Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums
Hector

Patti LuPone trashes Madonna's acting

Recommended Posts

Honestly, it's disappointing coming from her because Madonna was very good in film.😠

Wish folks from past would stop being so critical.....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Well Madonna performed Evita perfectly,  both musically and in film and made the opera rock bigger,  for it reached a wider public. So... What's your point,  person with 5 posts who incidentally shades Madonna?

Feels like you own the place and the forum police just came down on me because I'm not fond of M's acting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm so tired of these ignorant "madonna, talentless whore" subtext reactions I'm hearing lately. what's going on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, discohub said:

😘

9 minutes ago, discohub said:

Feels like you own the place and the forum police just came down on me because I'm not fond of M's acting.

cat-flushes-toilet-on-command-o.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

to be clear : Patti LuPone's opinions, for what they're worth, are valid when it comes to musical acting. It doesn't mean I subscribe to what she's saying, but YOU can't just dimiss her not knowing who she is and where she comes from.

I'm not being critical for the sake of it. I'm not an M-cult follower either.

It's a forum, there will be different points of view. Don't come bugging me because I'm not blindly clapping at everything.

Edited by discohub

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Nikki said:

I'm so tired of these ignorant "madonna, talentless whore" subtext reactions I'm hearing lately. what's going on?

'Lately'? :chuckle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Nikki said:

I'm so tired of these ignorant "madonna, talentless whore" subtext reactions I'm hearing lately. what's going on?

They have always been around. Patti has been nasty about her for years. Nothing new there. 

Read Patti's auto biography and she is always bitching and complaining about various people while talking about how hard done she has been.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, discohub said:

to be clear : Patti LuPone's opinions, for what they're worth, are valid when it comes to musical acting. It doesn't mean I subscribe to what she's saying, but YOU can't just dimiss her not knowing who she is and where she comes from.

I'm not being critical for the sake of it. I'm not an M-cult follower either.

It's a forum, there will be different points of view. Don't come down bugging me because I'm not blindly clapping at everything.

might want to check out the debbie harry and sheryl threads. i'm sure you'll find a lot of things in there you can share your point of view about. you'll absolutely love it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, discohub said:

but YOU can't just dimiss her not knowing who she is and where she comes from.

Most of us did acknowledge such. Most of us know who Patti Lupone is. Doesn't change the fact that she's clearly bitter about a lot of things.

 

15 minutes ago, discohub said:

I'm not being critical for the sake of it. I'm not an M-cult follower either.

It's a forum, there will be different points of view. Don't come down bugging me because I'm not blindly clapping at everything.

And that's kind of what we take issue with here. When newbies come in and think they can lecture us about things we obviously know. We have a trend here of newbies signing on to start off extremely critical or antagonistic, not just about Madonna but also to long-time members here (without even getting to know anyone). That's kind of why we jump on it as quickly as we do. Without establishing who you are and getting to know what your personality/humor/etc. is...and vice versa for getting to know the community at the board...we often come down hard on newbies. You'll see that this board has plenty of criticism about Madonna, but the mods have tried their best to not let it dive into what so many other Madonna boards have become. That's all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Patti also was critical of Glenn Close when Andrew Lloyd Webber picked her over Patti for Sunset Boulevard.  She is a constant complainer.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jazzyjan said:

They have always been around. Patti has been nasty about her for years. Nothing new there. 

Read Patti's auto biography and she is always bitching and complaining about various people while talking about how hard done she has been.  

she comes across as someone who thinks her own shit doesnt stink and is very condescending toward other women.

but watch out when madonna makes a light hearted joke about someone who stole her song and half her imagery :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, discohub said:

to be clear : Patti LuPone's opinions, for what they're worth, are valid when it comes to musical acting. It doesn't mean I subscribe to what she's saying, but YOU can't just dimiss her not knowing who she is and where she comes from.

I'm not being critical for the sake of it. I'm not an M-cult follower either.

It's a forum, there will be different points of view. Don't come bugging me because I'm not blindly clapping at everything.

Nobody is saying Madonna would have pulled it off on Broadway, she simply doesn't have the voice.

But when it comes to acting to pre recorded music on film (and i'm trivializing her work in the movie here) she's simply the greatest star that ever lived...Her classic music videos r considered works of art, it's her field and so yes she was the perfect EVITA.

Patti would have been AWFUL in that film. It has nothing 2 do with experience and history on broadway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, dylanciccone_ said:

I must be the only one who never liked Andy Cohen. The guy has such a horrible vibe you can read in his face. He's fishing for dirt on most of his guests and tries to force them to say something catty. Pretty much a Perez/Wendy Williams at this point. 

His whole MO is to set women up to be bitchy and catty to each other whether it be Housewives or his talk show

He comes across as a desperate fame whore to me...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, acko said:

Nobody is saying Madonna would have pulled it off on Broadway, she simply doesn't have the voice.

But when it comes to acting to pre recorded music on film (and i'm trivializing her work in the movie here) she's simply the greatest star that ever lived...Her classic music videos r considered works of art, it's her field and so yes she was the perfect EVITA.

Patti would have been AWFUL in that film. It has nothing 2 do with experience and history on broadway.

Yes yes and yes. Madonna's work in Evita has been criminally under rated for years.  Anne Hathaway, Catherine Zeta Jones and Emma Stone have won Oscars for their roles in musicals and none of them have come close to matching Madonna's performance in Evita.  She was magnificent in Evita, one of the best performances as a lead in a musical that I have seen. It is her forte, she acts her best when incorporating musical singing with acting.  It is where she shines. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Madonna acted and danced her way through that film pregnant and in high heels and still gave a great performance. If you've ever seen the film 'Witness', then you'd know Patti is the last person who should be trashing someone's onscreen performance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Andy Cohen loves to stir the pot / bring up M to everyone he interviews yet he wonders why she won't appear on his show lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Andy is kind of getting on my nerves too. Used to actually think he was cute and liked him but he's slowly but surely turning into Perez Hilton, Wendy Williams and Ryan Seacrest. Kiss Ms ass one breathe but get orgasmic over setting other women up and starting shit and cheap shots for their own benefit like mean girls. Seriously, Andy is getting more and more troll-ish and grating with age. He's also been a little out of control w/ Ms name lately- trying to trap other females into shading her. Happened with JLo recently re: Vegas and JLo KNEW exactly what he was doing and responded in a totally classy lovely way. 

He's so misogynistic. I think he thinks because he's gay he gets some kind of hard pass or something...

He's built an empire on pitting women against each other 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, discohub said:

Feels like you own the place and the forum police just came down on me because I'm not fond of M's acting.

No, it's simply that you are new and out of the blue your comments are to critisize something to Madonna. It's a very weird way to get into a party, don't you think? And smells incredibly fishy. 

If Patty Lapone was a bit relevant I would think you were a fan of hers :lol::rotfl:. But that is impossible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Nikki said:

might want to check out the debbie harry and sheryl threads. i'm sure you'll find a lot of things in there you can share your point of view about. you'll absolutely love it. 

:chuckle: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this the same bitch who thought Cuntga deserved an oscar for her PTSD shit song?

DSS, Dick Tracy and Evita all fine examples of M's acting skills, this bitch needs an education.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Queen Vika said:

Is this the same bitch who thought Cuntga deserved an oscar for her PTSD shit song?

DSS, Dick Tracy and Evita all fine examples of M's acting skills, this bitch needs an education.

OMG, it gets worse!

What's next? Patty waiting for Jancel's new tour? :rotfl:

I don't like Madonna as an actress at all, but Evita is precisely the only  time she has really SHINED. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×