Trump / US politics thread 🚽

Great theater. Quite frankly, Scaramucci was clearly hired to get rid of Spicer and Priebus by making their work life at the White House miserable so they step down at some point. And he succeeded. Both are gone. Of course, no one will admit it. But so many things doesn't make any sense. Especially the very erratic behavior of Scaramucci. It was basically a parody. All this "I love the guy so much" considering Scaramucci had hardly anything good to say about Trump in the past. In retrospect the foul mouthed interview looks kinda different now. I would like to believe many things said, were way too extreme for someone in that position. I would like to believe the whole reason of this interview was simply to create a reason for his "firing". Now they can all say how appalled they are. Well, it took them just a few days.

It is like a bad reality show that deliberately hires dysfunctional, stupid  heartless idiots. Scary as it is very real, involves the future of people and these revolting nutters are having too much say and power.  Some are useful idiots as well to divert attention from real issues. 

I love how his fans (at this point they're his fans, not his supporters) defend EVERYTHING that he does. The left with their Obama and Hillary Clinton ass kissing, excuses and denial was nothing compared to this nonsense. 

I was flipping through the news last night and I landed on Fox. It's like a car crash, sometimes you just can't look away. It was that deplorable show, the Five. And that horror of a human being, Jesse Waters said with a straight face that Trump never mocked a disabled reporter. That he ALWAYS talks like that. 

That's the kind of supporters he has. That's 30% of this country. There is definitive proof of this man mocking someone who's disabled, and his surrogates and supporters just change the subject, turn the other cheek, and simply pretend it's 'fake news'. Now, I know every president has their defenders and that it's basically the job of the party to go on TV and spin, spin, spin. But this is unprecedented. 

He will NOT be impeached. I've come to that conclusion. No matter what. That 30% won't budge a bit. It's going to take a democratic controlled congress to even come close to impeaching him. And I'm truly starting to wonder if the republicans are going to be so fed up by then, that they just throw the elections to the dems in 2018. Just to rid themselves of this stain on their party. The cracks are already beginning to show. 

Not enough people are choosing to remember John Kasich ain't the VP here. Trump goes we get fucking Pence who is separate but equal total shit. I loathe him equally as much as Trump...actually maybe a bit more. Pence unlike Trump is VERY well aware of what he's doing and will need to do. He's an ice queen and would be more dangerous because of his cunning 'calm demeanor' which would fool a LOT of people. Look how many dumb-asses were duped by Trump. Pence is as off the chart bat shit crazy far right as you get. Aside from Cruz ANY of the 25 other stooges on that stage last year would've been at least bearable for a few years. Unless they end finding something mega crazy where Pence was involved, doubt he won't eventually be President. He is Paul Ryan's. McConell etc.. wet dream guy. US is fucked for at least 3.5 years  :/ In a way  I hope the Dems or whoever are saving the worst for summer 2018/ right before the midterms. Long as the Dems get Senate power, they could cork Pence up vs having total power. 

1 hour ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Not enough people are choosing to remember John Kasich ain't the VP here. Trump goes we get fucking Pence who is separate but equal total shit. I loathe him equally as much as Trump...actually maybe a bit more. Pence unlike Trump is VERY well aware of what he's doing and will need to do. He's an ice queen and would be more dangerous because of his cunning 'calm demeanor' which would fool a LOT of people. Look how many dumb-asses were duped by Trump. Pence is as off the chart bat shit crazy far right as you get. Aside from Cruz ANY of the 25 other stooges on that stage last year would've been at least bearable for a few years. Unless they end finding something mega crazy where Pence was involved, doubt he won't eventually be President. He is Paul Ryan's. McConell etc.. wet dream guy. US is fucked for at least 3.5 years  :/ In a way  I hope the Dems or whoever are saving the worst for summer 2018/ right before the midterms. Long as the Dems get Senate power, they could cork Pence up vs having total power. 

Without naming the gays, how is Pence worse than Trump?

And tell me 1 thing the Democrats have done since Trump took power that shows Americans they learned a lesson?

^ agree that the Dems basically have NO one with any noteworthy buzz or message. Their 'leaders' are still dinosaurs (Biden, Sanders) This entire year has basically been like the 2016 campaign season. One daily disaster after another with Trump while the Dems (Hillary last year) think that's enough to easily win. A year from now if they don't have anyone unique, youthful, fresh with a message not a lame slogan (that means NO Cory Bookers, Gillabrands etc etc...) it's same old same old Hillary/2016 losing stale shit all over again. Whether or not Trump is even around in 2019/2020 the Republicans actually have way more younger rising stars who have the it factor (Ben Sasse). 

If the American people were smart they would vote for a pile of shit over Trump at this point instead of nitpicking on people like Corey Booker and other Dems that don't check every damn box on the far left liberal purist test.  So over that bullshit.  If it were up to them we would have a hack like Jill Stein  running.  It's that kind of whining that gave us Trump in the first place.

