San

Katy Perry thread

420 posts in this topic

Hope there's a video for the Taytay bash song.

Maybe that other cover is the 'Deluxe' cover, or something...

Either way, I kind of like all the symbolism she's playing with this time. Very Illuminati..... :IMG_1564:

I don't have any affinity for Ms. Minaj but the rest? I can picture making out with a boy or two to this on the town this summer. Love it. 

Dunno if that's official 3rd single or what it is but at least she's bringing some serious 1995 house beats!! :D At least it's different and throwback to a (so far) super overlooked era. Dunno how I feel yet about it but it DEF hits more instantly than BA. Def feeling the production and overall consistent flow which BA positively lacked. 

1 hour ago, LSD said:

Nice production.  Love mid 90s house and some sounds come directly from that era... 

BUT...

...Where the hell are the choruses?  In the 90s this would be laughed at.  Sorry but this girl has lost the perspective.  

Really like the house vibes! 

Seems like she's experimenting instead of just straight up pop......

4 minutes ago, loowee said:

People don't do big choruses anymore. It's an annoying trend.

Oh dear!  But it's pure joy a big chorus and precisely Perry was perfect about it.  

5 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Oh dear!  But it's pure joy a big chorus and precisely Perry was perfect about it.  

Yes IMO it's the main reason why her recent music is not connecting with people. They are used to Katy serving explosive melodic choruses. 

I love it. Finally a good song from katy perry this era.

3 hours ago, LSD said:

production is so 2014...next!

15 hours ago, SPM said:

Official album cover has been revealed:

katy-perry-witness.jpg?w=630&h=630&zc=1&

Horrible. Wtf is this illuminati cheap mess?

The song is fire but Nicki ruins it :banghead:

People need to fucking stop with these rappers intoxicating every single pop song.....it's annoying (oh, and a big "fuck you" to Mariah for starting the trend). 

At least make the rapper's part interesting (I Don't Give A and BIM for example, Nicki absolutely shines in them and enriches the songs even more). 

Fucking love it! Jamming in my bedroom as we speak. Dog approves also! 

Yaaassss! :inlove::inlove::inlove::queenbitch::queenbitch::queenbitch::boxing::boxing::boxing::headbang::headbang::headbang:

And...she has finally shed the bimbo pop persona. I never gave a shit before because it was empty drivel. I'm not at all surprised the boring public aren't connecting...she's outgrown them. Good for her! Maturity and integrity speak volumes :clap:

Love the latest two tracks, Bon Appetit and Swish Swish, first Katy songs I truly love and listen to a lot. Both with a fun summer vibe. 

This is the worst of the three songs released so far. Where's the chorus?

The official album cover is awful. Her neck looks huge and makes her look like some Brigitte Nielsen / E.T hybrid.

I do love that new "Swish Swish" song though. :clap:

I love the fact Katy doesnt do with the "big choruses" anymore. It's a breath of fresh air in her discography. Her new songs are sublime and I am loving it.

Had she done the big choruses some people still complain that she's not evolving so whatever.

I'm kinda tired of all this "featuring" on every fucking song. And it's not just about Katty it's about every pop star out there, these days. M included. So boring and predectible. 

New song is very good, though. I like everything I heard from this album so far.

2 hours ago, Orion said:

The song is fire but Nicki ruins it :banghead:

People need to fucking stop with these rappers intoxicating every single pop song.....it's annoying (oh, and a big "fuck you" to Mariah for starting the trend). 

At least make the rapper's part interesting (I Don't Give A and BIM for example, Nicki absolutely shines in them and enriches the songs even more). 

Nicki is the best part of the song.

tumblr_myzktx1O4M1qhmd6bo1_400.gif

1 minute ago, loowee said:

Nicki is the best part of the song.

tumblr_myzktx1O4M1qhmd6bo1_400.gif

Prince%20Different%20Strokes.gif

that gif though :lmao: