Orion

Is the RH era reminiscent of old school Madonna?

61 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, karbatal said:

Once again,  people with less than 100 posts are negative. I don't have patience anymore. Fuck off. 

ehm....everyone must start somewhere, you probably had less than 100 posts once at a time too didn't you. I thought RHT was weak compared to MDNA, yes and like you I am allowed to voice my own opinion. As for being negative, since when am I obligated to love everything Madonna does?

Just now, cynthia said:

ehm....everyone must start somewhere, you probably had less than 100 posts once at a time too didn't you. I thought RHT was weak compared to MDNA, yes and like you I am allowed to voice my own opinion. As for being negative, since when am I obligated to love everything Madonna does?

tumblr_inline_opynbkbIiv1r63chl_400.gif

17 minutes ago, karbatal said:

tumblr_inline_opynbkbIiv1r63chl_400.gif

:lmao:

7 hours ago, cynthia said:

exactly. after coming off MDNA everything seemed meh. that album had 3 AMAZING videos, an amazing shoot, amazing art direction, and probably her best tour ever. that was an era i didnt want to end. if only the tour would've been pushed so we could've had tv performances.

1 hour ago, Showdown said:

exactly. after coming off MDNA everything seemed meh. that album had 3 AMAZING videos, an amazing shoot, amazing art direction, and probably her best tour ever. that was an era i didnt want to end. if only the tour would've been pushed so we could've had tv performances.

Will you stop speaking with yourself?  Really,  this is embarrassing.  

12 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Will you stop speaking with yourself?  Really,  this is embarrassing.  

why are you being so rude? does that make you clever or something? or lemme guess, you'll post a gif that you think is "funny". this is a forum, if you think everyone shares the same opinion then you don't know the purpose of a board. im not even trying to persuade people to share my opinion, just simply stating it.

On 16/5/2017 at 9:05 PM, Orion said:

While I think it was a new era and another wonderful evolution for her, it also had an old school vibe to it.

1. TOUR: it reminded me so much of the Virgin/WTG tours, especially the second. The interaction with the audience, people singing along, the show itself was more of a "concert".
  2. HER WORK ETHIC: She gave her all in everything she did during the era....album, promotion, tour, the fabulous videos, she really FELT this whole era/project. The promo performances/interviews helped restoring and re-connecting her to the general public.
  3. THE MUSIC ITSELF: Her renewed inspiration is evident in the album/demos, musically this era was an explosion of creativity. The melodies, the bridges, the lyrics are all reminiscent of old school Madonna genius. Who creates a song like Inside Out or Wash All Over Me after 33 years of career and 12 studio albums? NO ONE. Some of her best work is in the RH album. Also, the album had something post-Music albums lacked: warmth. 
  4. LOOKS: The iconic looks/outfits/appearences/photoshoots were back, let's face it. How many iconic looks has she served during this era? It's unbelievable, from the brilliant matador reinvention to the controversial 2016 Met Gala. Not to mention that when I looked at some pictures I could recognize the LAV girl :clap::inlove: queen of never aging. 

Because of all of these points I think the people who bought RH will buy the next record and those who went to the RH Tour will go to the next tour for sure ;) so I would not worry about future continuing success.

I know we've been a little bit sad in Madonnaland these past few weeks because of some bitter divas dissing her and trying to re-write history....so I decided to look at the positive side of this (endless) RH era that will last forever in people's hearts, unlike those witches who are already forgotten (or were never remembered in the first place) :chuckle: :brenspin:

Do you agree? 

giphy.gif

Amen to all babe. She really went out of her way with this project and for anyone who's been around for so long and could very easily get bored, complacent or lazy, that in itself says it all. So proud as a fan and grateful that we still can access her work and enjoy her work in the capacity we still can. She's a walking treasure trove of life-affirming inspiration

14 hours ago, XXL said:

Amen to all babe. She really went out of her way with this project and for anyone who's been around for so long and could very easily get bored, complacent or lazy, that in itself says it all. So proud as a fan and grateful that we still can access her work and enjoy her work in the capacity we still can. She's a walking treasure trove of life-affirming inspiration

tumblr_inline_olu0jtkofN1see9xq_500.gif

21 hours ago, karbatal said:

Will you stop speaking with yourself?

YTkVcKz.gif

Kind of interesting how most of the "well, i'm not trying to be hater but let me list everything i hate about Madonna" posters are always newbs with like 20 posts.

Anyways, it's funny this thread was made because I was just thinking yesterday about how awesome Rebel Heart was and how much work went into the project. I just wish we could have gotten the era without leaks.