Trump / US politics thread 🚽

He just deflects all the time like a spoilt child who is caught out. It is either "fake news" or he brings up Clinton or Obama. So pathetic, childish and shows his guilt as people who deflect continually are liars. 

19 hours ago, ULIZOS said:

The Democrats are basically bashing Trump and well, that's basically it. That's going to be their message next elections "we're not Trump" and everyone around here and everywhere else will be like OMGGGG WE LOST AGAIN AND IT'S EVERYONE'S FAULT BUT OURS :lmao:

Right. Exactly.

They're such a mess right now. They don't take an iota of responsibility for their losses. It's Russia. It's Hillary. It's Pelosi. It's Deplorables. 

No, it's you fuckers. It's your constant focus on identity politics, on race, on issues that marginalize the large swath of America that WANT to vote for Dems, but they can't look past the fact that there's a national party who BACKS a movement that blocks an expressway, with innocent people, to get a message across. Bullshit.

Democrats have literally given up on Unions, on the working class, on anyone and everyone who trudges through to make a living. And it shows in their electoral disaster. 

12 hours ago, Martin B. said:

Exactly. And they need to finally fight as hard and dirty as the opponent. They need to go for the jugular. the time of "if they go low, we go high" is over. The Democrats should watch the documentary "Get me Roger Stone" in order to understand that playing PC and graciously will not lead them anywhere.

Agree.  I love me some Michelle Obama but going high is not working.  Over Dems fighting back like pansies while Republicans fight as shameless and ruthless as they want.  That's why the outrage toward Kathy from Dems was so pathetic in my eyes.  She should have taken a dump on the foam head also if you ask me. 

Neil Gorsuch reveals his true anti-LGBTQ self

Donald Trump’s judge is doling out Mike Pence’s justice.

During the confirmation process for Neil Gorsuch, who currently occupies a seat on the Supreme Court that Republicans held open for more than a year until Donald Trump could fill it, the New York Times ran a piece headlined “Gorsuch Not Easy to Pigeonhole on Gay Rights, Friends Say.”

After Monday, those friends look pretty foolish.

The Supreme Court took two actions Monday morning that provide a fairly clear window into how Gorsuch will handle claims alleging discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.

First, the Court announced that it will hear Masterpiece Cakeshop v. Colorado Civil Rights Commission, a case brought by a baker who claims that religion gives anti-LGBTQ business owners the right to ignore civil rights laws.

We cannot know for sure whether Gorsuch voted to take up this case — but it is notable that the Court decided not to consider this issue when Justice Antonin Scalia was still alive. Gorsuch now occupies Scalia’s seat.

Second, the Court reversed an Arkansas Supreme Court decision permitting the state to engage in a subtle form of discrimination against same-sex couples. Gorsuch criticized the majority’s decision striking down Arkansas’s practice, relying on a narrow interpretation of the Supreme Court’s landmark marriage equality decision in Obergefell v. Hodges.

Pavan v. Smith involved an unusual Arkansas law providing that, when a child is born to woman married to a man, “f the mother was married at the time of either conception or birth . . . the name of [her] husband shall be entered on the certificate as the father of the child.” But under this law, when a child is born to someone in a same-sex marriage, the state does not automatically list the mother’s spouse as a co-parent.

For example, if a woman in an opposite-sex couple is artificially inseminated, her husband will be listed as the child’s parent. But if a lesbian woman is artificially inseminated, her wife will not automatically be listed as the child’s parent. According to the decision, this regime violates Obergefell’s holding that “the Constitution entitles same-sex couples to civil marriage ‘on the same terms and conditions as opposite-sex couples.’”

Gorsuch’s dissent labels this conclusion “overbroad,” and suggests that the Arkansas regime can be justified because it “establishes a set of rules designed to ensure that the biological parents of a child are listed on the child’s birth certificate.” However, the Arkansas rule applies even to married opposite-sex couples even if the couple is fully aware that the mother’s husband is not the child’s biological father.

Notably, even Chief Justice John Roberts, who dissented in Obergefell, joined the majority in Pavan.

Taken together, these two cases suggest Gorsuch will join the Court’s rightmost faction in matters relating to LGBTQ rights.

https://thinkprogress.org/neil-gorsuch-anti-gay-bb343eaff08

My biggest fear about Trump winning was the courts.  Now rumors another justice getting set to retire.  Ruth better hold the fuck on.

