San

Katy Perry thread

461 posts in this topic

There is an obvious agenda at the moment to completely discredit Katy.  I have noticed she is on the "not hot"  list every week in the entertainment list of the Herald Scum, criticising one of her songs - doing it again this week with Swish Swish.  They always side with Taylor Regina George Swift over her as well on every occasion. 

Now people are trying new tactics.  All of this absolute garbage saying she is anti gay that is doing the rounds is laughable.  When Katy was touring Australia, she spoke to our then Prime Minster Tony Abbott on the phone live on the radio and she asked him " when are you going to legalise gay marriage"  to which he had no response.  There is a difference between someone getting a backlash or people not loving their new music to the absolute lies they are spreading about her everywhere. I still think it is mostly to do with her being anti Trump and also being hated by stupid fan groups such as Little Monsters and Swifties.  I don't believe for one second that Katy would discriminate against gay people or drag queens.    

I think it has far more to do with her being anti-Swift, than anti-Trump.

4 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

I think it has far more to do with her being anti-Swift, than anti-Trump.

Taylor is apparently the favourite singer of Trump supporters !  

VogueMusic,  I do think that her anti Trump stance has cost her a bit in terms of backlash etc  She seems to now always be getting criticised for untrue and weird things - like Madonna always does but not as bad as Madonna has copped  it.  I know Vanilla Regina George and her frightful brainless fembots AKA the girl squad  members such as Ruby Rose have it in for her but it is more that that.  More than simple backlash too in my opinion. 

.  The fact they are calling her out for cultural appropriation, bigotry, racism etc when it is more than obvious she is not that way is weird. It is like they are throwing any kind of mud at her and hoping a lot of it sticks.  She now has all of these groups hating her openly - Right wingers who love Trump and conspiracy theorists as well plus the cultural appropriation obsessives who keep calling her brainless.  It just crops up in virtually every mention of her in the media.  I think she will over come it all though plus I love that she is speaking her mind about politics.  I still think Chained to the Rhythm is the best song and video of the year.  

35 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

There is an obvious agenda at the moment to completely discredit Katy.  I have noticed she is on the "not hot"  list every week in the entertainment list of the Herald Scum, criticising one of her songs - doing it again this week with Swish Swish.  They always side with Taylor Regina George Swift over her as well on every occasion. 

Now people are trying new tactics.  All of this absolute garbage saying she is anti gay that is doing the rounds is laughable.  When Katy was touring Australia, she spoke to our then Prime Minster Tony Abbott on the phone live on the radio and she asked him " when are you going to legalise gay marriage"  to which he had no response.  There is a difference between someone getting a backlash or people not loving their new music to the absolute lies they are spreading about her everywhere. I still think it is mostly to do with her being anti Trump and also being hated by stupid fan groups such as Little Monsters and Swifties.  I don't believe for one second that Katy would discriminate against gay people or drag queens.    

Absolutely!

1 hour ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Taylor is apparently the favourite singer of Trump supporters !  

VogueMusic,  I do think that her anti Trump stance has cost her a bit in terms of backlash etc  She seems to now always be getting criticised for untrue and weird things - like Madonna always does but not as bad as Madonna has copped  it.  I know Vanilla Regina George and her frightful brainless fembots AKA the girl squad  members such as Ruby Rose have it in for her but it is more that that.  More than simple backlash too in my opinion. 

.  The fact they are calling her out for cultural appropriation, bigotry, racism etc when it is more than obvious she is not that way is weird. It is like they are throwing any kind of mud at her and hoping a lot of it sticks.  She now has all of these groups hating her openly - Right wingers who love Trump and conspiracy theorists as well plus the cultural appropriation obsessives who keep calling her brainless.  It just crops up in virtually every mention of her in the media.  I think she will over come it all though plus I love that she is speaking her mind about politics.  I still think Chained to the Rhythm is the best song and video of the year.  

I think it's a combination of things... and still think it's more so Taylor. In that, Taylor has a lot of connections throughout media and the industry itself, and her team has them deliberately targeting Katy. At least that's what the rumor mill is saying. Taylor has it in for her.

I'm sure her more liberal politics are getting her a bit of flack, but I doubt the hardcore Trump base was all that into her anyway. I do think that being one of the very few young pop stars right now willing to be more political made her an easy target for the right-wing media machine itself. They needed somebody to target on that front, and there she is. And then combine that with someone like Taylor being their poster child (and something tells me Taylor has good contacts in the right-wing media machine).

And then there's the liberal side, that has always had it in for her. I remember the SJW going after her years ago with how "problematic" she is. That's nothing new. I think it feels louder right now because of everything else mentioned above.

I think its all Taylor's work and I hope she gets exposed soon. She does have the power to do all this, she must be bugging her managers to go and create a marketing strategy to ruin Katy's. But of course we shouldn't disregard her anti Trump stance either. 

The worse thing nowadays is that even if she were exposed, nothing would change. Her public would only be shocked if some video of her fucking a kangaroo surfaced. Her public are Trump's supporters and they seem unaffected by all the horrid things that Trump does or thinks. 

Swift is:filth:

In my humble opinion, she's always had some backlash from right wingers on the net & don't think that  will ever stop. SJW & writers from leftist rags have more recently started to drag her pretty badly. Most of her exaggerated gaffes & harsh criticism of her music has come from .online liberal blogs & news sites.

Admit that I don't know all correct reasons for backlash, but it would be def interesting to find out main reasons!

10 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

I think it's a combination of things... and still think it's more so Taylor. In that, Taylor has a lot of connections throughout media and the industry itself, and her team has them deliberately targeting Katy. At least that's what the rumor mill is saying. Taylor has it in for her.

I'm sure her more liberal politics are getting her a bit of flack, but I doubt the hardcore Trump base was all that into her anyway. I do think that being one of the very few young pop stars right now willing to be more political made her an easy target for the right-wing media machine itself. They needed somebody to target on that front, and there she is. And then combine that with someone like Taylor being their poster child (and something tells me Taylor has good contacts in the right-wing media machine).

And then there's the liberal side, that has always had it in for her. I remember the SJW going after her years ago with how "problematic" she is. That's nothing new. I think it feels louder right now because of everything else mentioned above.

What I don't get is why someone would waste so much time and energy on trying to "destroy" someone. I mean, doesn't it take a lot of favors and influence to do something like that? Taylor Swift seems like a vindictive cunt (I mean, every straight man with half a brain knows to keep away from her at this point), but I'm not totally convinced that's the primary reason for Katy's troubles right now. It takes a combo of things - bad management, maybe a little bit of a backlash against her political outspokenness, and songs that are simply not resonating with the public. It doesn't matter how good or bad a song is. We've seen terrible songs reach #1 and great songs flop over the years. 

And yes, Katy has been the target of the so-called SJW since the beginning. Even I felt like "Ur So Gay" and "I Kissed a Girl" were offensive and opportunist. But even M didn't get as much shit for appropriating Asian and Indian cultures as Katy has. 

Anyway, neither Katy nor Taylor can sing for their lives, so this is amusing to me. I'm Team Katy though.

• I'm also team Kary all the way even though only familiar with one Taylor Swift hit "shake if off".:laugh: