MadonnaNation.com Forums
Hector

Patti LuPone trashes Madonna's acting

I love theater. But the format does require a certain level of output to 'read' to a whole venue. Particularly for musicals... Probably why when they film live musical performances for things like The Tonys, it doesn't always translate as well if you're not used to it.

That being said, I wouldn't use Patti as the standard measure of all that (like probably too many 'theater heads' do). I've never cared for that stage diva/scream and shout kind of antic either, and I think too many get the wrong impression about theater from that. Plus, most of that schtick comes from ego, especially for someone like LuPone. Plenty of other great performers who don't chew everything up...and even for some who do, they do it much better and far more endearingly.

Patti needs to dial back the blow, plain and simple...

Billy on Patti LuPone Calling Madonna a Movie Killer

Comedian Billy Eichner tells a WWHL caller how he felt when Patti LuPone called Madonna a “movie killer” when she was a guest on WWHL and Billy ends his response with a shady comment about Patti.

Click to watch the video on their page: 

http://www.bravotv.com/watch-what-happens-live-with-andy-cohen/season-14/episode-135/videos/billy-on-patti-lupone-calling

:rotfl::queenbitch:

:lmao::lmao::queenbitch:

so.. what did he say? we're not all from america:p thanks

6 hours ago, acko said:

Not available in my country

Same. 

12 hours ago, Hector said:

Billy on Patti LuPone Calling Madonna a Movie Killer

Comedian Billy Eichner tells a WWHL caller how he felt when Patti LuPone called Madonna a “movie killer” when she was a guest on WWHL and Billy ends his response with a shady comment about Patti.

Click to watch the video on their page: 

http://www.bravotv.com/watch-what-happens-live-with-andy-cohen/season-14/episode-135/videos/billy-on-patti-lupone-calling

:rotfl::queenbitch:

Is this the guy who chased Madonna into Yankee Stadium? :rotfl:Love him

Does Andy Cohen ever feature one guest who doesn't get asked about Madonna or mentions Madonna though? He's racked up an impressive collection of Madonna themed nights, sans guest of honour

what did he say. Im not in MURHICAH

what does he say! 

Billy *nailed the shade but in a witty, not mean spirited yet also major smack down way! What a LOON lol. So cute and cool. 

Billy is SUCH a stan.

what did Billy say?

Transcription:

Phone call: I wanna know what was your reaction when Patti LuCunt called Madonna a "movie killer".

Fat lady: I sort of feel like when Patti LuBore talks we all have to listen... and she doesn't get a lot of things wrong (laughs)

Gay guy: You know... (pointing at himself) Die hard Madonna fan... right or die... forever... However, i can quote that entire Patti LuFlush speech... (all three start talking shit at the same time, nothing important) But it's the funniest thing I've ever seen: Madonna is a movie killer! (imitating the bitter bitch) I mean... it's so good... It was brilliant! But I also love Madonna and really how many movies has Patti LuNone done...? But don't make me [...] (the fat lady and the other gay guy laugh so I can understand what he says next).

END.

what's all this hype and love about patti luCUNT? shes so pretentious and annoying.

people can say harsh things about madonna, but when madonna makes a joke or a private letter leaks where she says another singer is mediocre (which isnt even bad) she's "horrible"?

i never got this.

FINALLY! lol

isn't she some sort of huge theater person. who did evita in the 70's. and showed her tits in 1999 son of sam movie? lol i dont know. 

Thanks @Django :thumbsup:

Tina Arena shut down pathetic Pete Helliar (  Australian comic and host who is about as funny as watching paint dry )  on the Project last night.  Tina is going to star as Eva Peron in an Australian production of Evita.  When Pete asked her where she would rate herself in relation to famous woman who played Eva and then said for example  is she more Elaine Paige or Madonna, where would she stand.  She did not want to pick and he said that he saw her more as Elaine Paige.  She screwed up her face and then they asked her if she wanted to be more like Madonna. Pete told her it was a compliment to say Elaine Paige but she said that she liked both of them.   Pete is always having ageist sexist jokes about Madonna. Does it all the time.  I know that Tina is a big fan of Madonna and glad that she did not entertain his Madonna put downs.