MadonnaNation.com Forums
Hector

Patti LuPus trashes Madonna's acting

46 minutes ago, Nikki said:

perhaps slightly off topic, but i've heard this sort of talk before from people who do "serious" theatre or musicals.. not particularly about madonna, but on popular music. my cousin studied music and was in some musicals and theatre/plays and has done this too. they have this condescending attitude about artists and music they don't like, and then use what they learnt to back it up their claims. there's all these "professionals" online too.

it's very annoying, because you could say an artist is a very emotive singer and they touch you in ways "big" singers don't, and they'll just try to convince you that you're wrong.

I know exactly what you're speaking of...and I LOATHE it. 

As someone who studied art and theater, I dealt with this kind of attitude all the time. These types are everywhere, and they're insufferable. (I mean, you wonder why some people have such disdain for academia...). As much as I love the art of theater, the theater world is pretty much all like this. They love to stew in their own pretentiousness.  I mean, considering the obvious commercialization of the theater now more than ever...they should shut the fuck up. Considering the state of the business of theater...they should be so lucky.

Just imagine THIS demented screeching banshee on a cinema screen for two hours , then get back to me on whose work is a "piece of shit" Patti. Oh wait....that's YOU. Cunt.

And Andy is a cunt as well. Not once does he say anything to the numerous people around him slagging off Madonna. As said already, he makes his living off that Real Housewives trash - portraying women as alley cats. Madonna should stay well clear of him.

2 minutes ago, Kim said:

Just imagine THIS demented screeching banshee on a cinema screen for two hours , then get back to me on who's work is a "piece of shit" Patti. Oh wait....that's YOU. Cunt.

And Andy is a cunt as well. Not once does he say anything to the numerous people around him slagging off Madonna. As said already, he makes his living off that Real Housewives trash - portraying women as alley cats. Madonna should stay well clear of him.

My ears are hurting listening to that.  How can anyone rate her as a singer ? She just shouts with no feeling or tone. 

13 minutes ago, jazzyjan said:

My ears are hurting listening to that.  How can anyone rate her as a singer ? She just shouts with no feeling or tone. 

It's everything but the kitchen sink performing. Not even appropriate for the largest theatre, never mind a TV show or a film. She performs everything the same way. No nuance, no resonance, no emotion. She's the Mariah Carey of theatre - and that's being generous.

What she and her ilk need to be TOLD is that constantly bitching about other professionals does not make you a DIVA (outwith a deranged fringe of online gays) but an unprofessional CUNT, and that is what she is.

To that idiot non-Madonna fan earlier who said Madonna does the same? WRONG. It's been about 20 years since Madonna said the odd thing about Carey, Houston et al. and it was nothing like the crap SHE still gets now. 

34 minutes ago, Kim said:

Just imagine THIS demented screeching banshee on a cinema screen for two hours , then get back to me on whose work is a "piece of shit" Patti. Oh wait....that's YOU. Cunt.

yeh

5 hours ago, acko said:

Nobody is saying Madonna would have pulled it off on Broadway, she simply doesn't have the voice.

But when it comes to acting to pre recorded music on film (and i'm trivializing her work in the movie here) she's simply the greatest star that ever lived...Her classic music videos r considered works of art, it's her field and so yes she was the perfect EVITA.

Patti would have been AWFUL in that film. It has nothing 2 do with experience and history on broadway.

This.

5 hours ago, jazzyjan said:

Yes yes and yes. Madonna's work in Evita has been criminally under rated for years.  Anne Hathaway, Catherine Zeta Jones and Emma Stone have won Oscars for their roles in musicals and none of them have come close to matching Madonna's performance in Evita.   

Rather transparent, wouldn't you say?

She's a bit scary

patti-lupone-evita-0.jpg

65f8ac197d23790e1ad8608920ab2eb6.jpg

5 (2).jpg

She is defintely up 4 the 'Madonnanation 2017 Elton John Award'

Patti Lupone has always been a stuck-up cunt. Period. I've always hated her, even before this. There's no question that Madonna isn't a great actress, but she was great in Evita. Dead behind the eyes? Based solely on seeing Buenos Aires on MTV when you were on the treadmill? So many things wrong with this woman. Just a bitter piece of shit, to use her phrase.

1 hour ago, Kim said:

Clearly from the same school of zero nuance as Gaga.

20 minutes ago, Gus said:

She's a bit scary

patti-lupone-evita-0.jpg

65f8ac197d23790e1ad8608920ab2eb6.jpg

5 (2).jpg

Isn't she a bit... Gaga? 

Well she's famous on Broadway and two streets down and we obviously know who she is, but the rest of the world??? 

So this still works  

IMG_4963.JPG

8 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Andy is kind of getting on my nerves too. Used to actually think he was cute and liked him but he's slowly but surely turning into Perez Hilton, Wendy Williams and Ryan Seacrest. Kiss Ms ass one breathe but get orgasmic over setting other women up and starting shit and cheap shots for their own benefit like mean girls. Seriously, Andy is getting more and more troll-ish and grating with age. He's also been a little out of control w/ Ms name lately- trying to trap other females into shading her. Happened with JLo recently re: Vegas and JLo KNEW exactly what he was doing and responded in a totally classy lovely way. 

