Explosions at Ariana Grande concert in Manchester

XXL

I've just woken up to this. So shocked as heard nothing last night.

to think all those young people. There's always security at these events going through bags etc but if they wore a belt they don't do body checks. 

It will be another lone wolf type I expect.

i thought nothing would happen for a while after Westminster bridge.

this has really shocked me. 

Omg I just woken up.  I can't imagine how horrible it has to be.  

Does anybody know what really happened???  Did the people die because of the explosion or because of the chaos afterwards? 

14 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Does anybody know what really happened???  Did the people die because of the explosion or because of the chaos afterwards? 

Not sure but people were being treated for shrapnel wounds so imagine the bomb killed quite a few. Just awful. Poor Ariana too.

i don't know who was killed but it would have been a young audience.

59 minutes ago, karbatal said:

The pictures of teenagers with those bunny ears being attended is simply horrible. How can this happen? 

And poor Ariana. How will she face another concert? 

Her tour has been cancelled which is very understandable. This is so sad and tragic. 

11 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

Something tells me security measures for entering/exiting sports arenas and stadiums is about to get A LOT heavier...

for M's concert in antwerp it was filled with soldiers/the army. (and today in the big cities you still see them and also tanks just on the streets). this doesnt just go away. soon we'll have kids who grew up with this, thinking it's normal

10 minutes ago, karbatal said:

There was two hours queue in Barcelona for the RHT, but we still have to know who was the terrorist here, because maybe it was a worker and got the explosives days ago? 

when I came back from RHT November 2015 in Prague the Bataclan massacre happened. I remember dreading those lowlifes could try to attack on her concert. There were so many ppl! So devastating!

15 minutes ago, karbatal said:

There was two hours queue in Barcelona for the RHT, but we still have to know who was the terrorist here, because maybe it was a worker and got the explosives days ago? 

werent there reports of some police being worried because like 70% of the ticket holders came from middle eastern countries? i remember fans also criticising them for generalizing people like that (and they were right of course) i thought it was for barcelona.. but it also couldve been for another neighbour country. anyway, there was a lot of worry and concern and paranoia at the time

This disgusting piece of pond scum went out and viciously bombed mainly teenage girls at a concert.  What an evil coward.  there are not enough words to express the pure disgust and anger everyone feels towards this barbaric vile excuse for a man. 

5 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

This disgusting piece of pond scum went out and viciously bombed mainly teenage girls at a concert.  What an evil coward.  there are not enough words to express the pure disgust and anger everyone feels towards this barbaric vile excuse for a man. 

how was this horrible creature able to get in with a bomb I wonder?????

4 minutes ago, elijah said:

how was this horrible creature able to get in with a bomb I wonder?????

It happened at the exit I think so possibly the scumbag was waiting by the exit. Also bags are only checked, they're not body searched..

They have apparently arrested a 23 year old in connection. 

2 minutes ago, Mmmmm said:

It happened at the exit I think so possibly the scumbag was waiting by the exit. Also bags are only checked, they're not body searched..

They have apparently arrested a 23 year old in connection. 

Fucking disgusting scumbags. The crucifixtion should be re-established for ppl like those. And yes, I think the scumbags did the same in Istambul airport, detonated the bomb on the entrance where usually there are a lot of ppl.

6 hours ago, karbatal said:

From the explosion. Witnesses said there were bodies shattered everywhere. :( 

Yes it looks like they've realised they don't need to go into an event, you just need to go where there's large crowd such as this leaving an event. 

The person arrested is connected but the bomber is dead.

Ever since 9/11 I've always had this scenario in the back of my head while attending concerts. And it's always terrified me. Everyone's guard is down, people have been drinking, there's thousands of people around. 

It's so heartbreaking that so many young lives were taken while they were enjoying one of the only things that can bring us together anymore: Music.

Light and Love to all those affected by this. 

I'm speechless. My heart goes out to all the mancunians and brits.

Here even with the country being on the highest level of terrorist attack alert people have let their guard down. Just yesterday i had to report an unattended shopping bag left in the toilets of the Starbuck's next to the museum of modern art. How long had it been there ? Two people went before me and they said nothing.