Trump / US politics thread šŸš½

1 hour ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Finally some loong overdue needed f'king victories after a year of 24/7 culture of white trash, hateful, nazi-esque sewage and loss after loss (even if they were special elections in super red states). The irony is it's almost exactly a year after the worst day basically since 9/11 (11/9/16). Don't care what most of these pundits sayĀ this was *positively anĀ F U to Trump. Nuttin more/less.

Northam seems nice but nothing special at all. Bland/meh but still 10x and better than theĀ other dude or ANY GOP so of course it's great he won. Suppose his demeanor is perfect for VA though. Yes, it's bright purple,'basically' blue but not 100% yet outside of the Northern VA. It's one of those states very similar to PA and a few others. Outside of Philly and Pittsburgh, basically Alabama-esque toothless white trash.

Like others are saying unless Trump is smoked, removed, or collapses/dies naturally etc..if the Dems nominate someone like McCaulife (now former VA gov.) who is DEF gonna run and buds with the Clintons (along with many, many others linked to the toxic Clinton name) very likely Trump wins. 2016 all over again. You'll get 2 or 3 independents who will split the vote. The Dem. nominee has to be a fresh, younger-ish ROCK star w/ NO Clinton connections who can KO Trump during the primaries and debates etc...

Trump is NOT losing around 30-35% of the country. His loons areĀ a demented, insane cult. He could destroy all their lives economically, health care etc...they DON'T care. Trump ain't a Bush, Nixon etc.Ā All primitive and personality deep connectionĀ w/ his racist far white wing sheep.Ā 

For sure, Northam was a moderateĀ but the Bernie crowd's fave (Tom Perriello)Ā did not win that governor primary. And I hate to say this, but if the progressive wingĀ can't even take control of the ridiculously disorganized DNC (Bernie supporter Keith Ellison lost to Clintonesque/centrist Democrat Tom Perez a few months back), then the progressive wing isn't going to be calling the shots in 2020.

The only Clinton-aligned (or centrist) Democrats who I can think of that might run in 2020 are Corey Booker, Andrew Cuomo,Ā Terry McAuliffe, orĀ Kirsten Gillibrand. I'd count Joe Biden, but I don't think he's running. They're all business-friendly moderates.

Bernie will probably run, but he's has already been out maneuvered: California moved up its primary date in 2020 which means a (likely) moderate Democrat would take the majority of its delegates. It's easy for scrappy up-and-comers to take the small caucus states but California is a behemoth. Even Bernie couldn't beat Clinton there 6 months into the primary and with a huge donor base. California is expensive, diverse, and huge. That's why Clinton won it twice (in the 2008 primary and again in 2016). If someone picks up the early states and gets California, it will be nearly impossible to catch up. I think the Democratic party did this on purpose to discourage Bernie or those like him from infiltratingĀ their party's primary.

All that said, I don't necessarily disagree with you. Although I am not sure Trump will finish out his term, Mike Pence is just as deadly (but not as erratic or unfocused). He could win in 2020 unless the Democrats nominate someone who is a true contrast.Ā 

Ā 

11 hours ago, Nightshade said:

For sure, Northam was a moderateĀ but the Bernie crowd's fave (Tom Perriello)Ā did not win that governor primary. And I hate to say this, but if the progressive wingĀ can't even take control of the ridiculously disorganized DNC (Bernie supporter Keith Ellison lost to Clintonesque/centrist Democrat Tom Perez a few months back), then the progressive wing isn't going to be calling the shots in 2020.

The only Clinton-aligned (or centrist) Democrats who I can think of that might run in 2020 are Corey Booker, Andrew Cuomo,Ā Terry McAuliffe, orĀ Kirsten Gillibrand. I'd count Joe Biden, but I don't think he's running. They're all business-friendly moderates.

Bernie will probably run, but he's has already been out maneuvered: California moved up its primary date in 2020 which means a (likely) moderate Democrat would take the majority of its delegates. It's easy for scrappy up-and-comers to take the small caucus states but California is a behemoth. Even Bernie couldn't beat Clinton there 6 months into the primary and with a huge donor base. California is expensive, diverse, and huge. That's why Clinton won it twice (in the 2008 primary and again in 2016). If someone picks up the early states and gets California, it will be nearly impossible to catch up. I think the Democratic party did this on purpose to discourage Bernie or those like him from infiltratingĀ their party's primary.

