French TV host makes fake gay online profile to mock gay men live on TV

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/05/20/french-tv-host-makes-fake-gay-online-profile-to-mock-gay-men-live-on-tv/

French TV host makes fake gay online profile to mock gay men live on TV

35mnxxv.jpg

A French TV presenter has created a dating app and used it to mock gay people on live television. 

Touche Pas A Mon Poste presenter Cyril Hanouna created the fake profile and then pranked people who messaged him. 

In the segment on the programme Don’t Touch My TV Set, the presenter spoke to those who messaged him using overly camp gestures and feminine voices.

The people who were unaware that they were on the phone were coaxed into talking about their sexual fantasies. 

Hanna defended the incident and claimed that he was a staunch fighter against homophobia. 

“Homophobia is everything I’ve been fighting against for years, just like xenophobia, racism and misogyny, and today being called homophobic makes me feel really sad,” he said. 

Max Emerson was used as the picture for the online portfolio, and he has since condemned the “prank”.

Since going on air on Thursday, the CSA which regulates television standards has received numerous complaints about the segment of the show. 

SOS Homophobie, an association in France which protects gay people, has also made a formal complaint.

President of the organisation, Joël Deumier, deemed the segment “scandalous, shameful and homophobic”. 

“When you let people get away with behaviour like this, you trivialise homophobic discourse. 

“This sketch was deeply homophobic and you would have to be aware of it,” he said.

The show has received nearly 6,500 complaints in the last year. 

A group of French journalists who studied the show over a period of four weeks found that the show had mentioned homosexuality 42 times, and most often it was mentioned with the intention to “demean it”.

9 hours ago, spazz said:

Disgusting 

i hate this hanouna 

overrated trash

i was about to post this but i couldn't find the article in English 

J-ai-tellement-peur-pour-vous-tous-Cyril

what a nothing! Why would someone do that??????

Surprising as the French are particularly respectful of privacy. This is like something out of the seventies. 

So many people say they are anti something but then think it's ok to take the piss.

We are after him. He's losing ALL his sponsors by the minute. Even Nestlé made a tweet condemning his actions and calling the bureau of media supervision to be more sensitive to the programs they allow to air. 

It's not his first time. I watched his show once (the most watched show in France) and i felt nauseous, it's very vulgar and agressive. This time it looks like he's going down !

22 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

We are after him. He's losing ALL his sponsors by the minute. Even Nestlé made a tweet condemning his actions and calling the bureau of media supervision to be more sensitive to the programs they allow to air. 

It's not his first time. I watched his show once (the most watched show in France) and i felt nauseous, it's very vulgar and agressive. This time it looks like he's going down !

:clap: He is a disgrace.  Hope he loses his job. 

11 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

:clap: He is a disgrace.  Hope he loses his job. 

It's getting momentum, the new minister of culture said she wants him sued. He lost more than half of his sponsors, even Glaad US made a petition against him. Tomorrow he is gonna be front page a 2 major newspaper condemning him.

But sadly one of the guys he mocked in his show was 19 y/o and his father recognized his voice, he wasn't out and the father threw him out he now lives with a relative. It just added even more hatred for Hanouna so this time he's surely going down. Even before that i hated him, he's awful. Not in a Piers Morgan way, he's the kind of guy whothinks making a female employee touch his dick is funny (this happenned).

What a scumbag. I tried to read some French articles about this through google translator but finally gave up because they didn't make any sense. :laugh:

So he thought this segment would be fun and hilarious and would actually bring people together and make them more accepting of homosexuals. Um yea, makes sense. Idiot.

On 2017-5-23 at 3:06 PM, Roland Barthes said:

I'm glad French people are responding like this. Well done! 

On 2017-5-22 at 8:07 AM, Hector said:

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/05/20/french-tv-host-makes-fake-gay-online-profile-to-mock-gay-men-live-on-tv/

French TV host makes fake gay online profile to mock gay men live on TV

35mnxxv.jpg

A French TV presenter has created a dating app and used it to mock gay people on live television. 

Touche Pas A Mon Poste presenter Cyril Hanouna created the fake profile and then pranked people who messaged him. 

In the segment on the programme Don’t Touch My TV Set, the presenter spoke to those who messaged him using overly camp gestures and feminine voices.

The people who were unaware that they were on the phone were coaxed into talking about their sexual fantasies. 

Hanna defended the incident and claimed that he was a staunch fighter against homophobia. 

“Homophobia is everything I’ve been fighting against for years, just like xenophobia, racism and misogyny, and today being called homophobic makes me feel really sad,” he said. 

Max Emerson was used as the picture for the online portfolio, and he has since condemned the “prank”.

Since going on air on Thursday, the CSA which regulates television standards has received numerous complaints about the segment of the show. 

SOS Homophobie, an association in France which protects gay people, has also made a formal complaint.

President of the organisation, Joël Deumier, deemed the segment “scandalous, shameful and homophobic”. 

“When you let people get away with behaviour like this, you trivialise homophobic discourse. 

“This sketch was deeply homophobic and you would have to be aware of it,” he said.

The show has received nearly 6,500 complaints in the last year. 

A group of French journalists who studied the show over a period of four weeks found that the show had mentioned homosexuality 42 times, and most often it was mentioned with the intention to “demean it”.

Love how the writer of the article was handed a mirror showing her ugly reflection in the comments, as she did the exact same thing for an article on Brexit: she created a fake profile on a gay app and took lots of screencaps for an article mocking gay people for their answers when asked if they were voting in or out.