MadonnaNation.com Forums
Nikki

Madonna in Lisbon, Portugal

Starman    0
15 hours ago, elijah said:

David is playing for Benfica. She is simply great mother who is going to live where he is. It's great that it's in gorgeous Portugal! I was there a month ago and I m madly in love!

Yes, she has the money to "LIVE" anywhere and has always been constantly travelling anyway

jonski43    0
8 hours ago, Pedro said:

:inlove:

I'm here for Fadonna! 

21st century la Isla Bonita!

spotlight    0
11 hours ago, Marcello77 said:

M in Lisbon:

21552993_10213544728229577_352734942_n.jpg

21586005_10213544728029572_56173347_n.jpg

She looks so happy

:inlove::inlove:

spotlight    0
10 hours ago, tuckeye said:

what language do they speak there again?

They speak Brazilian. :madgemanson:

:chuckle::chuckle:

14 hours ago, tuckeye said:

what language do they speak there again?

HUmkoik3UduMM.gif

Portuguese is usually listed as the sixth most natively spoken language in the world, the third-most spoken European language in the world in terms of native speakers,[9] and a major language of the Southern Hemisphere. It is also the most spoken language in South America and the second-most spoken in Latin America after Spanish, and is an official language of the European Union, Mercosul, OAS, ECOWAS and the African Union.

But don't worry, you wilk speak it fluently after listening the opening track of M14: "Portuguese Lesson".

12 hours ago, Pedro said:

That's an oldie, but done in a very new school way (aka happy). In its roots, Fado is sad. The closer that Madonna ever got to it in her discography was Frozen.

Some of my favs:

Mariza - O Tempo Não Pára (so sad :imsad:)

Mariza - Oh Gente Da Minha Terra (an instant classic)

Dulce Pontes - Canção Do Mar (original from Amália Rodrigues, but this cover's popularity is bigger) 

Pedro    0
1 minute ago, Sky Fits Heaven said:

That's an oldie, but done in a very new school way (aka happy). In its roots, Fado is sad. The closer that Madonna ever got to it in her discography was Frozen.

I did like this take on it, it gives a nice twist to the traditional full of saudade fado. 

2 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I did like this take on it, it gives a nice twist to the traditional full of saudade fado. 

Then, maybe you will enjoy Deolinda:

And Ana Moura (friends with Prince and Mick Jagger):

ANA-MOURA04_PRINCE%C2%A9rita-carmo.jpg335CC3AE00000578-3550920-In_harmony_The_

Suedehead    0
15 hours ago, Marcello77 said:

M in Lisbon:

21552993_10213544728229577_352734942_n.jpg

21586005_10213544728029572_56173347_n.jpg

Always even more beautiful and radiant when she is in Europe! Love her 

Pedro    0

Thank you for the recommendations @Sky Fits Heaven ! (Many years ago I had a Portuguese boyfriend who I moved in with him to live in London and he loves Fado... I'm back in Mexico City so you might know how that went  :chuckle::chuckle:

Daisy Cobb    0
5 hours ago, Sky Fits Heaven said:

Then, maybe you will enjoy Deolinda:

And Ana Moura (friends with Prince and Mick Jagger):

ANA-MOURA04_PRINCE%C2%A9rita-carmo.jpg335CC3AE00000578-3550920-In_harmony_The_

Great choices :inlove:

She likes Dino D'Santiago.

Nightshade    0

More details on her Lisbon musical outings of late:

https://nit.pt/coolt/musica/madonna-passou-a-noite-em-alfama-a-ouvir-fado

Forget the international fairs, the promotions in the travel agencies or the millionaire publicity campaigns. Madonna, the latest inhabitant who has made it a point to show on social networks how passionate she is for her new city, is promoting the most of Lisbon's tourism at the moment.

On the night of this Saturday, September 9, the American star published a video showing that she went to Casa de Linhares in Alfama to listen to the fate of Vânia Duarte. Madonna says it's "so inspiring".

A day earlier, the singer had also passed through Lisbon's historic quarter to be enchanted by the warm Cape Verdean Dino D'Santiago. The natural musician from Quarteira made a version of the famous song "Sôdade" , by Cesária Évora, accompanied by Ricardo Toscano.

