MadonnaNation.com Forums
Hector

Patti LuPus trashes Madonna's acting

Just watched the video and I'm even more annoyed by Andy nodding at her and approving what she's saying like the brainless stupid IDIOT he is. FUCK OFF!

andy-madonna.jpg

155_63507218017995695814244417_37_CISO1_

24 minutes ago, Bill said:

Can't stand her.  Never could.  I think she OVER sings the part, it's obnoxious.  Madonna was brilliant in Evita.  There is no other Eva Peron, in my opinion, other than Eva herself. :chuckle:  Patti is washed up, desperate, and thinks she's someone she's not.  Get over yourself, bitch.

Same. I love my musical theatre and always hated Patti. She thinks every character is written so she can just do her same routine all the time. No depth or diversity or subtlety or nuance. 

There YT clips of a very talented lady called Christine Pedi who does impressions of musical actresses, and her impression of Patti is spot on because it captures her lack of talent. Check it out.

Btw, if I remember correctly from the time the film was released, Andrew Lloyd Webber (the person who actually created the role) said something along the lines that Madonna was the only person who could have played the part. That's good enough for me. 

One word applies to all these bitter bitches : JEALOUSY.

Maybe if you had developed some interesting things to say during your life and career, you wouldn't have to use Madonna during your interview to attract attention? :hand:

Anyway let's update our list:

Shery Crow

Camille Paglia

Debbie Harry

Patti LuPone

What's happening lately? :sadface: It's annoying, can these bitches stop it already? 

PS: Andy is THE WORST

2 minutes ago, Orion said:

Anyway let's update our list:

Shery Crow

Camille Paglia

Debbie Harry

Patti LuPone

What's happening lately? :sadface: It's annoying, can these bitches stop it already? 

PS: Andy is THE WORST

Didn't Annie Lennox agree with Piers Moron's views about Madonna recently?

39 minutes ago, Hector said:

She is a classless, bitter wench. Julie Andrews, Angela Lansbury and Carol Channing were in a similar situation as her (starring in a big stage production but getting passed over for the film version), but those women have always been gracious and classy about it! It's been over 20 years Petty LePen! Get over it! 

Julie, Angela and Carol are class acts.  Julie is now in Australia because she is directing the current stage version of My Fair Lady.  That is how much she loves the musical. She was over looked for the film role after starring onstage to great acclaim as Eliza Doolittle.  Audrey Hepburn was chosen for the film role and her voice was dubbed as Audrey was no singer. However , Julie and Audrey became great friends and instead of being bitter, Julie says that she understood the decision and will forever love and appreciate Eliza and the musical that made her famous. Julie of course is a superstar and never trashes her fellow performers.  

4 hours ago, Johnny Angel said:

Who the fuck is this hija de puta?!?! Never even heard of this dumb bitch! I'm dead serious too. 

And fuck Andy Cohen for not backing M up! He's such a pussy ass bitch! Seriously tired of all these jealous dumb bitches coming for M!

Exactly. Both trash 

4 hours ago, discohub said:

I'm not being critical for the sake of it. I'm not an M-cult follower either.

Clearly this forum is a M-cult follower forum.

So why are you here?

1 hour ago, Andra said:

madeva.jpg

globe9747.jpg?w=590

Don't cry for me, Patti LuPone! :chuckle: 

I honestly have no idea who she is. Someone important I guess?

3 minutes ago, LVX said:

I honestly have no idea who she is. Someone important I guess?

Well, according to some loser, she's the one responsible of Evita in the first place. The fact that Andrew Lloyd Weber and Tim Rice composed it, has little to do. And she should be playing Evita forever and ever. 

perhaps slightly off topic, but i've heard this sort of talk before from people who do "serious" theatre or musicals.. not particularly about madonna, but on popular music. my cousin studied music and was in some musicals and theatre/plays and has done this too. they have this condescending attitude about artists and music they don't like, and then use what they learnt to back up their claims. there's "professionals" (as in annoying know all teens) online too.

it's very annoying, because you could say an artist is a very emotive singer and they touch you in ways "big" singers don't, and they'll just try to convince you that you're wrong.

2 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Well, according to some loser, she's the one responsible of Evita in the first place. The fact that Andrew Lloyd Weber and Tim Rice composed it, has little to do. And she should be playing Evita forever and ever. 

