MadonnaNation.com Forums
Hector

Patti LuPone trashes Madonna's acting

PRPapi    0

Well, I guess the Hollywood Foreign Press Association knows nothing compared to Ms. Lupone, then, with them handing Madonna an AWARD for BEST actress due to her portrayal of Evita, and everything.  Please.  She's a bitter hater.  I'm not saying M's a great actress, overall, but she absolutely KILLED it in Evita - especially in her dying scene.  

Crux    0

Just watched Patti's version of "Rainbow High" and oh my.... :rotfl: Talk about an over-dramatic, camp, screeching mess.

vocalism    0
1 hour ago, Skin said:

Lmao.  Seems like a raving lunatic.  She must be a pleasure to work with.  

The "who do you think you are?" bit always gets me. Who are they? They're patrons who paid exorbitant prices to watch a washed up Broadway star try to warble her way through a flop production. I get it, taking pictures is rude and distracting, but this is just another example of her self-entitlement. Who does she think SHE is? She's being paid to entertain us, not yell at us. It's outrageous. Do your job.

1 hour ago, MaddyFanatic said:

Such a nasty comment. I personally think Patty's voice is annoying. And she looks like a washed up hag. She's jealous. 

Her voice is terrible. It reminds me of Gaga. They come from the same "screaming fest

school of singing.Zero soul, emotions and melody in her voice, unlike Madonna. The Lupone witch is so overrated. Speaking of Andy, he is turning into a Perez Hilton. He claims to be a fan and let others trash Madonna in such a shameful way. I hope Madonna will never appear on his cheap shady show.There's always room for Mariah......

horn    0
4 hours ago, Kim said:

Just imagine THIS demented screeching banshee on a cinema screen for two hours , then get back to me on whose work is a "piece of shit" Patti. Oh wait....that's YOU. Cunt.

And Andy is a cunt as well. Not once does he say anything to the numerous people around him slagging off Madonna. As said already, he makes his living off that Real Housewives trash - portraying women as alley cats. Madonna should stay well clear of him.

Eyes - Failed
Hair - Failed
Mouth - Failed
Figure - Failed
Dress - Failed
Voice - Failed
Style - Failed
Movement - Failed
Hands - Failed
Magic - Failed
Rings - Failed
Glamour - Failed
Face - Failed
Diamonds - Failed
Excitement - Failed
Image - Failed

"All my descamisados expect me to outshine the enemy, I won't disappoint them"?
She IS the disappointment.

mamifero    0

Just found out she's up for a Tony award against universal favorite Bette Midler :popcorn:

Suedehead    0

Madonna is Evita. End of story. 

And that explains Patti LuWHO's bitterness.

Skin    0

Like many have said we are not defending Madonna's acting.  She has been wooden as hell in most of her roles, but she should be proud as hell for her work I'm Evita.  She killed it.  When people hear "Don't Cry for Me Argentina" no one is thinking of Patti.  Trust.  All minds go right to Madonna.  It's hers now bitch.  Probably kills her that the song was such a global hit as well..And lets also get another thing straight.  Patti sure as hell can't fill up a stadium in the very place Evita was from let alone get the amount of love and respect just by singing a song about her life story.  Chew on this Patti and go back to your nice little plays on Broadway.  Does the chick think.this is the 1940s when Broadway was a big deal? 

Skin    0

Can someone splice Patti screaming who do you think you are with "Bitch, I'm Madonna." Lol

Nikki    0

i'll never forget the SS dvd getting promo @ mediamarkt by putting this performance on the big tv screens and cute guy standing in front of it, just in awe, staring at her performance

madonna IS evita in the movie, and on stage she always delivers the evita songs. i dont see how anyone can dislike it

LSD    0

Tried to find any instances of her actually singing a song rather than screaming it, figured this would be the best bet.  But no, she caterwauls the whole way through this one too. 

Petty LePen should be put to work protecting livestock, her voice will keep the wolves away.  

Illuminati    0

So much bullshit coming out of her mouth! :shutup:

Apart from that she can only wish to have just a little touch of M's star quality.

discohub    0
11 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

That's kind of why we jump on it as quickly as we do. Without establishing who you are and getting to know what your personality/humor/etc. is...and vice versa for getting to know the community at the board...we often come down hard on newbies. You'll see that this board has plenty of criticism about Madonna, but the mods have tried their best to not let it dive into what so many other Madonna boards have become. That's all.

Thanks for making this clear.

From what I'm seeing ALL OVER the net, TV & radio, this is the first time Petti LePenn is getting any social media notice. Don't expect it to be the last time she trashes Madonna.

Hector    0
3 hours ago, Crux said:

Just watched Patti's version of "Rainbow High" and oh my.... :rotfl: Talk about an over-dramatic, camp, screeching mess.

I'm :rotfl:at that clip. If I was completely unfamiliar of "Evita" and hearing "Rainbow High" for the first time through this clip, I'd have no idea what the song is about because she is yelling like a maniac almost nonstop. I would barely be able to make out the lyrics with that deranged over the top shouting. I'm going to listen to Madonna's to clean my ears! That slob Petty LePen would get whiplash just trying to do this simple spin!

tumblr_nn2i72Phli1r3tiuvo1_r2_500.gif

acko    0

So this spiteful cunt loathes Glenn Close for Sunset Boulevard and Madonna for Evita.

Rather transparent, wouldn't you say...

If only Madonna would now make that damn movie musical version of Sunset Boulevard. :D

vocalism    0
56 minutes ago, Showdown said:

It's as if Jerri Blank was on stage doing Evita

I actually don't mind this one, but the disco arrangement is embarrassing. 

discohub    0
7 hours ago, karbatal said:

Well, according to some loser, she's the one responsible of Evita in the first place. The fact that Andrew Lloyd Weber and Tim Rice composed it, has little to do. And she should be playing Evita forever and ever. 

I don't need anyone to speak on my behalf thank you.

Especially when you are deforming my words.

Respect anyone ?

Edited by discohub

acko    0

what gorgeous performer she is