Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums
Nikki

Madonna out n about in Portugal

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I did like this take on it, it gives a nice twist to the traditional full of saudade fado. 

Then, maybe you will enjoy Deolinda:


And Ana Moura (friends with Prince and Mick Jagger):

ANA-MOURA04_PRINCE%C2%A9rita-carmo.jpg335CC3AE00000578-3550920-In_harmony_The_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Marcello77 said:

M in Lisbon:

 

 

21552993_10213544728229577_352734942_n.jpg

21586005_10213544728029572_56173347_n.jpg

Always even more beautiful and radiant when she is in Europe! Love her 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the recommendations @Sky Fits Heaven ! (Many years ago I had a Portuguese boyfriend who I moved in with him to live in London and he loves Fado... I'm back in Mexico City so you might know how that went  :chuckle::chuckle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sky Fits Heaven said:

Then, maybe you will enjoy Deolinda:


And Ana Moura (friends with Prince and Mick Jagger):

ANA-MOURA04_PRINCE%C2%A9rita-carmo.jpg335CC3AE00000578-3550920-In_harmony_The_

 

Great choices :inlove:

She likes Dino D'Santiago.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More details on her Lisbon musical outings of late:

https://nit.pt/coolt/musica/madonna-passou-a-noite-em-alfama-a-ouvir-fado

Forget the international fairs, the promotions in the travel agencies or the millionaire publicity campaigns. Madonna, the latest inhabitant who has made it a point to show on social networks how passionate she is for her new city, is promoting the most of Lisbon's tourism at the moment.

On the night of this Saturday, September 9, the American star published a video showing that she went to Casa de Linhares in Alfama to listen to the fate of Vânia Duarte. Madonna says it's "so inspiring".

A day earlier, the singer had also passed through Lisbon's historic quarter to be enchanted by the warm Cape Verdean Dino D'Santiago. The natural musician from Quarteira made a version of the famous song "Sôdade" , by Cesária Évora, accompanied by Ricardo Toscano.

The performance was integrated into the Lisbon Living Room Sessions series, of concerts that take place in private houses in the center of Lisbon.

It remains to be seen how fado, PALOP's African rhythms and life in Lisbon will influence the work of Madonna, who in recent days has met with Vhils and shared an image of a work by Wasted Rita, another street artist who collaborates with the Underdogs Gallery.

In addition, Instagram has shown several graffiti and tags on the walls of Lisbon. It may be that we meet her at the Imminent Festival next weekend, September 15, 16 and 17 - an event of music and urban art curated by Vhils - in the Municipal Garden of Oeiras, just 15 minutes by train Alcantara, the neighborhood Madonna now calls home.

(translated from original article)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it makes me so happy to see her venturing out and exploring new territories (of culture as well)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/09/2017 at 6:05 PM, Rock said:

Madonna's suite (D. Carlos's suite) at Pestana Palace. They say that by February's end, her bill will probably be 500 thousand euros:

http://blitz.sapo.pt/principal/update/2017-08-31-Esta-e-a-nova-casa-de-Madonna-em-Lisboa-nos-proximos-seis-meses.-E-e-um-luxo-que-so-visto

mw-1600

mw-1600

mw-1600

mw-1600

mw-1600

I believe this article may be wrong, or she filmes herself in her kids room... You can notice the details of this one :

21150387_10155127825762979_6575457867938

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Benfica played Champions League last night. Did a loving soccer mum take her son to the stadium? I'm sure they can get tickets for every game if they want to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2017 at 6:17 PM, Suedehead said:

Always even more beautiful and radiant when she is in Europe! Love her 

It seems she is trying to get back in shape end shed some weight.

This puffy Madonna era is weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/09/2017 at 11:49 PM, Nightshade said:

More details on her Lisbon musical outings of late:

https://nit.pt/coolt/musica/madonna-passou-a-noite-em-alfama-a-ouvir-fado

Forget the international fairs, the promotions in the travel agencies or the millionaire publicity campaigns. Madonna, the latest inhabitant who has made it a point to show on social networks how passionate she is for her new city, is promoting the most of Lisbon's tourism at the moment.

