San

Katy Perry thread

939 posts in this topic

Getting sick and tired of the word 'flop'...

2 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

1ce55365659aa5aa1199f815c0111057.gif

Probably a Taylor Swift fan who wrote that stupid article. 

I an sick of the media going on about cultural appropriation and how Katy took too long to apologise.  She should of ignored all of that noise and stayed strong.   She is best not to mention Vanilla Regina George again. Obviously Taylor has the media in her corner at all times. 

I still think Chained to the rhythm is the best single of the year. It was also a big hit so not sure why they are trying to deny that. 

1 hour ago, Jazzy Jan said:

I an sick of the media going on about cultural appropriation

I just looked up the docu "Paris Is Burning" on youtube...the comments are full of appropriation accusations against Madonna for "stealing everything from these kids".  :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

29 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

I just looked up the docu "Paris Is Burning" on youtube...the comments are full of appropriation accusations against Madonna for "stealing everything from these kids".  :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I was honestly shocked & sad when I read about protesters going off on the director when she was scheduled to appear at the film's screening in 2015.

Totally get why some folks are so angry, but they're picking fights with their close allies & trying to rewrite history. 

58 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

She looked so amazing at the LA premiere!

willi ninja madonna paris is burning vogue.jpg

Madonna at Paris Is Burning premiere in LA_Aug 91 (5).jpg

Madonna at Paris Is Burning premiere in LA_Aug 91 (2).jpg

Madonna at Paris Is Burning premiere in LA_Aug 91 (4).jpg

Flop? But it had a great debut! 

Madonna stealing anything? But she was part of the movement! 

There should be a pact everywhere. A big pact where people everywhere stops disseminating stupid comments. This is like rumours: if you stop it, if you don't share it, if you simply pass because you know it's false or stupid, it dies there. 

If we comment on one silly comment on a obsdure thread in Facebook or YouTube, then we are part of the problem. 

Think about it, guys! We are spending half our time in this forum commenting on what some unknown has been or some unknown person says about Madonna. it's enough. 

2 hours ago, Nick said:

I was honestly shocked & sad when I read about protesters going off on the director when she was scheduled to appear at the film's screening in 2015.

Totally get why some folks are so angry, but they're picking fights with their close allies & trying to rewrite history. 

what the fuck? that's absolutely SICKENING.

48 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Flop? But it had a great debut! 

Madonna stealing anything? But she was part of the movement! 

There should be a pact everywhere. A big pact where people everywhere stops disseminating stupid comments. This is like rumours: if you stop it, if you don't share it, if you simply pass because you know it's false or stupid, it dies there. 

If we comment on one silly comment on a obsdure thread in Facebook or YouTube, then we are part of the problem. 

Think about it, guys! We are spending half our time in this forum commenting on what some unknown has been or some unknown person says about Madonna. it's enough. 

https://m.popkey.co/178c28/761aa_s-200x150.gifhttps://m.popkey.co/178c28/761aa_s-200x150.gif

5 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

https://m.popkey.co/178c28/761aa_s-200x150.gifhttps://m.popkey.co/178c28/761aa_s-200x150.gif

Resultado de imagen de wat gif

6 hours ago, 5iVe Elements said:

The media is out trashing Witness' "flop" even here in my shit country :lmao:

A lot of other musicians, would die to have a "flop" performing album under their belt. It's the case of "i put you up now i put you down" with the media again

If it was Gaga they all would praise her success.

6 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

Getting sick and tired of the word 'flop'...

Same. Everything is "flop" these days, according to them.

Hard to call the album a flop. It was just released. It's supposed to debut @ #1. CTTR was top 4. The album is a grower. "Bigger Than Me" , "Roulette" and "Deja Vu" should rule the charts this Summer/Fall. I'm Loving the album. 

The album is a total smash in my opinion. It kind of reminds me of Confessions in a weird way. There's a trance-y, spacey, trippy flow to it that I just get lost in, much like I do with Confessions. 

I'm surprised to see Deja' Vu isn't getting more love. It's been on repeat for days. 

I don't think she made this album to be the monster hit that Teenage Dream or Prism were. In fact, I don't think she EVER thought Teenage Dream would be what is was. That was an organic smash that came out at the right time. Whereas Prism was almost try-to-hard in my opinion. 

No, I think she made this for herself. This sounds more authentic, as an album, than anything she's released.

Déjà vu IS a bop.

I know Im repeating myself, but I just cant understand why everyone seems to be against Katy/Witness. She's dropping like a stone one charts and keeps getting horrible reviews. The album is really really good though... i just dont get it.

13 minutes ago, Routa said:

I know Im repeating myself, but I just cant understand why everyone seems to be against Katy/Witness. She's dropping like a stone one charts and keeps getting horrible reviews. The album is really really good though... i just dont get it.

They are summoned by evil Taylor :nervous:

Image result for taylor swift gifs

This album is far from a flop imo. The whole album is soooo good!

10 hours ago, Nick said:

Yes, Madonna should have stayed silent during the 80s. She shouldn't have spoken or try to raise awareness about AIDS and gay rights. She could just say nothing and try to please the crowds, just like every other major star from that era. Then nobody could accuse her of cultural appropriation or self interest and the world would be a better place. :huh:

Cultural appropriation gang are the worst! 

48 minutes ago, DreamTheater said:

Yes, Madonna should have stayed silent during the 80s. She shouldn't have spoken or try to raise awareness about AIDS and gay rights. She could just say nothing and try to please the crowds, just like every other major star from that era. Then nobody could accuse her of cultural appropriation or self interest and the world would be a better place. :huh:

Exactly.  Madonna has always spoken out against discrimination and should be admired for that. 

Cultural appropriation accusations are always flying at people who are NOT hateful, disrespectful, bigots or racist.  Save the deserved outrage for the people who ARE racist, bigoted and hateful.  There are enough of these horrors around everywhere who deserve to be dragged for their disgusting views. Katy Perry is not one of these people and the venom thrown at her for this is outrageous.  

Based on HDD's predictions the number of streams is way too low 

*) Katy Perry (Capitol) 180-195k SPS, 160-175k albums

14 minutes ago, sotos8 said:

Based on HDD's predictions the number of streams is way too low 

*) Katy Perry (Capitol) 180-195k SPS, 160-175k albums

Looks like she is the New Madonna after all.

Just now, Je5u5 said:

:lmao:

what is a bop???

anyways, the album is really good, I´m sure it will less good enough to keep her being a star.

30 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

:chuckle: