MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Suedehead

MDNA Tour: the 'lost' tour for a documentary

Can you imagine 2 hours of this documentary

It clearly was a 'troubled' and 'difficult' tour not just for her (obviously) but also for the crew. Very challenging physically, mentally, emotionally. 

OMG I LOVE THIS TOUR SO MUCH 

TRAILBLAZER

I found this fascinating 

remember the leaked footage of madonna giving information to the choreographer and dancer and video editors? those videos alone are more interesting than the quickly edited mdna doc. (sorry but it's not anything special. those quick cuts do nothing  )

in one of the videos she talked to a famous photographer or director who did the "best friend" video that nathan filmed. it's not on youtube for some reason but I found it one time on another video site like dailymotion or vimeo. I forgot the title so I cant find it anymore now.

29 minutes ago, Nikki said:

remember the leaked footage of madonna giving information to the choreographer and dancer and video editors? those videos alone are more interesting than the quickly edited mdna doc. (sorry but it's not anything special. those quick cuts do nothing  )

in one of the videos she talked to a famous photographer or director who did the "best friend" video that nathan filmed. it's not on youtube for some reason but I found it one time on another video site like dailymotion or vimeo. I forgot the title so I cant find it anymore now.

We'll start looking, cuz I wanna c :D

40 minutes ago, Gus said:

YES!!! I need to save this somehow.. I can never find it online. she's such a professional but I notice people find her a little intimidating. i love it. Also notice the other videos on the sidebar @acko where she's rehearsing ggw, tutr and oyh, and the birthday party

Crying

The cigars.... as much as I like licking cigars, it doesn't work.. it''s too sexual and it doesn't work with what they're doing.. you need to take all of them out

I love her so much

I can't believe I've lived all these years without watching this footage

My life will never be the same again 

I love this tour, one of her very best.  The documentary would have been so interesting, especially since her children were so involved with this one.

everytime I see this:

it makes me want to CRY

those long crane shots are just magnificient... they make you feel like you're on stage with her and it really shows how awesome the stage and the whole set-up were

such potential, all wasted by the insane editing.....
WHAT A SHAME

Why wasn't any of this footage used in the blu ray 

38 minutes ago, cocolattee said:

everytime I see this:

it makes me want to CRY

those long crane shots are just magnificient... they make you feel like you're on stage with her and it really shows how awesome the stage and the whole set-up were

WHAT A SHAME

Best we can hope for is for the full Paris show to leak i guess

3 hours ago, Suedehead said:

The cigars.... as much as I like licking cigars, it doesn't work.. it''s too sexual and it doesn't work with what they're doing.. you need to take all of them out

I love her so much

I can't believe I've lived all these years without watching this footage

My life will never be the same again 

it's a real view on how she works behind the scenes. unfiltered & the truth. i love it.

I'd watch a doc on the technical aspects of the tour -- the stage design, the costumes, the choreography, etc. -- rather a doc of M's life during this era. I've always wanted to see more of the technical parts of the process, and this would have been the best tour to do it. A doc about M's life during this time would just be about her fucking and then breaking up with a dancer and the problems behind the scenes that caused. It would be so Kardashian. No thanks.

The real "lost doc" of her career is Drowned World -- first tour in eight years, first tour with kids, a critical darling for the first time in her career, at one of her greatest peaks commercially. Madonna 1998-2001 is the greatest comeback in music history. And being almost exactly a decade after "TOD" and with her greatest hits album just around the corner, it would have been a perfect bookend to the second decade of her career.

17 hours ago, Suedehead said:

OMG I LOVE THIS TOUR SO MUCH 

UM THIS TOUR SET THE NEW TEMPLATE, LIKE BAT & DWT DID BEFORE....

RH was cute though.... :fag:

@Nikki thank u!!!! :kiss2:

7 hours ago, Gus said:

Best we can hope for is for the full Paris show to leak i guess

you can see Andy Cohen losing his shit here......as well as Anderson Cooper...and Jean Paul Gaultier.

8 hours ago, cocolattee said:

everytime I see this:

it makes me want to CRY

WHAT A SHAME

Thank you for posting! Looked around for this clip & was never able to find it. 

You're right about the crane shots looking AMAZING.

OMG, I had forgotten how upset I should b at that official recording MESS.

Wonderful clips u guys...

8 hours ago, material_boy said:

I'd watch a doc on the technical aspects of the tour -- the stage design, the costumes, the choreography, etc. -- rather a doc of M's life during this era. I've always wanted to see more of the technical parts of the process, and this would have been the best tour to do it. A doc about M's life during this time would just be about her fucking and then breaking up with a dancer and the problems behind the scenes that caused. It would be so Kardashian. No thanks.

The real "lost doc" of her career is Drowned World -- first tour in eight years, first tour with kids, a critical darling for the first time in her career, at one of her greatest peaks commercially. Madonna 1998-2001 is the greatest comeback in music history. And being almost exactly a decade after "TOD" and with her greatest hits album just around the corner, it would have been a perfect bookend to the second decade of her career.

This a 💯 ! A DWT docu would have been perfect. With all the facts you mentioned AND with Nikki and Donna. Really a missed chance. 

Thanks @Gus for the link, I've never seen that before, it's so incredible! She's a genius. 

Worst speach ever on the DVD. Everyone has taken their mdma? Not funny.

2 hours ago, Bat-Fan said:

Worst speach ever on the DVD. Everyone has taken their mdma? Not funny.

🙄

All the drama, prejudice and hate she faced and witnessed, the political statements and argues, church, guns, blood on the eyebrow, scenario that doesn't come, physical stress, whatever more, would give an amazing deep and intense documentary (almost) like TOD maybe

as a dancer/performer I love the auditions and workshop things, I respect that work.

but there's a lot more to see

She might have behind the scenes footage filmed for every tour SOMEWHERE, we may never know!

Can somebody GIF that Vogue Crane shot from 0:48 please?