:lmao:

20 minutes ago, karbatal said:

No wonder of the bitterness of this potato sack face. 

2 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

Oh that HAS TO BE our new name for her here.  Perfect!  :lmao:

:chuckle: I'd be down for it.

What other names do we have? I think I read Janitor Jackson somewhere! Hilarious! :lmao: I do love Tranet too though.

11 minutes ago, S.E.X. said:

:chuckle: I'd be down for it.

What other names do we have? I think I read Janitor Jackson somewhere! Hilarious! :lmao: I do love Tranet too though.

it is Jancel Jackson now.  :lol: 

Love the Petty LePen name for Patti ! 

2 hours ago, Hector said:

She is a classless, bitter wench. Julie Andrews, Angela Lansbury and Carol Channing were in a similar situation as her (starring in a big stage production but getting passed over for the film version), but those women have always been gracious and classy about it! It's been over 20 years Petty LePen! Get over it! 

Petty LePen needs to get her filthy mouth washed out with some of this! :chuckle: 

tumblr_mz799ooxbm1rrl0mgo1_500.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Or how about some good ol enema? :chuckle: 

Bleachenema.jpg

46 minutes ago, Nikki said:

perhaps slightly off topic, but i've heard this sort of talk before from people who do "serious" theatre or musicals.. not particularly about madonna, but on popular music. my cousin studied music and was in some musicals and theatre/plays and has done this too. they have this condescending attitude about artists and music they don't like, and then use what they learnt to back it up their claims. there's all these "professionals" online too.

it's very annoying, because you could say an artist is a very emotive singer and they touch you in ways "big" singers don't, and they'll just try to convince you that you're wrong.

I know exactly what you're speaking of...and I LOATHE it. 

As someone who studied art and theater, I dealt with this kind of attitude all the time. These types are everywhere, and they're insufferable. (I mean, you wonder why some people have such disdain for academia...). As much as I love the art of theater, the theater world is pretty much all like this. They love to stew in their own pretentiousness.  I mean, considering the obvious commercialization of the theater now more than ever...they should shut the fuck up. Considering the state of the business of theater...they should be so lucky.

Just imagine THIS demented screeching banshee on a cinema screen for two hours , then get back to me on whose work is a "piece of shit" Patti. Oh wait....that's YOU. Cunt.

And Andy is a cunt as well. Not once does he say anything to the numerous people around him slagging off Madonna. As said already, he makes his living off that Real Housewives trash - portraying women as alley cats. Madonna should stay well clear of him.

2 minutes ago, Kim said:

Just imagine THIS demented screeching banshee on a cinema screen for two hours , then get back to me on who's work is a "piece of shit" Patti. Oh wait....that's YOU. Cunt.

And Andy is a cunt as well. Not once does he say anything to the numerous people around him slagging off Madonna. As said already, he makes his living off that Real Housewives trash - portraying women as alley cats. Madonna should stay well clear of him.

My ears are hurting listening to that.  How can anyone rate her as a singer ? She just shouts with no feeling or tone. 

13 minutes ago, jazzyjan said:

My ears are hurting listening to that.  How can anyone rate her as a singer ? She just shouts with no feeling or tone. 

It's everything but the kitchen sink performing. Not even appropriate for the largest theatre, never mind a TV show or a film. She performs everything the same way. No nuance, no resonance, no emotion. She's the Mariah Carey of theatre - and that's being generous.

What she and her ilk need to be TOLD is that constantly bitching about other professionals does not make you a DIVA (outwith a deranged fringe of online gays) but an unprofessional CUNT, and that is what she is.

To that idiot non-Madonna fan earlier who said Madonna does the same? WRONG. It's been about 20 years since Madonna said the odd thing about Carey, Houston et al. and it was nothing like the crap SHE still gets now. 

34 minutes ago, Kim said:

Just imagine THIS demented screeching banshee on a cinema screen for two hours , then get back to me on whose work is a "piece of shit" Patti. Oh wait....that's YOU. Cunt.

yeh

5 hours ago, acko said:

Nobody is saying Madonna would have pulled it off on Broadway, she simply doesn't have the voice.

But when it comes to acting to pre recorded music on film (and i'm trivializing her work in the movie here) she's simply the greatest star that ever lived...Her classic music videos r considered works of art, it's her field and so yes she was the perfect EVITA.

Patti would have been AWFUL in that film. It has nothing 2 do with experience and history on broadway.

This.