Let's face it if they had another presidential election now in the US Americans would vote for Trump again. I'm starting to have no doubts about that. It's just the state of the world. Yes there are still decent people out there; people who want to change a corrupted system and build a society where equality, acceptance and unity is at its core but sadly most people don't believe in those things anymore and Trump who certainly represents all that is wrong in society has become the poster boy for all those people who are fed up with being politically correct and want to fuck it all up. We see it everyday; violence and abuse against immigrants or Muslims on a regular basic just shows how deranged people have become.

Fact that we didn't see a massive big revolt of any kind when Trump announced the trans ban in the military is a statement of how much apathy is going on in the US. The Women March was a very good start but then what?  Nothing.  If anything it only served for a way to condemn the likes of Madonna for taking part of it. They didn't focus on seeing how many people actually  joined the event. Or as an opposition campaign. In the end Americans dismissed it as just another publicity stunt from liberal celebrities. We all saw the results with the Katy Griffins treatment. 

The media has been exposing Trumps clear inability to lead, his dodgey connections with Russia, his eagerness to always listen to the likes of racist, bigoted Bannon and of course his vile conduct as a human being but nothing, absolutely nothing has been done. Americans just put up with it and they just let him be. Maybe they even think he's funny and entertaining as a reality tv show.

Trump is still in power because the people who wanted him to be in power they still want him to be in power if you know what I mean... Americans did and are still doing absolutely nothing to get rid of him. They're complicit to whatever he wants to do. I'm starting to believe that maybe most Americans have no heart. Then again this is just not a US problem... the evil mentality is pretty much rampant all over the globe lately. And Trump is the rightful leader of it. 

Pence IS NOT worse than Trump.

Not even close.

Pence is a conservative. Nothing more, nothing less. Yes, his stance on gay rights is abominable, as are his stances on abortion rights, but for better or for worse, he's disciplined, principled, and by FAR has better temperament to be president. I don't agree with him on ANYTHING. But I'd rather have intelligent debates on POLICY and not some dumbed down fucking Tweet from the current asshole that sits in the Oval Office. 

As for the Dems, I don't buy that they need some SUPERSTAR Obama like candidate to beat Trump in 2020. I thought that a few months into his presidency, but I don't buy it any more. Hillary BARELY lost last year. And the reason she DID lose wasn't because of Trump, it was because of Hillary. The 3 states she needed to put her over the edge, PA, MI, WI, were only lost by like 80,000 votes. And you better believe those 80,000 won't sit home in 2020. If she had just modicum of the Obama coalition show up for her, she would've won. 

No matter WHO Dems put up in 2020, they won't be NEARLY as polarizing as she was. 

3 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

Not even close.

Pence is a conservative. Nothing more, nothing less. Yes, his stance on gay rights is abominable, as are his stances on abortion rights, but for better or for worse, he's disciplined, principled, and by FAR has better temperament to be president. I don't agree with him on ANYTHING. But I'd rather have intelligent debates on POLICY and not some dumbed down fucking Tweet from the current asshole that sits in the Oval Office. 

As for the Dems, I don't buy that they need some SUPERSTAR Obama like candidate to beat Trump in 2020. I thought that a few months into his presidency, but I don't buy it any more. Hillary BARELY lost last year. And the reason she DID lose wasn't because of Trump, it was because of Hillary. The 3 states she needed to put her over the edge, PA, MI, WI, were only lost by like 80,000 votes. And you better believe those 80,000 won't sit home in 2020. If she had just modicum of the Obama coalition show up for her, she would've won. 

No matter WHO Dems put up in 2020, they won't be NEARLY as polarizing as she was. 

I think the real problem is that people don't respond to liberal ideals anymore. Since democracy and freedom have been taken for granted for quite sometime people don't feel the need to fight for those ideals anymore; actually they'd rather see those freedoms being taken away from minority groups than move forward to a more compact and unified society. I agree with you that Pence is better than Trump but let's not believe for one second he doesn't have an hand in whatever Trumps doing. He might possibly be strategic here and let Trump run loose to the point of self destruction in order to take his place or he might actually very well agree with what he's doing. The problem with Pence is what if he's still going to push the same policies as Trump? Won't he be taken more seriously from the Republicans and even Senate because he's a true professional politician after all? 

3 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

Not even close.

I think Pence is very dangerous. He is far more intelligent and eloquent than Trump by a mile and would not make himself a crass bullying ego maniac but his religious conservative ultra right wing views are chilling. What frightens me is that people would be so grossed out and insulted by Trump that he would look good in comparison when in reality, his idelogy and views are dreadful. 

I'm not saying Pence isn't dangerous. He is. But most of what he would try to implement would be either watered down after it went thru congrats or reversed with a democratic successor.

Policy can overridden, reversed, tweaked and fixed. What Trump has done, and continues to do, to the Oval Office and this country cannot. 

The Pandora's Box of rage, xenophobia, racism, bigotry, sexism, and homophobia that he gleefully blew open  will not just simply go away after he's gone. And the absolute incompetence and reality-like television atmosphere Trump has brought into the White House has inflicted more damage upon this country's physche than can even be known right now. 

Every Trump employee is such a stupid clown 

Trump flack denies Statue of Liberty poem's actual meaning

BY  LEONARD GREENE 

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Wednesday, August 2, 2017, 4:46 PM

Give me your skilled, your self-sufficient, your English-speaking masses yearning to grow the American economy.