Couldn't agree more. Very cliched. He just likes being mentioned in the same sentence as her. He drones on about her in his audio books (got freee from audible), and is just another 40 year old gay 14 year old obsessed and like u said tries and traps ppl into saying things about her.

Regarding the female caller there's really a extremely low to zero chance that you will get a real caller on the air, either they are on script or instructed what to say, there's no way a TV broadcast will risk a live "accident".

So most of the times they are adding to the drama created for the plot. 

Exactly the same as "reality tv" works. 

Are we seriously going to bash Madonna's musical acting skills when that is what she has pretty much done her whole fucking career!!!!!  Why do you think she is the biggest and best female ever when it comes to making music videos and doing shows!?  Because when she has to emote and portray human emotion through song she is brilliant!!!!!   That's why she was so excellent in Evita.  She was in her element.  Fuck this Pati chick.  I only know her from that forgotten sitcom Life Goes On.  Madonna owns Evita at this point and she can't handle it.  She suffers from the same disease as the Debi Harry's and Joni Mitchel's of the world.  Jealousy!!!!  Because by and large when Madonna touches something she literally sucks all the air out of the room and these chicks are left gasping for breath left with their wounded egos trying to figure out what the fuck just happened. 

Fucking gorgeous!!!!!!!   Fuck you Patti Mayonnaise!!!!  

2 hours ago, Kim said:

What is this Gaga trash.

2 hours ago, Kim said:

Yikes!!!!!!!!  The histrionics in this performance is real!

Dead behind the eyes my ass, and this is with contacts that totally obscure her beautiful, expressive eyes:

Of course, Cunt didn't see this because she formed her "opinion" after watching a music video while working out, not actually watching the fucking movie. :rolleyes:

Lmao.  Seems like a raving lunatic.  She must be a pleasure to work with.  

Another bitter and jealous has been hag trashing madonna Yawn. ..And Andy can fuck off. I am so over him.

Wow so unnecessary. Dead behind the eyes wow. Madonna was absolutely incredible in EVITA. IN fact, I think I better watch it tonight. The jealousy is so palpabe with these ladies. I mean, she had to mention "All Madonna has ever said to me was I"m taller than you." and do that mocking voice, that made the entire thing so obviously about what it was about: jealousy.  

Madonna was amazing in Evita.  She had a deep connection to the part and her career beforehand help prepare her for the role. It's one long music video and she is the Queen of music videos. She connected to her on so many levels especially in regards to fame, criticism, and humanity. This is her best film. Lapon shited on it to get attention and just because she originated the role in broadway doesn't mean she's better. They each brought their talents and life experience to the role. 

Such a nasty, rude comment. I personally think Patti's voice is annoying. And she looks like a washed up hag. She's jealous. 

My mom watched Evita some years ago on TV, and her comments were on how good and enjoyable Madonna and the movie were and how she couldn't believe that people could give bad press to this really good project. 

Just a personal anecdote... 

Here's the thing, have an opinion by all means, no one is suggesting anyone has to like everything M has done but what's with the bitterness?

It's a saddening culture, the camp gay (who claims to love Madonna :blink:) delights and indulges when some aging, bitter woman decides to trash one of her own for relevance. Both of them do their communities an injustice when there are actual battles to be won in the world of societal politics right now.

But ultimately, M is always going to win. She has no hate for anyone, only goodwill that keeps her glowing and her life full of love and positivity. Turning 60 next year and in the prime of her life. 

Poor Patti really.

"During the LA tryout Patti was a mess. She got bad reviews (and, in fact, fell on her ass during "Buenos Aires" on opening night, as she did on many other nights, too). LuPone simply isn't a dancer, and the number had been choreographed for someone who was.

There was a rumor that Hal Prince was petitioning Equity to let them bring over Elaine Paige as an emergency measure, which only fed Patti's insecurity.

Patti's alternate, Terri Klausner, was both a singer and a dancer, and aced the "Buenos Aires" number (even if she wasn't as sharp an actress as Patti). That didn't endear her to Patti.

What really caused Patti to spit blood, however, was when the sit-down LA company opened at the Shubert only four months after she opened the Broadway company (to mixed notices). Loni Ackerman, who also was a dancer, got across the board raves (a couple of them claiming that LA had the best Evita - all the critics had of course seen Patti a few months before). She was out for blood after that.

LuPone thrives on drama and tension (as does Patinkin) - Gunton does not. He's serene and confident and stays away from nutcases like Patti and Mandy."

https://www.datalounge.com/thread/10574764-how-did-mandy-patinkin-and-patti-lupone-get-along-backstage-during-the-original-run-of-evita-

REEEEMIIIIIIIX