16 hours ago, Skin said:

My biggest fear about Trump winning was the courts.  Now rumors another justice getting set to retire.  Ruth better hold the fuck on.

Its strange that most of the progress in the later years in USA was due to the Supreme Court, but it seems the progress would stop or even reverse if it is filled with Conservative people.

Could a nasty tweet trigger the beginning of the end for Trump? My oh my everybody's losing their head over it. Should that mean Trump will be banned from Twitter for his own good? I thought they had already tried that one. 

Funny how Americans feel so strongly about this when Trump said far worse things against some minorities in the US. But minorities aren't celebs so why bother? 

This is insane. It's all over the news.

The man is really a disgrace, no matter on which side you are. Can't believe is the President of one of the most powerful country in the world. A real clown 🤡.

3 hours ago, LSD said:

How low can society go when the President of the most powerful country in the World is tweeting garbage like this.  It is like a bad nightmare. 

The way Trump is also continually talking of fake news to discredit journalism gets more dangerous every day.   He basically thinks he can lie and do whatever he wants and if he gets exposed, he just trots out the fake news catch phrase.  

3 hours ago, runa said:

This is insane. It's all over the news.

The man is really a disgrace, no matter on which side you are. Can't believe is the President of one of the most powerful country in the world. A real clown 🤡.

As an American going from a President who was one of the best statesman we ever had to this literal psycho clown is a total embarrassment. 

5 hours ago, Skin said:

As an American going from a President who was one of the best statesman we ever had to this literal psycho clown is a total embarrassment. 

+1

Another day, another disgrace. I wonder how this country would be if everyone mirrored the "example" he sets?

The man (and I use that term loosely) was elected essentially because he was "against the grain" with his approach. In some ways, it's accurate to say he was elected BECAUSE he's an unfiltered, loud mouthed, "bully". Now, when someone uses the same approach on him, it's "crossing the line" and "bullying" that he's going to fight back against?? Give me a fucking break. The dumb, delusional and desperate made this bed. LIE IN IT bitches!

1 hour ago, Kurt420 said:

Another day, another disgrace. I wonder how this country would be if everyone mirrored the "example" he sets?

The man (and I use that term loosely) was elected essentially because he was "against the grain" with his approach. In some ways, it's accurate to say he was elected BECAUSE he's an unfiltered, loud mouthed, "bully". Now, when someone uses the same approach on him, it's "crossing the line" and "bullying" that he's going to fight back against?? Give me a fucking break. The dumb, delusional and desperate made this bed. LIE IN IT bitches!

Exactly.  Watching Trump supporters get all upset when he is so called "attacked"  is a joke in itself.  They continually excuse all of the disgusting things he says, his appalling lies, his dis-regard for anyone else, his tantrums and name calling when he does not get his own way and his arrogant, bullying, style.  They should suck it up as just getting a taste of their own medicine. 

13 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Exactly.  Watching Trump supporters get all upset when he is so called "attacked"  is a joke in itself.  They continually excuse all of the disgusting things he says, his appalling lies, his dis-regard for anyone else, his tantrums and name calling when he does not get his own way and his arrogant, bullying, style.  They should suck it up as just getting a taste of their own medicine. 

Yes, they should! Even the ones that supposedly don't like "that side" of him knew full well that by voting for him you're getting the WHOLE PACKAGE. That includes the chaos and confrontations that come with it. This is what his voters chose and this is what they're getting. Are his detractors supposed to respect him just because of his title? I don't think so. He has done NOTHING to earn the respect of anyone....not even the ones that support him.....of course that doesn't matter to them. Sheep that they are. Even the stupidest of his supporters should fully understand how polarizing this man is and that there's a HUGE amount of people that are never going to respect, support nor quit calling him out on his shit. At this point, I hope the detractors will continue to make his life hell until he leaves office. If what Howard Stern has said about him is true, then that man is going to be so mentally worn down by the time he leaves office he'll be close(r) to crazy. Hopefully, we'll get some good post-White House tabloid pics of a "blank" eyed, fat, bloated Trump plodding along,barely hanging by a thread. :lol:

32 minutes ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

:rotfl::clap::clap: Finally someone goes nuclear on the orange gutter rat lmao!! Starts around 2:40 

He is right.   Trump is so critical of how women look and makes dreadful comments about them all the time.  Plus how he mocks disabled people which is disgusting behaviour as well.   So he is simply getting a taste of his own vile medicine. 

