Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

SCHOOLED

Why does it sounds like second best Kylie?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She started before Kylie (and had a bigger international presence too).

 

This is missing her signature song btw.

 

 

The single was a worldwide hit, peaking at number four in the United States (usually a tough market for international acts), number three in her native UK, and topping the Australian and Canadian charts. In Canada, the single stayed for seven weeks at number one. The single stayed at the top of Sweden's music chart for eight weeks, succeeded by Fox's second single "Do Ya Do Ya (Wanna Please Me)".

And just because I feel like it:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, horn said:

Why does it sounds like second best Kylie?

Because your brain is on backwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She released a fantastic album in 2005. So great.  And this song was my jam for so long!!!!!!!  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In 1997 everything was ready for a big come back with this fabulous first single but something happened and the song was barely promoted, and later released by some unknown bitch.  I assume the writer was her lover but they broke up. 

The fabulous The Reason Is You. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The video is so hilariously bad hahaha.  Love it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

Because your brain is on backwards.

Just because I don't know this mediocre singer who failed to score a top 15 album in UK / top 20 album in US or having JUST 3 top 10 hits in both US & UK, doesn't mean I deserve a personal attack from you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samantha_Fox_discography

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TOUCH ME will always be a great pop song but that's about it.

Unfortunately Smamfa's stint on celeb Big Brother last year showed her up as being not a particularly nice person. 

She needs to get back on the booze, come out the closet PROPERLY and give us a bit more of this...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, horn said:

Just because I don't know this mediocre singer who failed to score a top 15 album in UK / top 20 album in US or having JUST 3 top 10 hits in both US & UK, doesn't mean I deserve a personal attack from you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samantha_Fox_discography

I guess the "attack" was less based on not knowing her, and more in calling her second rate compared to Kylie, as Samantha doesn't sing through her nose, has better boobs and in two years had more top 10 hits in the US than Kylie in 30.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

I guess the "attack" was less based on not knowing her, and more in calling her second rate compared to Kylie, as Samantha doesn't sing through her nose, has better boobs and in two years had more top 10 hits in the US than Kylie in 30.

Ironically, Samantha, as a British, failed to score > 3 top 10 hit in the UK during her career peak (3 years) whereas Kylie, a non-British, score a #1 & 3 #2 UK hits in 1988 alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, horn said:

Ironically, Samantha, as a British, failed to score > 3 top 10 hit in the UK during her career peak (3 years) whereas Kylie, a non-British, score a #1 & 3 #2 UK hits in 1988 alone.

Well the UK has always been more supportive of foreign female singers. I mean, the British female with more #1s is Cheryl Tweedy Cole Fernandez-Versini  and she only has 5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, horn said:

Ironically, Samantha, as a British, failed to score > 3 top 10 hit in the UK during her career peak (3 years) whereas Kylie, a non-British, score a #1 & 3 #2 UK hits in 1988 alone.


samantha-fox-nude-tits.jpg22808_misc034_123_680lo.jpg

This is what Sam Fox was famous for (and still is) in the UK. Getting her tits out as a 'page 3 stunner' in daily newspapers (a very British tradition) Her asset(s) wasn't exactly her singing voice and no one really saw her as a pop star here. She was however much more successful in the US than kylie ever was.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kim said:

 

This is what Sam Fox was famous for (and still is) in the UK. Getting her tits out as a 'page 3 stunner' in daily newspapers (a very British tradition) Her asset(s) wasn't exactly her singing voice and no one really saw her as a pop star here. She was however much more successful in the US than kylie ever was.

 

Ha ha,  that is what we have always known Samantha for as well.  My brother used to love her and have her poster on his wall - and it was not because of her singing ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Kim said:


samantha-fox-nude-tits.jpg22808_misc034_123_680lo.jpg

This is what Sam Fox was famous for (and still is) in the UK. Getting her tits out as a 'page 3 stunner' in daily newspapers (a very British tradition) Her asset(s) wasn't exactly her singing voice and no one really saw her as a pop star here. She was however much more successful in the US than kylie ever was.

 

Thanks darling!

Now I know what she's famous for. :horn: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The UK never loved Sam.  She never got over the big boobs shadow.  But in Europe she had a couple of really successful years and in the USA she got two mega hits. 

She has absolutely nothing to do with Kylie!  

Best thing about Sam is how incredibly independent she was.  Even though she was marketed,  as any pop starlet is,  she was always different, being in Zomba Records and always going to an unexpected route: rock chick to europop,  then she mixes black music with pop (like 10 years before anybody else),  then she releases acid house! No pop star went the dance route back then!  She was fearless. 

 Either she was the luckiest turd ever or she was brilliant!!!  

She clearly refused to be too near Stock Aitken and Waterman too,  she felt it was for one trick ponies.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3.06.2017 at 10:00 AM, horn said:

Just because I don't know this mediocre singer who failed to score a top 15 album in UK / top 20 album in US or having JUST 3 top 10 hits in both US & UK, doesn't mean I deserve a personal attack from you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samantha_Fox_discography

I'm sorry horn! I didn't mean to attack you, I was just trying to be funny (which failed). sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

I'm sorry horn! I didn't mean to attack you, I was just trying to be funny (which failed). sorry.

