MadonnaNation.com Forums
Nikki

Ritchie very complimentary about mother Madonna

Nikki    0

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=11851523

Although the 48-year-old director is now happily married to Jacqui Ainsley, 35, he admitted that his divorce from Madonna, 58 - the mother of his sons Rocco and David - in 2008 was tough.

He told the Mail on Sunday's Event magazine: "A marriage breakdown is a death. That is all I can say. Now I just want to say positive things about her. I don't regret being married to her, I don't, you know, not in the slightest.

"She's a wonderful mother and has been very good to the kids, and her new kids, the twins, will have a wonderful education and receive lots of love. No one could say anything negative about that."

he's going on graham norton this week, so expect a few Madonna references 

elijah    0

Well of course the bitch doesn't regret marrying Madonna since as he said he "made money". Anyways, its good he doesn't crucify her for a change.

XXL    0
2 minutes ago, elijah said:

Well of course the bitch doesn't regret marrying Madonna since as he said he "made money". Anyways, its good he doesn't crucify her for a change.

Precisely

Nikki    0
8 minutes ago, elijah said:

every positive thing is welcome :) 

but i think we have to wait until graham norton. this article barely got any press. just a newspaper/mag in new zealand. graham will defintiely try to get a reaction out of ritchie, it could be shady or maybe very nice.

Kim    0

Can't wait for that King Arthur shite to FLOP SO HARD.

Lolo    0

The only way he could redeem himself is to make a spinal tap like biopic about Gaga. Everything she  does is like a mockumentary anyway. Just stick to the facts and voila...!!

jasray    0

I think it's quite decent of him to say that. 

Graham Norton might try to get something outta him regarding Madonna too unless he's banned from asking questions about her. 

At least his appearance on Graham's show quashes rumours about him being a homophobe. 

Kim    0

Well I don't imagine he'll call Graham a "poof" to his face. no. Alan Carr on the other hand...

But Hobo Ritchie has a film to promote, and Norton's show is the only big late night chat show that's on. He'll appear on whatever the studio tells him to appear on. He has no choice in the matter. 

Jazzy Jan    0
37 minutes ago, Kim said:

Well I don't imagine he'll call Graham a "poof" to his face. no. Alan Carr on the other hand...

But Hobo Ritchie has a film to promote, and Norton's show is the only big late night chat show that's on. He'll appear on whatever the studio tells him to appear on. He has no choice in the matter. 

Yes. Everyone appears on Graham Norton's show. It is great promotion for whatever they are plugging.  Graham also is a true professional who wants his guests to be natural.  It should be beyond easy for Guy to talk to him. 

Off topic, but the adverts for Graham Norton last week in Australia featured Warren Beatty who was a guest.  The had headlines on the advert about "Ladies man" Warren Beatty and during the advert ever put up in writing with an excited male voice saying " he used to date Madonna" :lol:  So if Warren Beatty who is a genuine star can be described as that,  what will they say for Guy.  Madonna references everywhere. Let's face it, is he had not been married to Madonna, he would not be famous, just another faceless director. 

Aries    0

maybe he's kissing M up so she can take Rocco back...

He will be needing a car...money to party on with friends!

Pedro    0

Well it's called a NDA non disclosure agreement included in the $76-92 million dollars divorce settlement.

He kind of breeched it once in the past being silenced right away. 

Is he not preparing a Swept Away remake Netflix series?

Jazzy Jan    0
13 minutes ago, Aries said:

:lmao:  

Toni    0

Guy was on the Joe Rogan podcast the other day promoting his film. He mentions money a lot. Once he mentioned a time he lived in NY with his ex wife but you know Joe would have been told not to mention Madonna. Also, I personally think Guy came off like a clown, he tried to sound old and wise, but I just think he fell flat.

XXL    0
30 minutes ago, Aries said:

Maybe he needs another $100m?

Nick    0
47 minutes ago, Toni said:

Guy was on the Joe Rogan podcast the other day promoting his film. He mentions money a lot. Once he mentioned a time he lived in NY with his ex wife but you know Joe would have been told not to mention Madonna. Also, I personally think Guy came off like a clown, he tried to sound old and wise, but I just think he fell flat.

I'll watch this later, just can't believe he wouldn't ask about marriage to Madonna. He usually goes in deep with folks he interviews or at least several I've seen before, 

Toni    0
45 minutes ago, Nick said:

I'll watch this later, just can't believe he wouldn't ask about marriage to Madonna. He usually goes in deep with folks he interviews or at least several I've seen before, 

Yea, and Joe has mentioned Madonna before and he wasn't to kind towards her so I think he'd of loving to bring her up. I wouldn't be surprised if on Graham Norton she doesn't get brought up either.

He can call her a saint at this point the FACT is this pussy got what ge wanted.  The benjamin.  Lot's of it too. Any man that takea money from a woman in my eyes is a weak man. Classless and tacky.  The weakest kind.   

Nikki    0
1 hour ago, Toni said:

Yea, and Joe has mentioned Madonna before and he wasn't to kind towards her so I think he'd of loving to bring her up. I wouldn't be surprised if on Graham Norton she doesn't get brought up either.

i never heard of this guy before. is he howard stern clone?

Gus    0
7 hours ago, Kim said:

Can't wait for that King Arthur shite to FLOP SO HARD.

The only mention this film seems to be getting over here is due to the David Beckham cameo...could it that bad?

Paul    0

I dont trust him. He'd only say something nice if he thought it was in his interests to do so.

2 hours ago, Nikki said:

i never heard of this guy before. is he howard stern clone?

He used to be a host of this show

Before moving to other ventures

karbatal    0

It's easy to give fake praises to your ex,  especially if you are promoting things.  So nothing new here. 

jasray    0
3 hours ago, karbatal said:

It's easy to give fake praises to your ex,  especially if you are promoting things.  So nothing new here. 

Not necessarily, because he has made many films since divorcing but if I'm right isn't this the first time he's mentioned her during promotions etc? 

I think it's probably more due the fact that this is his first major "out coming" after the custody hype.