All that said, I don't necessarily disagree with you. Although I am not sure Trump will finish out his term, Mike Pence is just as deadly (but not as erratic or unfocused). He could win in 2020 unless the Democrats nominate someone who is a true contrast.Ā 

Ā 

As much as I dislike Clinton I still think Bernie/Elizabeth Warren areĀ even MORE trouble and less electable. Yes, they'd do well in some states like in 2016 but no way would it work in a general election. Some if not many of Bernie's policies I agree with but don't care for him, his style etc..Just WAY too off the deep end left. The rejection of Trump last night is due to him going off the deep end far right. This is a center left/right country (depending on the state). I still say Bernie wouldn't have done better than Hillary last year. He would NOT have gotten the minorities, older people, centrists etc...I'd absolutely vote for someone like McCualife and the like even w/ his major ties to Clinton. Whenever he talks he laser focuses on the *economy, healthcare etc..and NOT divisive issues (like Warren and others would do). I just think Hillarys name is a weapon now and as toxic as Trump, Pelosi, McConnell etc...ANYone but a Trump like Republican I'd consider if they were socially moderate. Unfortunately there's next to basically no more 'moderate' Repubs anymore. They've been hijacked by the far right.Ā 

One year ago today.Ā :sour:Ā What a horrible, dark night that was! His presidency has playedĀ out worse than I dreaded. "Give him a chance" some people said. Fuck off!

Ā 

4 minutes ago, Hector said:

They all look so sleazy,Ā deranged, and very constipated.Ā 

Ā 

Election Night '16 was his peak in life and it's beenĀ a year full of shambolic failure since.Ā Like a high school football star who keeps a case full ofĀ trophiesĀ and spends lots of time polishing them and shows them to anyone who visits his house, it's all he'll ever have.Ā That's why he's still campaigning against Hillary Clinton on a near-daily basis as well. Living in the past for as long as he canĀ before he finally croaks because of allĀ the McDonald's and KFC.

2 hours ago, LSD said:

Election Night '16 was his peak in life and it's beenĀ a year full of shambolic failure since.Ā Like a high school football star who keeps a case full ofĀ trophiesĀ and spends lots of time polishing them and shows them to anyone who visits his house, it's all he'll ever have.Ā That's why he's still campaigning against Hillary Clinton on a near-daily basis as well. Living in the past for as long as he canĀ before he finally croaks because of allĀ the McDonald's and KFC.

Male version of Mariah and her #1 'celebratory' cakes. Two bloated, obsessive, crazedĀ man/womanĀ child pigs.Ā 

Guest CzarnaWisnia
21 hours ago, Nightshade said:

Ā 

FYI:

Favorable views of the Democratic Party have dropped to their lowest mark in more than a quarter century of polling, ... Only 37% of Americans have a favorable opinion of Democrats, down from 44% in March of this year. A majority, 54%, have an unfavorable view, matching their highest mark in polls from CNN and SSRS, CNN/ORC and CNN/USA Today/Gallup stretching back to 1992.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/07/politics/cnn-poll-republicans-democrats-taxes/index.html

And:

Bernie Sanders is the most popular politician in America, poll finds

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/bernie-sanders-most-popular-politician-poll-trump-favorability-a7913306.html

Ā 

I hope he runs again...

Guest CzarnaWisnia
9 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

As much as I dislike Clinton I still think Bernie/Elizabeth Warren areĀ even MORE trouble and less electable. Yes, they'd do well in some states like in 2016 but no way would it work in a general election. Some if not many of Bernie's policies I agree with but don't care for him, his style etc..Just WAY too off the deep end left. The rejection of Trump last night is due to him going off the deep end far right. This is a center left/right country (depending on the state). I still say Bernie wouldn't have done better than Hillary last year. He would NOT have gotten the minorities, older people, centrists etc...I'd absolutely vote for someone like McCualife and the like even w/ his major ties to Clinton.Ā 

Maybe so but I think most people can see Sanders' trustworthy and consistent character (unlike Clinton), which is incredibly important, plus the general population is in favor of his ideas.

Just from an outsider's view, I think the Democrats need to go with progressive candidates. Ā Bernie Sanders is still the loudest voice of opposition to Trump and hasĀ Ā clear alternative policies to him. Ā He cares about issues.Ā Need more like him not business people who don't take on the causes that matter to the average person.Ā The worldĀ is full of ultra conservative governments and the last thing people need is politicians that are too afraid to embrace what they are supposed to stand for. Ā 

Guest CzarnaWisnia

Exactly. Actual belief in one's principles and ideas goes a long way. Obama had already exposed Clinton's doubletalk during the 2008 primaries. The recent wins for the Dems stem from grassroots liberal efforts, and the party has to get its head around that they can't just take for granted that they'll win, push away criticism and live in a bubble like the top-down approach which failed them. It has to be the other way around.

