MadonnaNation.com Forums
nightcutter

Songs that you hate.

I had the radio on at work today. I heard some of my least favourite songs ever. These are some that I really hate and have never, ever seen the appeal in.

Katrina and the Waves - Walking On Sunshine.

Fugees - Killing Me Softly.

Bryan Adams - Everything I Do.

Paul Simon - You Can Call Me Al.

They Might Be Giants - Birdhouse in your Soul.

Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You.

What songs do you really hate?

1 hour ago, nightcutter said:

I had the radio on at work today. I heard some of my last favourite songs ever. These are some that I really hate and have never, ever seen the appeal in.

I also can't stand the songs you mentioned although like Roberta Flack's original version of Killing me softly.  I detest  'you can call me Al" and turn the radio off every time I hear it. 

More songs I can't stand are 

Thinking out loud - Ed Sheran

Take it easy - The Eagles

Come Away with me - Nora Jones 

Oh how fun!

There aren't too many songs that I outright detest. But here are some that I find completely insufferable to sit through.

1. Love Shack - B52's
  2. Cupid Shuffle - I don't even know who sings it. 
  3. YMCA - Village People
  4. I Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas
  5. Old Time Rock 'n Roll - Bob Seger
  6. Achy Breaky Heart - Billy Ray Cyrus 
  7. Party in the U.S .A - Miley Cyrus
  8. Karma Chameleon - Culture Club 

17 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

I also can't stand the songs you mentioned although like Roberta Flack's original version of Killing me softly.  I detest  'you can call me Al" and turn the radio off every time I hear it. 

More songs I can't stand are 

Thinking out loud - Ed Sheran

Take it easy - The Eagles

Come Away with me - Nora Jones 

Come Away With Me?!?!?! SAY IT AIN'T SO!

I know it's cheesy Starbucks staple, but I've always found that to be such a soft, relaxing song. It's on my 'Bubble Bath' mix. :lol:

19 hours ago, nightcutter said:

That's my karaoke song! :lmao:

I can usually find SOMETHING to like in most songs, but there's a select few that disgust me:

34 minutes ago, IsaacHarris said:

I can usually find SOMETHING to like in most songs, but there's a select few that disgust me:

Oh God I forgot about that Fireflies song. Abysmal. 

And I think it's safe to say anything and everything by Creed should be listed here as well. 

21 hours ago, nightcutter said:

I had the radio on at work today. I heard some of my last favourite songs ever. These are some that I really hate and have never, ever seen the appeal in.

The only one I like on your list is Bryan Adams", but the summer of 1991 was a living hell and completely killed off my love for that song. It was only recently that I started to like it again.

Here's mine:

Queen - Bohemium Rhapsody. (Overplayed to death and now just annoying)

Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy (Never liked it, never will)

Taylor Swift - We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together (Who the fk cares)

Crazy Frog - (Omg, this HAS to be the most annoying song ever in the history on mankind, it's AWFUL)

Willow Smith - Whip My Hair (Shame her head didn't snap off from all that "whipping".

Jenna Rose - My Jeans (Oh my god..SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP)

Nicki Minge - Stupid Hoe (Yes, you are, dear)

Rebecca Black - Friday (Puke)

Chris De Burgh - Lady In Red (Bored the tits off me back then and still does today)

Culture Club - Do You Really Want To Hurt Me (Yes, yes, I do...very much so)

Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling

There are so many...

I think one of my most hated songs is "Another Day in Paradise" by Phil Collins. Ugh.

Anything by that stinky English garden-gnome statuette, that ginger minger geezer, you know? Zero charisma Ed-motherfucking-Sheeran.

Anything that stemmed from Crap Factor or Wanker Idol or whatever it is those ludicrous monkey-talent shows are called.

No Erection and the likes.

Keep them coming guys!

Karma fucking Chamaleon always irritated the hell out of me. Stupid meaningless nerve-wrecking song.

Coldplay songs: hate them all the same level as ginger minger's, zero erection and the likes. That fucking nasal voice of him, that absurd Chris Martin... jeez, another one with zero charisma, singing atrocious songs, with his atrocious vocals, everything produced by this ultra mediocre group is total sadness.

Oasis "Wonderwall" - I am not your wonderwall, you muppet. You are nothing to me, never were and never will. Detesting this song since its release.