The performance was integrated into the Lisbon Living Room Sessions series, of concerts that take place in private houses in the center of Lisbon.

It remains to be seen how fado, PALOP's African rhythms and life in Lisbon will influence the work of Madonna, who in recent days has met with Vhils and shared an image of a work by Wasted Rita, another street artist who collaborates with the Underdogs Gallery.

In addition, Instagram has shown several graffiti and tags on the walls of Lisbon. It may be that we meet her at the Imminent Festival next weekend, September 15, 16 and 17 - an event of music and urban art curated by Vhils - in the Municipal Garden of Oeiras, just 15 minutes by train Alcantara, the neighborhood Madonna now calls home.

(translated from original article)

it makes me so happy to see her venturing out and exploring new territories (of culture as well)

On 05/09/2017 at 6:05 PM, Rock said:

Madonna's suite (D. Carlos's suite) at Pestana Palace. They say that by February's end, her bill will probably be 500 thousand euros:

http://blitz.sapo.pt/principal/update/2017-08-31-Esta-e-a-nova-casa-de-Madonna-em-Lisboa-nos-proximos-seis-meses.-E-e-um-luxo-que-so-visto

mw-1600

mw-1600

mw-1600

mw-1600

mw-1600

I believe this article may be wrong, or she filmes herself in her kids room... You can notice the details of this one :

21150387_10155127825762979_6575457867938

Lolo    0

Benfica played Champions League last night. Did a loving soccer mum take her son to the stadium? I'm sure they can get tickets for every game if they want to. 

Colorhue    0
On 10/9/2017 at 6:17 PM, Suedehead said:

Always even more beautiful and radiant when she is in Europe! Love her 

It seems she is trying to get back in shape end shed some weight.

This puffy Madonna era is weird.

XXL    0
On 10/09/2017 at 11:49 PM, Nightshade said:

More details on her Lisbon musical outings of late:

https://nit.pt/coolt/musica/madonna-passou-a-noite-em-alfama-a-ouvir-fado

Forget the international fairs, the promotions in the travel agencies or the millionaire publicity campaigns. Madonna, the latest inhabitant who has made it a point to show on social networks how passionate she is for her new city, is promoting the most of Lisbon's tourism at the moment.

On the night of this Saturday, September 9, the American star published a video showing that she went to Casa de Linhares in Alfama to listen to the fate of Vânia Duarte. Madonna says it's "so inspiring".

A day earlier, the singer had also passed through Lisbon's historic quarter to be enchanted by the warm Cape Verdean Dino D'Santiago. The natural musician from Quarteira made a version of the famous song "Sôdade" , by Cesária Évora, accompanied by Ricardo Toscano.

The performance was integrated into the Lisbon Living Room Sessions series, of concerts that take place in private houses in the center of Lisbon.

It remains to be seen how fado, PALOP's African rhythms and life in Lisbon will influence the work of Madonna, who in recent days has met with Vhils and shared an image of a work by Wasted Rita, another street artist who collaborates with the Underdogs Gallery.

In addition, Instagram has shown several graffiti and tags on the walls of Lisbon. It may be that we meet her at the Imminent Festival next weekend, September 15, 16 and 17 - an event of music and urban art curated by Vhils - in the Municipal Garden of Oeiras, just 15 minutes by train Alcantara, the neighborhood Madonna now calls home.

(translated from original article)

:bow:  :bow:  :inlove:  :wow: 

Gus    0

A tv show sent a plane with a message flying over the hotel, asking her to come to their show

Screenshot_2017-09-15-01-28-04-1.png

Screenshot_2017-09-15-01-27-44-1.png

Pedro    0
5 hours ago, Gus said:

A tv show sent a plane with a message flying over the hotel, asking her to come to their show

Screenshot_2017-09-15-01-28-04-1.png

Screenshot_2017-09-15-01-27-44-1.png

:clap: talk about relevance!!! 

cool_cris    0

M in Lisbon on Monday I think? At least that's what the captain says. Must be nice to be able to take a walk with her kids without the papz chasing her... if thats really her, lol

Starman    0
7 minutes ago, cool_cris said:

M in Lisbon on Monday I think? At least that's what the captain says. Must be nice to be able to take a walk with her kids without the papz chasing her... if thats really her, lol

Something is off

the kids look older, the berret , the bodyguard