In this video, at 1:16, you can see why the party is as it is now:

Ā 

1 hour ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

FYI:

Favorable views of the Democratic Party have dropped to their lowest mark in more than a quarter century of polling, ... Only 37% of Americans have a favorable opinion of Democrats, down from 44% in March of this year. A majority, 54%, have an unfavorable view, matching their highest mark in polls from CNN and SSRS, CNN/ORC and CNN/USA Today/Gallup stretching back to 1992.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/07/politics/cnn-poll-republicans-democrats-taxes/index.html

And:

Bernie Sanders is the most popular politician in America, poll finds

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/bernie-sanders-most-popular-politician-poll-trump-favorability-a7913306.html

Ā 

I hope he runs again...

Ā 

Hillary had sky high approval ratings after serving as Sec. of State. Look what happened. No one even turned the dogs on Bernie yet. The Clinton campaign didn't even try to dredge up dirt on him and believe me, there is some...Bernie release like 1 year of tax returns. For the King of Non-Corruption, he certainly wasn't forthcoming with info about himself. I also don't have much respect for a candidate who did ZERO to raise money for other Democratic candidates down ticket. Nope, he was in and out of the Democratic Party when his lost opportunity was over. I would've had more respect if he had run as an independent.

All that said, if he did run as Democrat and won in the 2020 primary, I'd still vote for him. Anything to get this LOON out of office. But make no mistake, Bernie is just another politician. There is nothing magical about him. There is nothing pure or unadulterated about ANYONE who craves that much power. The nature of wanting power corrupts even the best hearts.

On 11/8/2017 at 8:10 PM, Hector said:

They all look so sleazy,Ā deranged, and very constipated.Ā 

Ā 

If you calling losing the popular vote by 3 million a landslide......

Ā 

And I am sorry but I am so sick of the far left and their progressive purity test where if you don't check every box you will be banished.Ā  People on our side love to eat our own and I am over it.Ā  Corey Booker if you ask me is a real plausible candidate but the far left has already trashed him to no end because he took money from big pharma in his past.Ā  *Eye roll*.Ā  So let's simply chomp off our nose to spite our face and have 4 more years of Trump right?

Wake up and see the larger picture people.Ā  Trump and the Republican party is tooooo dangerous at this point in time for everyone against them to not stick together no matter what to throw their asses out of office.

Who is he to speak in such manner when he is the one equipped with a mammoth ass? Somewhere between McJong's layers of deep McFat and Cheeto's colossal ego I can see the beginning of a beautiful friendship, oh fuck yeah.... as if...

Why is he still tweeting utter offensive non-sense likely to cause WW3 any day now?

Ā 

On 08/11/2017 at 5:54 AM, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Finally some loong overdue needed f'king victories after a year of 24/7 culture of white trash, hateful, nazi-esque sewage and loss after loss (even if they were special elections in super red states). The irony is it's almost exactly a year after the worst day basically since 9/11 (11/9/16). Don't care what most of these pundits sayĀ this was *positively anĀ F U to Trump. Nuttin more/less.

Northam seems nice but nothing special at all. Bland/meh but still 10x and better than theĀ other dude or ANY GOP so of course it's great he won. Suppose his demeanor is perfect for VA though. Yes, it's bright purple,'basically' blue but not 100% yet outside of the Northern VA. It's one of those states very similar to PA and a few others. Outside of Philly and Pittsburgh, basically Alabama-esque toothless white trash.

Like others are saying unless Trump is smoked, removed, or collapses/dies naturally etc..if the Dems nominate someone like McCaulife (now former VA gov.) who is DEF gonna run and buds with the Clintons (along with many, many others linked to the toxic Clinton name) very likely Trump wins. 2016 all over again. You'll get 2 or 3 independents who will split the vote. The Dem. nominee has to be a fresh, younger-ish ROCK star w/ NO Clinton connections who can KO Trump during the primaries and debates etc...

Trump is NOT losing around 30-35% of the country. His loons areĀ a demented, insane cult. He could destroy all their lives economically, health care etc...they DON'T care. Trump ain't a Bush, Nixon etc.Ā All primitive and personality deep connectionĀ w/ his racist far white wing sheep.Ā 

I'm guessing you were a Sanders supporter? He and Warren were the most fitting candidates but politicians with progressive thinking tend to getĀ the short end of the stick

Agreed about Trump supporters being demented cult members obsessed. A bunch of highly volatile caricaturesĀ obsessed withĀ "men's right movements"