MadonnaNation.com Forums

Don't care what these articles say, Witness it a great album, I haven't listened to one of her albums since One of the Boys, she became a singles artist to me, but CTTR got me hooked and I love this album.

its sad she's the new flop target now, it'll be Taylor next. It's like the media wants the superstar diva out of the equation. It's like they want the next Britney meltdown.

I saw a news report from LA about two white women who had a popular enchilada stand and were harassed so much by SJW they had to close it. Their crime: They culturally appropriated enchilada recipes from Mexican women!  :wacko:

14 minutes ago, Lucky Star One said:

I saw a news report from LA about two white women who had a popular enchilada stand and were harassed so much by SJW they had to close it. Their crime: They culturally appropriated enchilada recipes from Mexican women!  :wacko:

These people should be castrated so they don't breed. 

8 minutes ago, Lucky Star One said:

:doh:

2 hours ago, promise to try said:

:lmao:

what is a bop???

8wld_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif

Lol. It's a hot song. Swish Swish is my bop!

8 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

I'm surprised to see Deja' Vu isn't getting more love. It's been on repeat for days.

7 hours ago, spotlight said:

Déjà vu IS a bop.

It IS. Love it.

7 hours ago, spotlight said:

Déjà vu IS a bop.

+1 

2 hours ago, Lucky Star One said:

The FUCK???????

I swear, this extreme far-left "SJW" shit is basically the new religion...as hard line and literal in belief and action as the most fervent religious fundamentalists.

27 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

The FUCK???????

I swear, this extreme far-left "SJW" shit is basically the new religion...as hard line and literal in belief and action as the most fervent religious fundamentalists.

Yet people are still dragging Katy for apologizing and trying to change her thinking! People on social media are saying she's still racist and homophobic, is only doing this for publicity, will never learn cuz she's a privileged white woman, doesn't deserve praise cuz she isn't owed it, etc

31 minutes ago, le smoking said:

Yet people are still dragging Katy for apologizing and trying to change her thinking! People on social media are saying she's still racist and homophobic, is only doing this for publicity, will never learn cuz she's a privileged white woman, doesn't deserve praise cuz she isn't owed it, etc

She can't win with the cultural appropriation fanatics. Why I think she should never have apologized as she has done nothing wrong. Katy is not racist or homophobic and that should be more than obvious to everyone.  

11 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

She can't win with the cultural appropriation fanatics. Why I think she should never have apologized as she has done nothing wrong. Katy is not racist or homophobic and that should be more than obvious to everyone.  

Agree 

1 hour ago, le smoking said:

37 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Of course. NEVER apologize to these types. 

Because it's not about actual 'social justice'.  It's revenge politics.

8 hours ago, Lucky Star One said:

How do they dare stole enchiladas recipes (tortilla, chicken, salsa and cheese) from the Mexicans, this time they've gone to far...!!!  :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Sad to think something as simple and awesome as this would cause huge outrage today 

09.jpg

hqdefault (3).jpg

She should never have apologized. Clearly shes neither homophobic nor racist so she shouldnt give a fuck. She has to develop a thicker skin if shes to keep her sanity working under that kind of pressure.

"And they are only words unless they are true."

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

How do they dare stole enchiladas recipes (tortilla, chicken, salsa and cheese) from the Mexicans, this time they've gone to far...!!!  :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Besides there's something incredibly perverse about it. What can WASP people do then?  Buy enchiladas FROM latinas.  Be richer and better situated than minorities.  

I want to slap every SJW out there. 

I really like some of the things she's been talking about the last few weeks:

“People don’t let people grow,” Ms. Perry said. “They just want a time capsule. And they want them to be one thing. And we have to start reimagining that.”

Perry told the Times she’s the happiest she’s ever been.

“It’s a departure, and it’s a necessary evolution that I have to take,” she said. “And I know that sometimes it feels publicly like I’m dragging cement blocks, but like, the pyramids were made out of cement blocks — or not cement. But do you know what I’m trying to say? I’m gonna get there.”

“They want you to stand for something, but once you do, and if you don’t do it perfectly, they’re ready to take you right down.”

“All the awards shows are fake,” she said, “and all the awards that I’ve won are fake,” she added, explaining that they don’t represent the audience. “They’re constructs.”

The old Katy Perry wasn’t a construct, she explained, and she isn’t dead. “I didn’t kill her, because I love her, and she is exactly what I had to do then,” she said. “And I’m not a con artist, I didn’t con people, like, that was just me. And this is me now.”

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/06/14/arts/music/katy-perry-witness-interview.html?_r=1&referer=http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/music/katy-perry-says-all-the-awards-shes-won-are-fake/news-story/a63c1271c493e6b43ae5a927a46f225f

I don't care if the media claim this album is a "flop", i love it.

I have never been into Katy Perry, i liked all her singles but never liked her albums or cared much about her. However that all changed this year with the release of her 3 singles i was hooked. Love swish swish, maybe as its so 90s so brings me back to my teen years. Anyway i have been listening to the album non stop since it was realease.

Its very cohesive. Love all the songs especially witness, roulette. Deja vu, miss you more and pendulum. it works well as an adult album.

I think she is right she needed to shake her teeny bopper image and i think she has done it with this album. It wont sell like her previous ones (but was she ever an album seller) but its her strongest body of work and i think she should be proud of the result. 

2 hours ago, Gus said:
“They want you to stand for something, but once you do, and if you don’t do it perfectly, they’re ready to take you right down.”

THIS a million fucking times.

4 hours ago, Gus said:

I really like some of the things she's been talking about the last few weeks:

“People don’t let people grow,” Ms. Perry said. “They just want a time capsule. And they want them to be one thing. And we have to start reimagining that.”

Perry told the Times she’s the happiest she’s ever been.

“It’s a departure, and it’s a necessary evolution that I have to take,” she said. “And I know that sometimes it feels publicly like I’m dragging cement blocks, but like, the pyramids were made out of cement blocks — or not cement. But do you know what I’m trying to say? I’m gonna get there.”

“All the awards shows are fake,” she said, “and all the awards that I’ve won are fake,” she added, explaining that they don’t represent the audience. “They’re constructs.”

The old Katy Perry wasn’t a construct, she explained, and she isn’t dead. “I didn’t kill her, because I love her, and she is exactly what I had to do then,” she said. “And I’m not a con artist, I didn’t con people, like, that was just me. And this is me now.”

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/06/14/arts/music/katy-perry-witness-interview.html?_r=1&referer=http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/music/katy-perry-says-all-the-awards-shes-won-are-fake/news-story/a63c1271c493e6b43ae5a927a46f225f

My Princess! :inlove: 

Think it's awesome that she called all the awards she won "fake"! 

Very different than caca who lives for any awards she can get her slimy hands on........

11 hours ago, karbatal said:

Besides there's something incredibly perverse about it. What can WASP people do then?  Buy enchiladas FROM latinas.  Be richer and better situated than minorities.  

I want to slap every SJW out there. 

I know! 

I remember being very proud every time Madonna referenced any part of the Mexican culture in any way, like the Latin segment in the Rebel Heart Tour with the regional Tehuana costume and its matching backdrop, before evolving into a more Spanish theme with LFL.

IMG_5130.JPG

21 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Sounds like one of Janet's interludes