A White House aide and a CNN reporter argued during a nationally televised news briefing over the meaning of the Emma Lazarus poem at the foot of the Statue of Liberty.

After Senior Policy Adviser Stephen Miller suggested the poem's open-door sentiment was not the original message behind the statue, CNN's White House Correspondent, Jim Acosta — the son of Cuban immigrants — countered with a history lesson on the "huddled masses yearning to breathe free."

"That sounds like some national park revisionism," Acosta said. "The Statue of Liberty has always been a beacon of hope to the world for people to send their people to this country and they're not always going to speak English. They're not always going to be highly-skilled."

The briefing-room spat followed an announcement by President Trump embracing legislation that would cut legal immigration in the U.S. in half with a merit-based entry.

Trump backed a bill that would judge applicants based on their level of education, job skills and their ability to speak English.

"This competitive application process will favor applicants who can speak English, financially support themselves and their families and demonstrate skills that will contribute to our economy," Trump said.

Acosta, whose father fled Cuba for the U.S. three weeks before the Cuban Missile Crisis, pressed Miller on what he perceived was a change in what America stands for. He cited the "New Colossus" poem to make his point.

"Aren't you trying to change what it means to be an immigrant coming into this country if you're telling them you have to speak English," Acosta asked. "Can't people learn how to speak English when they get here?"

"The Statue of Liberty is a symbol of liberty lighting the world," Miller responded. "The poem that you are referring to was actually added later."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/02/politics/trump-approval-new-low-quinnipiac-poll/index.html

:dead::dead: 33 f'king %  

That said, wouldnt be surprised at all if this shit storm STILL wins again in 2020 (if he's still around/alive). :wacko:

9 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

I'm not saying Pence isn't dangerous. He is. But most of what he would try to implement would be either watered down after it went thru congrats or reversed with a democratic successor.

Policy can overridden, reversed, tweaked and fixed. What Trump has done, and continues to do, to the Oval Office and this country cannot. 

The Pandora's Box of rage, xenophobia, racism, bigotry, sexism, and homophobia that he gleefully blew open  will not just simply go away after he's gone. And the absolute incompetence and reality-like television atmosphere Trump has brought into the White House has inflicted more damage upon this country's physche than can even be known right now. 

Yes, I see exactly what you mean. Trump being president has made it seem acceptable to be racist, sexist,homophobic and feral.  His supporters are openly proud to be that way.  Very ugly side of people have been shown and embraced by this revolting man becoming president. 

10 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Trump being president has made it seem acceptable to be racist, sexist,homophobic and feral.  His supporters are openly proud to be that way.  Very ugly side of people have been shown and embraced by this revolting man becoming president. 

His supporters are in the minority. Trump won because he got extremely, supe duper lucky and somehow, by pure luck and to the shock and horror of the world, won the electoral college, not the popular vote, and ultimately the presidency. This has only happened like 3 times in U.S. History (Bush Jr. being one of those times). It was a horrible, HORRIBLE fluke made possible by the fact that the left is broken. Democrats no longer stand for anything. They stand for everything yet nothing at the same time. I seriously have no idea what it means anymore to be a Democrat anymore. They should've won the election by a landslide but no.  

And yes, Republicans are the fucking worst but at least we all know what Trump's message was: America First. It was brilliant marketing on his team's side. Clinton's message was "Trump is horrible; vote for me" and look, Lady Gaga and Katy Perry love me. 

10 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Yes, I see exactly what you mean. Trump being president has made it seem acceptable to be racist, sexist,homophobic and feral.  His supporters are openly proud to be that way.  Very ugly side of people have been shown and embraced by this revolting man becoming president. 

This.

The questions should be about how many are they? I dont think they're that many. I hope so anyway. Maybe they're just becoming stronger and louder. I just can't explain it... Certainly Trump didn't help. But to think so many Americans actually went to vote for him raises some questions. It's also true many Americans are completely apathic to all this and they go about their lives with not much concern and that plays a hand in all of that. Those people are to be held responsible. 

1 hour ago, ULIZOS said:

His supporters are in the minority. Trump won because he got extremely, supe duper lucky and somehow, by pure luck and to the shock and horror of the world, won the electoral college, not the popular vote, and ultimately the presidency. This has only happened like 3 times in U.S. History (Bush Jr. being one of those times). It was a horrible, HORRIBLE fluke made possible by the fact that the left is broken. Democrats no longer stand for anything. They stand for everything yet nothing at the same time. I seriously have no idea what it means anymore to be a Democrat anymore. They should've won the election by a landslide but no.  

And yes, Republicans are the fucking worst but at least we all know what Trump's message was: America First. It was brilliant marketing on his team's side. Clinton's message was "Trump is horrible; vote for me" and look, Lady Gaga and Katy Perry love me. 

that was the bigger problem than Trump! Simple as that. Awful candidate in '08. 100x worse in a year like 2016. Dems chose ignore endless warning signs for several months that it was unlike any other year in modern political history. Nope, they chose to stick with their tired cash cow because it was 'her turn' lol vs. what the country was pleading for.