Hector

Patti LuPone trashes Madonna's acting

485 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Crux said:

It's not a "fact" at all. What a sour faced, miserable, Cunt she is. She's really milking this for all it's worth, isn't she?

Yes.  She loves the attention she is getting for talking trash about Madonna. 

Fantastic that she is getting virtually no backing from other professional stage stars for her untrue and vicious comments. They also would know the true meaning of being professional and not critiscing other performers.  

36 minutes ago, MichaelDieker said:

It makes me sad how the theatre world I interact with has little regard for Madonna, who I consider one of if not the greatest live performers! I've always been frustrated how few fellow fans I have encountered in the theatre, and this kind of comment only deepens the idea that she is a bad acting bad singing cultural phenomenon. :/ 

i think it's because people choose to be ignorant. those who cant stand her say shitty things and some young people believe it and dont do research. it's strange how underrated she is

patti says she didnt see the film but  says shit like "facts" like i cant have another opinion

Was never surprised she was arrogant & mean spirited in her comments. For whatever reason, some people who travel in theatre circles can be very critical & outright annoying.

There's a certain snobbery that's difficult to tolerate. 

1 hour ago, Ghost Town said:

Patti is an old stuck-up theatre hag :bad:

She sounds and appears to be a very loud and ignorant person, more than a snob. She is conceited all right. She's out of touch with regard to who she is as opposed to who Madonna is, as far as standing goes. Madonna has more articulateness, composure, class, world awareness and experiences to draw on in her little finger than ten Pattis.

Anyone watching a 26 year old Madonna in that New Music Seminar interview would come to the same conclusion. Anyone who is not jaded and with a modicum of intellect for sure. Or her 29 yo self Jane Pauley interview for instance. Imagine nowadays then

Funny that she rips into Trump, when telling a lie and calling it a "point of fact" (combined with her overall attitude) makes her more like Trump than anything.

2 hours ago, Nick said:

Was never surprised she was arrogant & mean spirited in her comments. For whatever reason, some people who travel in theatre circles can be very critical & outright annoying.

There's a certain snobbery that's difficult to tolerate. 

A friend just told me something similar, but he said that many many actresses and actors, that only made it in musicals or regular theater are bitter because they didn't succeeded in other more popular media like TV, Movies or popular singers, because of their own certain characteristics. He said that Patti Lupone sounds like a typical bitter theater actress. He has worked as a dancer in many musicals and he's a choreographer now. 

Can't believe this thread has 20 pages. :wacko:

3 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

Funny that she rips into Trump, when telling a lie and calling it a "point of fact" (combined with her overall attitude) makes her more like Trump than anything.

This

She's using the Trump card to make herself likeable, in short, reaching for an easy joke and a quick applause

I still see her for the rude wench she is

The fact that she mentions Madonna again says it all

Hope she doesn't get the Tony

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, Pedro said:

A friend just told me something similar, but he said that many many actresses and actors, that only made it in musicals or regular theater are bitter because they didn't succeeded in other more popular media like TV, Movies or popular singers, because of their own certain characteristics. He said that Patti Lupone sounds like a typical bitter theater actress. He has worked as a dancer in many musicals and he's a choreographer now. 

As someone who loves and studied theater, it really is such a shame. Theater is still a successful art form and business that has survived multiple changes in the culture. Not to mention, the level of skill and perfecting of one's craft it takes to do what the best do, in real time, on a stage . And the magic of doing the craft live, in front of a real audience, and doing that thing only live theater can do, is something to be incredibly proud of. When you take all that into account, there's really no reason for any of these folks to be as bitter as some of them are.