Duran Duran "Wild Boys": aka ... tacky galore. Horrendous crap. To me Duran Duran were untouchable up until "Is There Something I Should Know" then they went downhill since. Wild Boys embodies everything I hated back then about tacky 80s style such as this shitty song.

Europe "Final Countdown" - kinda ironic if you have no idea who Europe were by reading Europe combined with "Final Countdown" given the current situation in Europe right now... Another tacky galore example this gigantic pile of messy shite is. Hated it immensely when it came out over 30 years ago. Most of my class mates loved this crap. Still makes me vomit every time I accidentally happen to hear it on the radio or from a car passing by... That horrendous synth riff is what pisses me off the most.

Kate Bush "Cloudbusting" - no, something good is not gonna happen, luv. It has always irritated me this song, always. Even witnessed live 3 years ago during the final encore and still hated it. Music instruments choice is terrible here, a total cacophony for me. Has she had done it acappella for example, it would have been an absolute delight, but this fat bitch only listens to her own belly - never tell the Bush what to do or not to eat for that matter.

........... there's more

2 hours ago, whitehat said:

There are so many...

I think one of my most hated songs is "Another Day in Paradise" by Phil Collins. Ugh.

So, so, soooooo many Phil Collins songs. Easy Lover. FML that songs gets under my skin every single time I hear it. 

Edited by Sanctuary

Macarena and

U.$.A. Anthem 

Killing Me Softly is one of the songs I've heard too many times and never want to hear again. Maybe it was a good song at some time, but radio completely destroyed it. There were a lot of songs like that in the 90's. Who wants to hear this shitty ballad for the billionth time?? That's what I remember of the 90s.

I hate really depressing songs like The Living Years or Tears In Heaven. It's just such a downer when they come on somewhere.

Hotel California by the Eagles, Beat it by Michael Jacson, and Another brick in the wall by Pink Floyd... I despise these songs.

*edit: forgot to add We will rock you by Queen. Ugh! 

Ha ha. I like some of the songs you guys hate. We have such a variety of tastes!

11 hours ago, whitehat said:

There are so many...

Eww, yes, it's the absolute worst...What a whiny nightmare of a song. :ugh:

I also hate everything by R.E.M., they were so annoying in the 90s. And that ugly Friends theme song. 

Everything with all my full hate by/about/from Lady Caca, don't really hate anything else... 

Michael Jackson - Bad (no name could be more appropriate.....I CRINGE when I think Causing a Commotion spent 2 weeks blocked at #2 behind it on the Hot 100)

Adele - Someone Like You (I just CAN'T at this freaking song.....can't stand it)

Rihanna - Diamonds (never liked it, such a bore)

Megan Trainor - All About That Bass (Do I need to say anything more? The epitome of what's wrong in today's pop music scenario).

this is catchy as fuck but what about those sexist lyrics lol, swalla

YES to a lot of Phil Collins stuff....especially "su su sudio"!!!  WTF was that about?   Also always hated "walking on sunshine".  There are many others, but I'm too much in a good mood right now to dig them up!  I'll be back w/more!

OH!!!  One more....."i will always love you"....Whitney Houston

6 hours ago, Lolo said:

I also hate everything by R.E.M.,

YES! HATE ALL OF IT!

Also, anything a "soccer mom" would like.

From 90's garbage like My heart Will Go On to Stay With Me.

Oh and that Brave song. So annoying.

3 hours ago, Orion said:

Michael Jackson - Bad (no name could be more appropriate.....I CRINGE when I think Causing a Commotion spent 2 weeks blocked at #2 behind it on the Hot 100)

Adele - Someone Like You (I just CAN'T at this freaking song.....can't stand it)

Rihanna - Diamonds (never liked it, such a bore)

Megan Trainor - All About That Bass (Do I need to say anything more? The epitome of what's wrong in today's pop music scenario).

I also despise that Adele song.

I hated this Mad World cover by the whiny guy who got celebrated for it like he invented the wheel, whereas the Tears for Fears original is a superb song. 

35 minutes ago, Lolo said:

I hated this Mad World cover by the whiny guy who got celebrated for it like he invented the wheel, whereas the Tears for Fears original is a superb song. 

The whiny version is not even useful to cure constipation, beyond shitty as it is