On the night of this Saturday, September 9, the American star published a video showing that she went to Casa de Linhares in Alfama to listen to the fate of Vânia Duarte. Madonna says it's "so inspiring".

A day earlier, the singer had also passed through Lisbon's historic quarter to be enchanted by the warm Cape Verdean Dino D'Santiago. The natural musician from Quarteira made a version of the famous song "Sôdade" , by Cesária Évora, accompanied by Ricardo Toscano.

The performance was integrated into the Lisbon Living Room Sessions series, of concerts that take place in private houses in the center of Lisbon.

It remains to be seen how fado, PALOP's African rhythms and life in Lisbon will influence the work of Madonna, who in recent days has met with Vhils and shared an image of a work by Wasted Rita, another street artist who collaborates with the Underdogs Gallery.

In addition, Instagram has shown several graffiti and tags on the walls of Lisbon. It may be that we meet her at the Imminent Festival next weekend, September 15, 16 and 17 - an event of music and urban art curated by Vhils - in the Municipal Garden of Oeiras, just 15 minutes by train Alcantara, the neighborhood Madonna now calls home.

(translated from original article)

 

 

:bow:  :bow:  :inlove:  :wow: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A tv show sent a plane with a message flying over the hotel, asking her to come to their show

Screenshot_2017-09-15-01-28-04-1.png

Screenshot_2017-09-15-01-27-44-1.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gus said:

A tv show sent a plane with a message flying over the hotel, asking her to come to their show

Screenshot_2017-09-15-01-28-04-1.png

Screenshot_2017-09-15-01-27-44-1.png

 

:clap: talk about relevance!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

M in Lisbon on Monday I think? At least that's what the captain says. Must be nice to be able to take a walk with her kids without the papz chasing her... if thats really her, lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, cool_cris said:

M in Lisbon on Monday I think? At least that's what the captain says. Must be nice to be able to take a walk with her kids without the papz chasing her... if thats really her, lol

Something is off

the kids look older, the berret , the bodyguard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it's all very lovely but must be plenty to digest for the twins too. They've gone from a Malawi orphanage to New York townhouse to a Hotel in Portugal within six months

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Like2Watch said:

it's all very lovely but must be plenty to digest for the twins too. They've gone from a Malawi orphanage to New York townhouse to a Hotel in Portugal within six months

I wonder if they didnt adapted to the city life yet and thats one more reason why she is staying in lisbon now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Like2Watch said:

it's all very lovely but must be plenty to digest for the twins too. They've gone from a Malawi orphanage to New York townhouse to a Hotel in Portugal within six months

Poor them. It should have been more fitting to leave them in the orphanage... some ppl! They are great, they are one of the luckiest ppl in the world! From ppl with probably no opportunities they turned into ppl with countless possibilities with a great Mum that would teach them how to cope with life in an amazing way!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19.9.2017 at 8:49 PM, Like2Watch said:

it's all very lovely but must be plenty to digest for the twins too. They've gone from a Malawi orphanage to New York townhouse to a Hotel in Portugal within six months

Good thing is they are still very young, only four years old and can adapt very quickly to new situations. It's not so hard for children as long as their parents are with them and they feel protected and loved. it probably would be more of an issue with older children who are much more able to reflect and feel overwhelmed or confused. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently Cristiano Ronaldo tried to convince  Madonna to take David to 'Sporting' instead of 'Benfica'.

Also Turin and Barcelona(recommended by Shakira), were the other places Madonna considered going before deciding for Lisbon.

She picked Benfica because they were very discrete and they assured her that David would be treated as any other kid, no privileges.

