MadonnaNation.com Forums
nightcutter

Songs that you hate.

Heard a snippet of this in a movie the other day.  Although I do like the music and some of JF's music, his voice sounds like some nasally hillbilly in this.

On 1.3.2018 at 4:31 AM, surannée said:

Oh God, so many... today I listened to one I used to hate in the eighties. I'm still baffled it was such a big hit.

Eww, basically the German Kylie. It was M fans against Sandra fans back then. And she was being pushed so hard as the better of the two (clean non offensive image, better voice- lmao). I hated this useless chipmunk so much. 

52 minutes ago, Lolo said:

Eww, basically the German Kylie. It was M fans against Sandra fans back then. And she was being pushed so hard as the better of the two (clean non offensive image, better voice- lmao). I hated this useless chipmunk so much. 

:lol2:

looool

did she ever sing live especcially this song ? I remember even now, after 30 years its the same voice record. She must be the pre-Britney who lypsincs

17 minutes ago, jaron said:

:lol2:

looool

did she ever sing live especcially this song ? I remember even now, after 30 years its the same voice record. She must be the pre-Britney who lypsincs

Yet the ugly chimp was heralded the better singer ... and more attractive :dead:

a83c8191a767caba6d17af54fc8e2eed.jpg

On 24-5-2017 at 4:55 PM, Supernatural said:

YES! HATE ALL OF IT!

WTF???? R.E.M. is life for me!!!

On 2-6-2017 at 7:49 PM, todsmod said:

Did anyone mention "Rock Me Amadeus" yet?  Although I didn't purchase the song, I did rock out to it in the club back then.  But damn!!!  What a stupid/annoying song it really was!!!  One of those song you like when you were young, but wanna throw-up hearing it now.

What???? Falco is also life!!!

Despacito

Anything related to Regetón. I was afraid a year ago that Madonna would go and record a regetón album! 

Oh, and anybody hating anything from Sandra HAS TO GO. I find Michael Cretu the producer that got away for Madonna in the late 80s and very early 90s! He started with Sandra and ended up with Enigma and it was soooo cool! I wouldn't have minded some cool Cretu song in Erotica, for example! Of course I wouldn't change a song from LAP or WTG or TB, but somehow I would have loved some Cretu song, the same that I would have loved that Madonna had recorded PSB's 'Heart", as they wanted her to. 

Here's some Cretu ERotica vibe. 

Enigma is life

love all of them albums :inlove:

@karbatal I pray for you. First Kylie, then Sandra and Michael Cretu??! Yuk...

Anyway. Get well soon :kiss2:

200.gif

8 minutes ago, Lolo said:

@karbatal I pray for you. First Kylie, then Sandra and Michael Cretu??! Yuk...

Anyway. Get well soon :kiss2:

200.gif

:lol:

I've always loved Cretu's productions. About Sandra I only know her two biggest hits, but love them a lot, especially the underrated Heaven Can Wait, which was in fact the precusor of the Enigma sound! 

And I love so many gems from Enigma, my favourite being Return to Innocence. It's such a beautiful song :inlove:

@karbatal Well apparently you haven't been the only one since Enigma was a massive success around the globe. I never was into this Gregorian new age sound, and to suggest this would have been a thing for Madonna makes me shiver in a very bad way. I'd never ever swap Justify My Love for the bluntness of Mea Culpa or whatever it was called. BUT my main hatred is for chipmunkface Sandra and her stupid baby voice, so I'll back off of Project Enigma. 

3 minutes ago, Lolo said:

@karbatal Well apparently you haven't been the only one since Enigma was a massive success around the globe. I never was into this Gregorian new age sound, and to suggest this would have been a thing for Madonna makes me shiver in a very bad way. I'd never ever swap Justify My Love for the bluntness of Mea Culpa or whatever it was called. BUT my main hatred is for chipmunkface Sandra and her stupid baby voice, so I'll back off of Project Enigma. 

I understand your hate for Sandra. As I say I love her two singles but she has to be the worst singer in history :lol: Weirdly enough she's the vocal behind many Enigma hits. In the end of the day she is one of the FEMALE TOP SELLERS ever! 

How do you feel about it???? :rotfl:

Oh, I would NEVER swap JML for any Enigma shit. I would have loved soem collaboration or something. 

7 minutes ago, karbatal said:

How do you feel about it???? :rotfl:

ZLD40.gif

Enigma has sold over 8.5 million RIAA-certified albums in the US[10] and an estimated 70 million worldwide with over 100 gold and platinum certifications

According to Wikipedia, Sandra's sales are more then 30 million! WTF? 

