Mensch

Unofficial (probably illegal) "Two Steps Behind Me" demo briefly appeared on Itunes

288 posts in this topic

Its copyrighted to Madonna.

1 minute ago, Toni said:

Its copyrighted to Madonna.

There's no trace of this song on the US copyright database. It's a stolen demo that some chancer is making money off of. It's pretty obvious.

I know this is not official, but lets make this #1. Let Madonna know how much we miss new music from her.

Let's not. 

10 minutes ago, Kim said:

There's no trace of this song on the US copyright database. It's a stolen demo that some chancer is making money off of. It's pretty obvious.

That's crazy. I mean its on iTunes with her name as the copywriter. How many checks do a fan base need to do before buying a song?

Is Madonna's team even out of bed yet?

3 minutes ago, karbatal said:

These are good numbers... 

Yea, no promo (obviously) so I think she's doing well :D

And that Guido person... Was he involved in the demo?????  

If only he had released a brand new remix... 

59 minutes ago, jazzyjan said:

Her management still have not said anything.  Such a farce. What are they doing ? 

Her friend O'Seary has done nothing despite being tweeted like spam. 

7 minutes ago, karbatal said:

And that Guido person... Was he involved in the demo?????  

If only he had released a brand new remix... 

I thought it would be some amateur bootleg remix when people were talking about it yesterday. I didn't realise it was already out and was just a direct lift of the leaked demo. This Guido nobody is probably the person who uploaded it and is making money from it.

5 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

Her friend O'Seary has done nothing despite being tweeted like spam. 

What are the legalities though? Do they need to prove that they have ownership before iTunes will take it down? How do you prove you own a stolen song? And why is iTunes STILL full of the Dallas/Fukuoka/London concerts featuring her songs? There's some legal loophole going on somewhere I think.

1 hour ago, Royal T said:

I know this is not official, but lets make this #1. Let Madonna know how much we miss new music from her.

1 hour ago, Kim said:

Let's not. 

This. 

The digital era is a bit of a mess for this kind of stuff.

To give you an example, many currently out of print albums by 80s / 90s Venezuelan pop acts have been uploaded to all digital platforms by a "label" called Mundo Digital USA. Many times it's just YouTube rips sourced from vinyl, others use altered tracklistings and artwork, incorrect titles, I guess this is all because the "label"  probably doesn't even have the album and has to take what's available online and try to pass it off as a legitimate release. Sometimes they would use the cover of an album but fill up the tracklist with songs from other albums, even from different eras where the artist was signed to a different label. Mess.

And I've spoken to some of the artists and they say they can't do anything because the label that released them back in the day owns the recordings so the artist cannot make them available officially yet the same label doesn't care enough to upload them themselves or do anything regarding the unofficial releases clogging up the digital services. Rings a bell?

every single one of us should download it if only for being a much needed WAKE UP CALL to her and her team
seriously, if they don't give a sh*t about all this happening then why should we????

the song has been there for DAYS

It's even on Tidal, which is co-owned by M herself :dead:

5 minutes ago, cocolattee said:

every single one of us should download it if only for being a much needed WAKE UP CALL to her and her team
seriously, if they don't give a sh*t about all this happening then why should we????

the song has been there for DAYS

She doesn't have a team anymore.

There's probably nothing anyone can do about it if it's not infringing on any copyright.

If it was losing THEM money they might act. That it loses her fans money? well they couldn't care less.

It took them almost a week to take down the Girlie Show Fukuoka bootleg a few months ago...

21 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

LMFAO

IMG_6480.PNG

tenor.gif

funny-gif-troll-of-the-dat-rain.gif

1 minute ago, Kim said:

I just randomly clicked on one in iTunes earlier today after typing in "Madonna"  They're everywhere.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/legendary-fm-broadcasts-fukuoka-dome-fukuoka-japan/id1219315934

wow...you'd think they would be able to prevent this from happening these days with all the copyright laws/ companies/ lawyers/ etc...

time to finally ditch USELESS Guy O. I don't care if he was good to fans or whatever

Just now, Gus said:

wow...you'd think they would be able to prevent this from happening these days with all the copyright laws/ companies/ lawyers/ etc...

Amazon is full of them, all from different 'record companies', some of them sold direct from Amazon. Back in the day you had to go to record fairs to find elusive and good quality bootlegs. Nowadays anyone with a CD burner can have a nice little sideline. It's shocking how inept they are at stopping it.

3 hours ago, loowee said:

Bitch I'm SCREAMING.

1. Her fans are actually buying it and made it on iTunes Top 100 everywhere.

2. The Rebel Heart era remains MESSY as fuck after TWO years.

3. The ugly artwork won't make you question the legitimacy of this release because her official single covers are just as bad.

4. This has been sitting on iTunes for DAYS and her team (if existent) is still unaware of it.

Image result for hollering laughing

R-6643217-1423797541-2899.jpeg.jpg

giphy.gif