MadonnaNation.com Forums
Hector

Patti LuPone trashes Madonna's acting

Jazzy Jan    0
1 minute ago, Hector said:

What a nasty bitch.  Sick to death of these bitter hags trashing Madonna.  Wish Andy would have told this witch off instead of laughing with her.  

Eeww who the hell is this 0 mutt face? lol Zzz with the tired as fuck textbook shade/diss Mariah playbook (insert something nasty aggressive comment directly or indirectly about M) followed by the passive 'oh but great performer and what she does' etc... :# 

LSD    0

Still mad over two decades later, imagine carrying that kind of bitterness around for all that time :zombie:

Andy is kind of getting on my nerves too. Used to actually think he was cute and liked him but he's slowly but surely turning into Perez Hilton, Wendy Williams and Ryan Seacrest. Kiss Ms ass one breathe but get orgasmic over setting other women up and starting shit and cheap shots for their own benefit like mean girls. Seriously, Andy is getting more and more troll-ish and grating with age. He's also been a little out of control w/ Ms name lately- trying to trap other females into shading her. Happened with JLo recently re: Vegas and JLo KNEW exactly what he was doing and responded in a totally classy lovely way. 

Jazzy Jan    0
1 minute ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Andy is kind of getting on my nerves too. Used to actually think he was cute and liked him but he's slowly but surely turning into Perez Hilton, Wendy Williams and Ryan Seacrest. Kiss her ass on breathe but get orgasmic over setting other women up and starting shit and cheap shots for their own benefit like mean girls. Seriously, Andy is getting more and more troll-ish and grating with age. 

In fairness to him here,  a female caller over the phone started the whole conversation about Madonna.  People love talking about Madonna.  These nasty bitches love trashing her and getting attention.  Meanwhile, they are now no-bodies and Madonna is the biggest female superstar of the past 35 years. 

^ Oh shoot sorry that went over my head lol !Okay..kind of retract what I said about Andy. Yes, he loves gossip and diva shade-fests but he DEF has been a consistent, real deal M loon..like forever. Andy, Anderson and Kelly may be the best, most authentic superstar A list fans she's had since day one! I also don't think he has 'bad' intentions whenever he tries to trick female guests into talking about her. He's just proudly obsessed and DYING to get her on his show! lol. Drives him bonkers but loves the chase ;) lol. 

Who the fuck is this hija de puta?!?! Never even heard of this dumb bitch! I'm dead serious too. 

And fuck Andy Cohen for not backing M up! He's such a pussy ass bitch! Seriously tired of all these jealous dumb bitches coming for M!

ITG    0

Never heard of her till now!

VogueMusic    0

The irony is that Madonna didn't "kill" Evita (which she is still clearly bitter over). In fact, Evita was pretty much a success, and is seen as one of Madonna's best screen performances by the general public.
Again, she's just bitter that it wasn't her. (Which is weird considering Patti's said Evita was one of the worst experiences of her life.)

The other irony being that while she's done a fair share of film and tv roles, Patti's not known for being some great "screen actress" herself. She's a Broadway diva. Her over-the-top shtick may work there, but on screen I've never been all that impressed.

Anyways, last time I saw Patti's acting was on AHS: Coven, where Jessica Lange handed her ass to her acting-wise.

She's quite well known and a Broadway legend. I don't agree with her at all but her status is well regarded in those circles...

Having said that its disappointing of her to be shady, considering how she herself is constantly written about in the press as an overbearing diva.

Shes bitter she was too old to play Evita on screen, alongside her own Hollywood career that never took off.

discohub    0
1 hour ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Eeww who the hell is this 0 mutt face? lol Zzz with the tired as fuck textbook shade/diss Mariah playbook (insert something nasty aggressive comment directly or indirectly about M) followed by the passive 'oh but great performer and what she does' etc... :# 

ahem, Patti LuPone litterally created Evita, she knows what she's talking about.

She's one of the MOST talented and awarded living Broadway actresses.

The tone is bitchy but she does have a point : Madonna is not a good actress.

Nightshade    0

A Broadway legend now relegated to TV bit parts. Hope you got a 401k, babe.

By the way, Evita (the film) made over $100 million worldwide at the box office and the soundtrack sold millions of copies. She killed it, alright.

discohub    0
Just now, Nightshade said:

A Broadway legend now relegated to TV bit parts. Hope you got a 401k, babe.

By the way, Evita (the film) made over $100 million worldwide at the box office and the soundtrack sold millions of copies. She killed it, alright.

If box office success was a sign of quality and good acting, Vin Diesel would be the BEST ACTOR EVER.

VogueMusic    0
3 minutes ago, discohub said:

ahem, Patti LuPone litterally created Evita, she knows what she's talking about.

Just now, discohub said:

If box office success was a sign of quality and good acting, Vin Diesel would be the BEST ACTOR EVER.

And just 4 posts in.....

tumblr_inline_oehh22uTrK1r938u8_500.gif

Nightshade    0
Just now, discohub said:

Madonna actually got good reviews for that film. I'm not defending Body of Evidence up in this piece. Madonna HARDLY killed the Evita film. Hardly.

Jazzy Jan    0
1 minute ago, discohub said:

Bulldust she has a point. She did not literally create Evita either, it is a musical written by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice.  Elaine Paige also was famous for that role on stage.  It was not exclusive to her.  Plus, she has whined for years about the role. There is no defence for her bitter bitchy comments.  

I must be the only one who never liked Andy Cohen. The guy has such a horrible vibe you can read in his face. He's fishing for dirt on most of his guests and tries to force them to say something catty. Pretty much a Perez/Wendy Williams at this point. 

acko    0
8 minutes ago, discohub said:

ahem Madonna was brilliant in Evita...THE MOVIE....as for Miss lupini.. She would have had people running from movie theatres with her shrieky shrill pseudo operatic singing style and unfortunate features....It is a different medium u know...let's b serious here.

discohub    0
1 minute ago, jazzyjan said:

Bulldust she has a point. She did not literally create Evita either, it is a musical written by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice.  Elaine Paige also was famous for that role on stage.  It was not exclusive to her.  Plus, she has whined for years about the role. There is no defence for her bitter bitchy comments.  

I never meant she wrote the part.

Anyway, you're right, Elaine Page created the character on stage. Beforehand Julie Convington was the first to sing it in the studio.

Divas will be bitchy. Let's be honest, no one will ever be as shady as M when it comes to her female competitors.

discohub    0
3 minutes ago, acko said:

ahem Madonna was brilliant in Evita...THE MOVIE....

yes she was.

Jazzy Jan    0
Just now, discohub said:

I never meant she wrote the part.

Anyway, you're right, Elaine Page created the character on stage. Beforehand Julie Convington was the first to sing it in the studio.

Divas will be bitchy. Let's be honest, no one will ever be as shady as M when it comes to her female competitors.

You can't be serious. Madonna cops it all the time and hardly says a bad word about other female entertainers. 

karbatal    0
11 minutes ago, discohub said:

Well Madonna performed Evita perfectly,  both musically and in film and made the opera rock bigger,  for it reached a wider public. So... What's your point,  person with 5 posts who incidentally shades Madonna?