"A discrição com que o processo decorreu, e o facto de o Benfica ter assegurado que David Banda seria tratado como qualquer outro aspirante a futebolista, fizeram com que Madonna escolhesse vir viver para Lisboa, em detrimento de Turim ou Barcelona, cidade que lhe tinha sido recomendada por Shakira.

Na sua visita ao Estádio da Luz, Madonna teve um "encontro informal" com Luís Filipe Vieira, presidente do clube. E chegou a receber um contacto de Cristiano Ronaldo, que tentou convencê-la a trocar o clube da Luz pelo Sporting.

"Depois de se tornar público que o rapaz estava a treinar no Benfica, Cristiano Ronaldo telefonou à cantora para lhe falar na possibilidade de o jovem optar pela Academia de Alcochete, [sugerindo] mesmo uma conversa entre Madonna e o presidente do Sporting, Bruno de Carvalho. Os dois terão falado ao telefone, mas a decisão da cantora não se alterou", reporta a revista."

http://blitz.sapo.pt/principal/update/2017-09-21-Cristiano-Ronaldo-quis-levar-filho-de-Madonna-para-o-Sporting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These images are part of the popular portuguese late night show "5 Para a Meia Noite". The second one is probably a sketch from tonight's show, as they's been advertising it saying that they have some infos about Madonna's life in Portugal. 

On 15/09/2017 at 5:33 AM, Gus said:

A tv show sent a plane with a message flying over the hotel, asking her to come to their show

Screenshot_2017-09-15-01-28-04-1.png

Screenshot_2017-09-15-01-27-44-1.png

On 19/09/2017 at 7:33 PM, cool_cris said:

M in Lisbon on Monday I think? At least that's what the captain says. Must be nice to be able to take a walk with her kids without the papz chasing her... if thats really her, lol

This next video is very interesting: http://videos.impresa.pt/sicnot/2017-09-18/e1e88291-c01e-4e95-be55-4e2ba35d5ffa_madonna/net_wide

They did a tour through the portuguese places where Madonna have been. The old ladies neighbors are the best:

Reporter - What if she moves to here?
Old Lady 1- I'm indiferent. It's up to her.
Reporter - It's a good place ("boa (good) zona (place)" in portuguese, but... if we say it fast, joining the words, it becomes "boazona" which means "sexy woman").
Old Lady 1 - It's a boazona. :lol:

Old Lady 2 - I didn't know that she's been around here.
Reporter - You didn't know?
Old Lady 2 - No, I didn't. But since she have so much money, she can buy the whole Lisbon.
Reporter - And is she welcome here to the neighborhod (bairro)?
Old Lady 2 - Look, as long as she doesn't do nothing wrong and brings progress, she's welcome.

The reporter (plus a magazine article) say that the house have 4 rooms, 7 bathrooms, a private garden, a big salon and a garage with space for 20 cars :manson: . It's price is 7,5 million euros.

And I must say something about the urban myth that there aren't paparazzis in Portugal: yes, there are. They may not be that invasive, but they exist. I have a magazine where Madonna's paparazzis pictures appears as soon as at the 4 and 5 page. It's her in the Lisbon night and inside a Tesla SUV Model X car. I'm not sure if these cars are up for seeling in Portugal already,  the only news I found out were that Tesla had its first stand in Lisbon last April and that they wanted to open a store in the second semester of the year, but I don't know if they have already open it or not. This is the car from Madonna's picture:

maxresdefault.jpg

Other magazine says that Madonna does not want to buy the Sintra's house anymore because of the wind and the humidity so usual in the town. However, they say that she will only be in Pestana Palace till early November and not for six months :scared:. Per night, she pays 2500 euros for her suite and 1050 euros for the kids one. They also say that the hotel breakfast service ends at 11 am and that's when Madonna and her staff come down to eat, when the other guests are gone:lmao:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watch loads of other celebs follow in Madonna's footsteps by moving over to Lisbon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Muito Bom!!! 

Nice video! 