She's behind almost 100 million sales! This is like that Nana Moskouri recurrent thread here in Madonnanation and her millions of sales! :lol:

43 minutes ago, karbatal said:

And I love so many gems from Enigma, my favourite being Return to Innocence. It's such a beautiful song :inlove:

yes thats a great song, also that remix of their greatest hits remix album is also nice

3 hours ago, Hapertje said:

What???? Falco is also life!!!

Guess that came out too harsh.  I do love a lot of Falco's music.  Amadeus was so popular, it seemed like it was played constantly everywhere for a whole year (I'm sure I'm exaggerating).  I just got sick of it.

58 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Enigma has sold over 8.5 million RIAA-certified albums in the US[10] and an estimated 70 million worldwide with over 100 gold and platinum certifications

According to Wikipedia, Sandra's sales are more then 30 million! WTF? 

She's behind almost 100 million sales! This is like that Nana Moskouri recurrent thread here in Madonnanation and her millions of sales! :lol:

Yes we need a thread, I want to let all of my evil spirits out... Gaga doesn't do it for me anymore. 

I still don't get how this became so big...I do enjoy a couple of her songs (especially the R&B stuff from the late 90's / early 00's), this is definitely NOT one of them. From 2009-11, you couldn't escape that awful RedOne production...it was everywhere in mainstream music :wacko:

Oh, and the most recent contender is definitely Despacito. God, people really do have shit taste :sneaky:

On 3/4/2018 at 2:08 PM, Lolo said:

I was living in Germany at the time "Maria Magdalena" came out - it was mid-July 1985 and I think the same week "Into The Groove" was out. Everybody was initially saying it was by Madonna and I was, like, you must be joking. 😂

P.S: I love "Sadeness" and "Mea Culpa", though. 

On 05/03/2018 at 7:28 PM, beta_test said:

what about 

@Crystal Coffin   I always remember us laughing at this song and me messing up her name.  

What does this song even mean. It makes no sense at all. 

On 3/12/2018 at 9:31 AM, Jazzy Jan said:

@Crystal Coffin   I always remember us laughing at this song and me messing up her name.  

What does this song even mean. It makes no sense at all. 

:inlove: Why do you think that this 'lil song makes no sense? :lol: 

On 18/07/2017 at 11:38 AM, jaron said:

Everything from U2 !!!!

I am not attracted to rock shit

I agree, I cannot stand anything they've released - including the Joshua Tree. I don't know what the fuss is about, tbh.

I do like a bit of rock music, like Queen, Bruce Springsteen and The Rolling Stones etc, but no...not a fan of U2 at all.

7 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

:inlove: Why do you think that this 'lil song makes no sense? :lol: 

She says "  I just met you and this is crazy,  here's my number, call me maybe. 

Then she says "  Before we met, I missed you so bad"   

How can you miss someone you have not met !   

21 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

She says "  I just met you and this is crazy,  here's my number, call me maybe. 

Then she says "  Before we met, I missed you so bad"   

How can you miss someone you have not met !   

Oh, interesting! Perhaps the word "missed" in THAT CONTEXT carries a quite different meaning than the one we usually use or encounter. I'm not a native speaker of English so I can only guess. Or maybe this bitch has constructed her own logic, I don't know:lmao: 

4 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Oh, interesting! Perhaps the word "missed" in THAT CONTEXT carries a quite different meaning than the one we usually use or encounter. I'm not a native speaker of English so I can only guess. Or maybe this bitch has constructed her own logic, I don't know:lmao: 

:ohmy: Maybe she time travels !   She could be a witch like the Halliwell sisters on Charmed and jumps around in time. 

Who ever thought "  Call me Maybe"  could be a mystery song !  

On 4.3.2018 at 11:59 PM, Nonoka said:

I still don't get how this became so big...I do enjoy a couple of her songs (especially the R&B stuff from the late 90's / early 00's), this is definitely NOT one of them. From 2009-11, you couldn't escape that awful RedOne production...it was everywhere in mainstream music :wacko:

Oh, and the most recent contender is definitely Despacito. God, people really do have shit taste :sneaky:

hate this song so much

she clearly copied Hung Up's concept and it worked

On 5/24/2017 at 3:41 PM, Icykiller said:

Hotel California by the Eagles, Beat it by Michael Jacson, and Another brick in the wall by Pink Floyd... I despise these songs.

*edit: forgot to add We will rock you by Queen. Ugh! 

YES. YES. YES. FUCK THAT CRAP. 

The ONLY version of "Losing My Religion" that matters is this:

Someone You Like by Adele (sorry @Jazzy Jan, I know you're a fan)