Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums
Nikki

Madonna in Lisbon, Portugal

Recommended Posts

The last news are that M is interested (again) in Quinta Do Relógio, a 1860's palace, in Paço De Arcos (Lisbon's zone), that served as a residence to King Fernando II. Its gross area is 1600 square meters and the land area more than five thousand. It is close to the sea, have 7 rooms, 3 bathrooms and a garage for 4 cars. Its price? 15 million euros. The sheer size and the fact that it is so close to the ocean raises maintenance costs. That is why António de Lacerda, the owner, lawyer by profession, decided to sell it.

And on the 26th of September he thought he had finally made a deal. "Madonna's secretary came in at her Tesla - a huge, electric car, not seen many - to visit the palace. "She said she liked it, that she had seen the photos and that she wanted it", the owner told to Visão magazine. However, Madonna's representative, Rodrigo dos Santos, explained that the singer wanted to live in the palace for a year, "for the experience", and then decide the purchase, offering as a counterpart works to improve the house. "But I do not know if she would  spent a million euros or a thousand euros on these improvements. For me, it's a risk. She really liked the property, the secretary told me, but then I had to make a minimally acceptable proposal" explains António de Lacerda. "I got the idea that she does not want a definite thing. She wants to rent, not buy," António de Lacerda concludes.

Here you can see a lot of pictures from the palace's inside and outside:
http://www.sothebysrealtypt.com/imoveis/palacete-7-quartos-oeiras-paco-de-arcos_pt_1562

Sources:
http://blitz.sapo.pt/principal/update/2017-10-20-Madonna-quer-morar-a-experiencia-em-palacete-do-seculo-XIX
http://visao.sapo.pt/actualidade/sociedade/2017-10-19-Madonna-quer-viver-a-borla-em-palacete-de-Paco-de-Arcos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also have a magazine with a full M's page, saying that John Legend did a show in Lisbon last Saturday and he had dinner with Madonna at October 13, at the Level Eight Roof Top Bar & Lounge (a very in space), in Lisbon. It was reserved from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m., and only authorized people could go there. There were securities in the entrance and the local employers had to give their cell phones. This is the spot:

rooftop-bar.jpg
hotel.jpg
28177137_BINARY_GI20170606_GONCALO_VILLA
28177126_BINARY_GI20170606_GONCALO_VILLA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting, I do believe that her living in Lisbon is temporary and well if she’s planning to get a place for one year I think that it could work for her and inspire her while David settles in Lisbon and gets used to it.

I wonder if M will treat her Portuguese fans with a special intimate show somehow later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Rock said:

I also have a magazine with a full M's page, saying that John Legend did a show in Lisbon last Saturday and he had dinner with Madonna at October 13, at the Level Eight Roof Top Bar & Lounge (a very in space), in Lisbon. It was reserved from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m., and only authorized people could go there. There were securities in the entrance and the local employers had to give their cell phones. This is the spot:


]

28177126_BINARY_GI20170606_GONCALO_VILLA

Madonna went dark again looks so young and happy dating an oder man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 million for that? You can already see from the pictures that it takes a many millions to bring this place back to its former glory inside and outside and it will take a few years considering that much has to be restored under preservation guidelines. Historical buildings can turn into real nightmares and money pits. I understand why she is hesitant. And what about this highway  in front of it. Too bad there are not many pictures of the grounds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the Portuguese speaking guys on this Forum, this video made me laugh a lot.

They want to turn Madonna in a portuguese 'Mariadonna' :chuckle:

Edited by lautert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Portugal is an attractive tax haven for wealthy expats. Is this the real reason for the big move? Or is she seeking new inspiration? Or both..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Like2Watch said:

Portugal is an attractive tax haven for wealthy expats. Is this the real reason for the big move? Or is she seeking new inspiration? Or both..

No

Shes there cause of David, he is in a big football school thing (forgot the name). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

David is like 10 and it's nice that he has a hobby but I doubt that's why she moved. Of course she can do whatever she wants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Like2Watch said:

David is like 10 and it's nice that he has a hobby but I doubt that's why she moved. Of course she can do whatever she wants.

So after 35 years of being filthy rich, she decides now to go to Portugal for tax haven? Lol

https://www.thenational.ae/world/europe/madonna-moves-to-lisbon-to-help-son-david-become-a-football-star-1.624727

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mmmmm said:

So after 35 years of being filthy rich, she decides now to go to Portugal for tax haven? Lol

https://www.thenational.ae/world/europe/madonna-moves-to-lisbon-to-help-son-david-become-a-football-star-1.624727

I think it’s really because she’s planning on becoming an outlaw and extradition laws in Portugal are softer than in other parts of the world... 😜 And obviously the tax refund of David’s tuition at Benfica in the airport’s international counter, now that she’s flying coach to save some more money, naturally💰 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pedro said:

I think it’s really because she’s planning on becoming an outlaw and extradition laws in Portugal are softer than in other parts of the world... 😜 And obviously the tax refund of David’s tuition at Benfica in the airport’s international counter, now that she’s flying coach to save some more money, naturally💰 

 

1 minute ago, jasray said:

😂

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Like2Watch said:

David is like 10 and it's nice that he has a hobby but I doubt that's why she moved. Of course she can do whatever she wants.

Professional Football is a VERY serious thing in Europe. U don't get signed 2 a club like Benfica cuz it's a hobby :lol: Neither do u get in cuz u have a famous mother.

It's a big big business with contracts that go beyond anything anyone could ever make with a Live Nation deal, and they start out young.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I think it’s really because she’s planning on becoming an outlaw and extradition laws in Portugal are softer than in other parts of the world... 😜 And obviously the tax refund of David’s tuition at Benfica in the airport’s international counter, now that she’s flying coach to save some more money, naturally💰 

Of course she is putting the tax benefits that she will get before the interest and the future of David, a boy she took from  Malawi just because she was casually there 11 years ago :) I am  IRONIC, naturally 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, systemvalues said:

Of course she is putting the tax benefits that she will get before the interest and the future of David, a boy she took from  Malawi just because she was casually there 11 years ago :) I am  IRONIC, naturally 😜

This is because tax benefits where not like expected 😂😂😂 and the twins where promised a NYC Mansion and they now have to live in a palace in Lisbon... 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Pedro said:

This is because tax benefits where not like expected 😂😂😂 and the twins where promised a NYC Mansion and they now have to live in a palace in Lisbon... 

 

M can be so greedy and selfish sometimes..lol 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, systemvalues said:

M can be so greedy and selfish sometimes..lol 😂

:chuckle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, acko said:

Professional Football is a VERY serious thing in Europe. U don't get signed 2 a club like Benfica cuz it's a hobby :lol: Neither do u get in cuz u have a famous mother.

It's a big big business with contracts that go beyond anything anyone could ever make with a Live Nation deal, and they start out young.

Exactly!

madonna-gif-14.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×