is looking is at the people of America right now,

And we need more that tweets...get that clown OUT.

NOW.

Kathy Griffin did it right! He, who is constantly pointing the middle finger to the whole world deserves to be treated like this. Sorry, no regrets. I really wonder if he will stay in Berlin for the G20 summit. We will give him hell.

5 hours ago, acko said:

Worst western leader since adolf hitler.

The world is looking is at the people of America right now,

And we need more that tweets...get that clown OUT.

NOW.

Send help on that one!!!!  Trust the majority of this country welcomes that moment.