Oh, it's just a misunderstanding. :kiss2: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2017 at 3:05 PM, karbatal said:

The UK never loved Sam.  She never got over the big boobs shadow.  But in Europe she had a couple of really successful years and in the USA she got two mega hits. 

She has absolutely nothing to do with Kylie!  

Best thing about Sam is how incredibly independent she was.  Even though she was marketed,  as any pop starlet is,  she was always different, being in Zomba Records and always going to an unexpected route: rock chick to europop,  then she mixes black music with pop (like 10 years before anybody else),  then she releases acid house! No pop star went the dance route back then!  She was fearless. 

 Either she was the luckiest turd ever or she was brilliant!!!  

She clearly refused to be too near Stock Aitken and Waterman too,  she felt it was for one trick ponies.  

She did several songs with SAW. They're honestly my least favorite songs of hers, but if she wanted to avoid them she could have just not worked with them period. Some people (like Madonna) didn't bother with them at all.

On 6/3/2017 at 7:32 AM, karbatal said:

In 1997 everything was ready for a big come back with this fabulous first single but something happened and the song was barely promoted, and later released by some unknown bitch.  I assume the writer was her lover but they broke up. 

The fabulous The Reason Is You. 

 

This wasn't a bad album at all. I only discovered it recently. The sound is very similar to Cher's Believe album, but I think it came out first. 

On 6/3/2017 at 4:11 AM, horn said:

Why does it sounds like second best Kylie?

The SAW songs definitely sound like Kylie for obvious reasons, but two of her biggest hits in the US ("Naughty Girls" and "I Wanna Have Some Fun") don't sound anything like Kylie to me. Full Force had a very distinct sound and Kylie never released anything remotely like it. 

Anyway, I don't really get the constant Kylie bashing on this forum. She seems totally harmless and her music is catchy and fun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Samantha Fox can actually sing compared to Kylie..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, vocalism said:

She did several songs with SAW. They're honestly my least favorite songs of hers, but if she wanted to avoid them she could have just not worked with them period. Some people (like Madonna) didn't bother with them at all.

This wasn't a bad album at all. I only discovered it recently. The sound is very similar to Cher's Believe album, but I think it came out first. 

The SAW songs definitely sound like Kylie for obvious reasons, but two of her biggest hits in the US ("Naughty Girls" and "I Wanna Have Some Fun") don't sound anything like Kylie to me. Full Force had a very distinct sound and Kylie never released anything remotely like it. 

Anyway, I don't really get the constant Kylie bashing on this forum. She seems totally harmless and her music is catchy and fun. 

She did Nothing's Gonna Stop Me and then a cover in another album, plus You Started Something.  She didn't even include a song that later was a single for Jason Donovan.  That was 1987-1989,  the years of SAW Kingdom.  If she had been interested,  she would have got big songs from SAW.  She simply didn't want.  I Only Wanna Be With You was only produced and it was recorded for pure personal reasons from Sam. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

Samantha Fox can actually sing compared to Kylie..

:lol:

I ADORE Sam but her vocal ability is very questionable.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uhhh girl! 

On november we have her AUTOBIOGRAPHY!!! 

51WIHJp3tWL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

 

 Over 30 million records sold. The most photographed British star of the '80s alongside Princess Diana and Margaret Thatcher. Not since the Beatles has a British personality been so well known internationally, across a complete cross-section of ages, genders, races, and religions. Now, for the very first time, Samantha Fox has decided to tell the whole, and sometimes painful, story of the bullied North London girl who managed to captivate an entire world. "My first memory is of an explosion and the smell of burnt flesh." With those words, following a prologue in which readers are introduced to her backstage in 2015, Samantha Fox begins her story. Thoughts of Myra the love of her life who has been battling an aggressive form of cancer for almost two years whirl through her mind, then shortly she takes to the stage once more, to sing "Touch Me," the song which made her world famous almost 30 years earlier. Samantha Fox's autobiography is a captivating tale about a fighter who has gone through hell more than once, but who has always come out stronger; someone who has remained in the public's consciousness for almost four decades now and who continues to play to sold-out crowds across the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Smamfa reminds me of SHARON FROM EASTENDERS :wow: (except Shazza's a better singer obviously)

674551f692577fa809935dfc3e18d7f9.jpg

I141004_115257_83045oTextCS_70397102.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎.‎6‎.‎2017 at 10:54 PM, karbatal said:

She did Nothing's Gonna Stop Me and then a cover in another album, plus You Started Something.  She didn't even include a song that later was a single for Jason Donovan.  That was 1987-1989,  the years of SAW Kingdom.  If she had been interested,  she would have got big songs from SAW.  She simply didn't want.  I Only Wanna Be With You was only produced and it was recorded for pure personal reasons from Sam. 

And "Nothing's Gonna Stop Me" is one of the best SAW songs ever recorded..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×