Do people think that Trump is deliberately tweeting pathetic bullying tweets to divert attention from other things ?   I know he is a nutcase and a vile excuse for a human being but I also think there is a method to his madness.  He knows that people will be outraged at this and spend time addressing his behaviour rather than his policies.  Then he will lie, blame everyone else and bluster his way out of any blame and cry about the "fake media" 

Pence is rubbing his hands with glee in the background too which is so dangerous as well.  Trump is pushing through horrible policies and appeasing the ultra conservative religious Republican members.  When he goes, they will continue with his awful policies and Pence will look like a civilised man in comparison to him.  That is the danger in people concentrating on the behaviour of Trump without looking as closely as what he is doing politically. 

:ohgoodgrief:

‘Morning Joe’ hosts say Trump threatened them with Enquirer story

BY  TERENCE CULLEN 

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Updated: Friday, June 30, 2017, 10:55 AM

President Trump’s rivalry with the hosts of “Morning Joe” turned into a cyber rumble Friday after the MSNBC stars accused the commander in chief of blackmailing them.

In a Washington Post op-ed, Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski said White House staffers — senior adviser Jared Kushner was reportedly among them — warned that the National Enquirer was preparing a damaging story about the co-hosts’ off-air relationship.

The only way to stop the article was to personally apologize to Trump for harsh comments about him on “Morning Joe.”

“We ignored their desperate pleas," Scarborough and Brzezinski wrote.

The revelation came in response to a pair of tweets by Trump in Thursday in which he attacked the cable news anchors. Trump was slammed for saying Brzezinski was “bleeding badly from a face-lift” when they met on New Year’s Eve.

Kushner, Trump’s son-in-law, spoke to Scarborough “many weeks ago” and “recommended he speak with the president,” White House officials told the Daily Beast. But, they added, he wasn’t giving Scarborough an ultimatum.

“The truth is far more mundane. In this case, Joe was talking to Jared about his (bad)relationship with the president and a Enquirer hit piece he was uneasy about,” an unidentified official told the Daily Beast.

Scarborough and Brzezinski fleshed out the National Enquirer incident on a previously unscheduled “Morning Joe” appearance Friday. 

“They were calling my children, they were calling my close friends, they were pinning the story on my ex-husband," Brzezinski said of the Enquirer reporters.

The Enquirer ran a story in early June that detailed Scarborough and Brzezinski’s relationship as well as their respective divorces.

After Scarborough and Brzezinski’s remarks, the June 2 story was featured prominently at the top of the Enquirer’s website.

The tabloid, in a statement Friday, said the article was “accurately reported” and “not in dispute.”

“At no time did we threaten either Joe or Mika or their children in connection with our reporting on the story,” the statement read. “We have no knowledge of any discussions between the White House and Joe and Mika about our story, and absolutely no involvement in those discussions.”

President Trump, responding to Scarborough and Brzezinski’s roughly 30-minute segment Friday, offered a different set of events.

“Watched low rated @Morning_Joe for first time in long time. FAKE NEWS. He called me to stop a National Enquirer article. I said no! Bad show,” Trump tweeted shortly before 9 a.m. Friday.

Scarborough fired back a pair of tweets in which he accused Trump of lying.

“Yet another lie. I have texts from your top aides and phone records. Also, those records show I haven't spoken with you in many months,” he wrote. “Why do you keep lying about things that are so easily disproven? What is wrong with you?”

Scarborough earlier in the day highlighted Trump’s friendship with David Pecker, owner of Enquirer parent American Media, Inc.

“Donald Trump called me during the campaign and bragged about his friend who runs the National Enquirer,” Scarborough said. "There were all these stories that were planted in the National Enquirer for people who Donald Trump wanted to attack.”

Scarborough also referenced an Enquirer cover stroy linking Sen. Ted Cruz — one of Trump’s toughest primary opponents — to Lee Harvey Oswald, a rumor that Trump also used against the Texas Republican. 

A Wall Street Journal story published four days before the election detailed how American Media, Inc. paid a former Playboy model $150,000 for her story on her affair with Trump in 2006. The story never ran.

Pecker, in an interview with the New Yorker published this week, defended his friendship with the President and paying the model, Karen McDougal.

He said McDougal was hired by American Media, Inc. and instructed that she “can’t be bashing Trump and American Media.”

When the magazine suggested those aren’t the same thing, Pecker replied, “To me it is.”

“The guy’s a personal friend of mine,” he added.