She looks so petite on that picture! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rock said:

These images are part of the popular portuguese late night show "5 Para a Meia Noite". The second one is probably a sketch from tonight's show, as they's been advertising it saying that they have some infos about Madonna's life in Portugal. 

This next video is very interesting: http://videos.impresa.pt/sicnot/2017-09-18/e1e88291-c01e-4e95-be55-4e2ba35d5ffa_madonna/net_wide

They did a tour through the portuguese places where Madonna have been. The old ladies neighbors are the best:

Reporter - What if she moves to here?
Old Lady 1- I'm indiferent. It's up to her.
Reporter - It's a good place ("boa (good) zona (place)" in portuguese, but... if we say it fast, joining the words, it becomes "boazona" which means "sexy woman").
Old Lady 1 - It's a boazona. :lol:

Old Lady 2 - I didn't know that she's been around here.
Reporter - You didn't know?
Old Lady 2 - No, I didn't. But since she have so much money, she can buy the whole Lisbon.
Reporter - And is she welcome here to the neighborhod (bairro)?
Old Lady 2 - Look, as long as she doesn't do nothing wrong and brings progress, she's welcome.

The reporter (plus a magazine article) say that the house have 4 rooms, 7 bathrooms, a private garden, a big salon and a garage with space for 20 cars :manson: . It's price is 7,5 million euros.

And I must say something about the urban myth that there aren't paparazzis in Portugal: yes, there are. They may not be that invasive, but they exist. I have a magazine where Madonna's paparazzis pictures appears as soon as at the 4 and 5 page. It's her in the Lisbon night and inside a Tesla SUV Model X car. I'm not sure if these cars are up for seeling in Portugal already,  the only news I found out were that Tesla had its first stand in Lisbon last April and that they wanted to open a store in the second semester of the year, but I don't know if they have already open it or not. This is the car from Madonna's picture:

maxresdefault.jpg

Other magazine says that Madonna does not want to buy the Sintra's house anymore because of the wind and the humidity so usual in the town. However, they say that she will only be in Pestana Palace till early November and not for six months :scared:. Per night, she pays 2500 euros for her suite and 1050 euros for the kids one. They also say that the hotel breakfast service ends at 11 am and that's when Madonna and her staff come down to eat, when the other guests are gone:lmao:.

The reportage is so accurate.. the places are so quiet..I love them..same for the folks..:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pedro said:

Muito Bom!!! 

Nice video! 

She looks so petite on that picture! 

Funny you’re saying “muito bom”... I’m Brazilian, US based and my father in law who’s Mexican like you loves to say MUITO BOM... I think it’s the only  expression in Portuguese  I taught him and he’s able to remember! Haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, FeTuoni said:

Funny you’re saying “muito bom”... I’m Brazilian, US based and my father in law who’s Mexican like you loves to say MUITO BOM... I think it’s the only  expression in Portuguese  I taught him and he’s able to remember! Haha

😂😂 Had a Portuguese boyfriend who I moved to London with, then a Brazilian bf, been in Brazil like 5 times for New Years (OMG!!!), studied Portuguese for a while and I guess your country is my favorite ever! ❤️ 🇧🇷 Never been in Portugal though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Pedro said:

😂😂 Had a Portuguese boyfriend who I moved to London with, then a Brazilian bf, been in Brazil like 5 times for New Years (OMG!!!), studied Portuguese for a while and I guess your country is my favorite ever! ❤️ 🇧🇷 Never been in Portugal though. 

Wow.. that’s a cool story. I’ve never been to Mexico, would love to go! Well I guess you’re half Brazilian by now! Muito bom! 😆😆😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, FeTuoni said:

Wow.. that’s a cool story. I’ve never been to Mexico, would love to go! Well I guess you’re half Brazilian by now! Muito bom! 😆😆😆

Muito obrigado cara :kiss2: welcome to Mexico if you decide to come! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×