MadonnaNation.com Forums

She's always turned them down, although i believe over the next decade she will relent somewhat... 

erotica blu    0

When Oprah held her legends ball sixty was the qualifying age to be considered a legend. I think the Kennedy Center should make her an honoree by sixty. The premature loss of Prince and all other icons of the eighties are no longer. She already is in the RNR hall of fame. Might as well accept a Kennedy Center Honor. 

VogueMusic    0

I think she sees a lot of these honors as pushing an artist into 'legacy' territory (and all that comes with it), and she isn't ready for it. Yet. And I understand that.

Personally, I do think once 60 hits, there's no shame in accepting some of these honors...particularly the bigger, more respectable ones. I do think something like a Kennedy Center honor, and maybe a few others, would be reasonable to make an exception for.

billiejean    0

A Kennedy Center Honor would be awesome! I can imagine M there judging the lackluster performances in tribute to herself.

K4DEsW0MKUEZOhtbgWdMKE1aOhQaAhTIABTZMETl

loowee    0
59 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

I think she sees a lot of these honors as pushing an artist into 'legacy' territory (and all that comes with it), and she isn't ready for it. Yet. And I understand that.

Personally, I do think once 60 hits, there's no shame in accepting some of these honors...particularly the bigger, more respectable ones. I do think something like a Kennedy Center honor, and maybe a few others, would be reasonable to make an exception for.

I actually think since the Rebel Heart era she's starting to embrace her legacy. The frequent deaths of her peers might also have changed her mind. 

karbatal    0
1 hour ago, billiejean said:

A Kennedy Center Honor would be awesome! I can imagine M there judging the lackluster performances in tribute to herself.

K4DEsW0MKUEZOhtbgWdMKE1aOhQaAhTIABTZMETl

:lol:

XXL    0
1 hour ago, erotica blu said:

When Oprah held her legends ball sixty was the qualifying age to be considered a legend. I think the Kennedy Center should make her an honoree by sixty. The premature loss of Prince and all other icons of the eighties are no longer. She already is in the RNR hall of fame. Might as well accept a Kennedy Center Honor. 

Totally agree

If Petrovsky/ Baryshnikov has a KCH so should immediately have it Madonna.

Lolo    0

Never heard of that Kennedy honor, what is it about? Arts? Or just general been around long enough? 

XXL    0
37 minutes ago, Lolo said:

Never heard of that Kennedy honor, what is it about? Arts? Or just general been around long enough? 

Top annual lifetime recognition for those who have contributed to the performing arts in the US. Started in the late 70s. It is the equivalent of Britain's OBE. There's usually three or four people being awarded these KC Honours every December and they are usually introduced/feted by other artists who happen to have worked at some point with the honoree

Lolo    0

Oh ok. If they want some headlines for this award outside of the US they should really give it to M. 

I think the RH era was another turning point in her career. From Confessions thru MDNA we had a defiant, harsher Madonna who wasn't going to just rest on her laurels like most pop stars her age. We had someone putting out album covers like Hard Candy and tours like MDNA. 

There's been a noticeable change in how she's been embracing her legacy since RH. The Ellen week. The Fallon Borderline performance. The interviews in which she talked about NYC in the late 70s/early 80s The random Hillary concert with older hits. And the entire RHT itself had a hint of nostalgia to it. 

She seems to be finally realizing the emotional and nostalgic impact she's had on the lives of so many who have been both hardcore and casual fans for last 35 years. And I believe, unfortunately, the deaths of so many legends in last few years may have accelerated or triggered this. And age itself plays a roll too of course. 

I firmly believe once she's 60 and beyond, that she'll begin to embrace lifetime achievement awards. I also believe she'll continue to embrace her back catalog. Not to bank on it. But to remind the world why they fell in love her in the first place. To remind everyone why she's the biggest selling female artist of all time. And to remind us why she's the mother fucking Queen of Pop. 

loowee    0
32 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

I think the RH era was another turning point in her career. From Confessions thru MDNA we had a defiant, harsher Madonna who wasn't going to just rest on her laurels like most pop stars her age. We had someone putting out album covers like Hard Candy and tours like MDNA. 

There's been a noticeable change in how she's been embracing her legacy since RH. The Ellen week. The Fallon Borderline performance. The interviews in which she talked about NYC in the late 70s/early 80s The random Hillary concert with older hits. And the entire RHT itself had a hint of nostalgia to it. 

She seems to be finally realizing the emotional and nostalgic impact she's had on the lives of so many who have been both hardcore and casual fans for last 35 years. And I believe, unfortunately, the deaths of so many legends in last few years may have accelerated or triggered this. And age itself plays a roll too of course. 

I firmly believe once she's 60 and beyond, that she'll begin to embrace lifetime achievement awards. I also believe she'll continue to embrace her back catalog. Not to bank on it. But to remind the world why they fell in love her in the first place. To remind everyone why she's the biggest selling female artist of all time. And to remind us why she's the mother fucking Queen of Pop. 

Amen!

A better question would be is Madonna likely to be given Lifetime Achievement awards like the Kennedy Center Honors, not whether she would accept them? I'd like to see it, but I fear she is too controversial. These awards are very political. She never seems to get her due, except from us fans who know how special she is! The President attends the Kennedy Center Honors. Can you see Trump giving Madonna an award? lol  If I were in charge of the Kennedy Center Honors, I'd award Madonna and Tori Amos! They deserve it and are under appreciated. 

loowee    0
18 minutes ago, Glindathegood said:

A better question would be is Madonna likely to be given Lifetime Achievement awards like the Kennedy Center Honors, not whether she would accept them? I'd like to see it, but I fear she is too controversial. These awards are very political. She never seems to get her due, except from us fans who know how special she is! The President attends the Kennedy Center Honors. Can you see Trump giving Madonna an award? lol  If I were in charge of the Kennedy Center Honors, I'd award Madonna and Tori Amos! They deserve it and are under appreciated. 

Yeah I was getting confused when people started talking bout the honors. I can't imagine ANY president willing to do this, let alone Trump. :rotfl: 

Oh I could absolutely a progressive president giving her this honor. I could've seen Hillary giving it to her for sure. Elizabeth Warren too. 

erotica blu    0

A democratic presidency would be pro Madonna. Once sixty plus many will line up to praise her for longevity and being the living link we have to Michael, Prince, Whitney, George Michael, Bowie -- we lost too many icons prematurely and Madonna is tied to everyone I just mentioned. Madonna is a mother of six children. Lifetime achievement honors at some stuffy venue is something to embrace while you're young to enjoy it and old enough to receive it. 

karbatal    0

I can't imagine a Madonna resting on her laurels, but of course anything can happen.

I always fear she hits the jackpot with film directing and then goes that route! :rotfl:I'm always a bit relieved when she has a moderate success but nothing else. I'm that selfish. 

But it's true that these next 10 years have to be diffrent, it's not as 2008 onwards. Now we are going to another dimension in her career. 

karbatal    0
10 minutes ago, erotica blu said:

A democratic presidency would be pro Madonna. Once sixty plus many will line up to praise her for longevity and being the living link we have to Michael, Prince, Whitney, George Michael, Bowie -- we lost too many icons prematurely and Madonna is tied to everyone I just mentioned. Madonna is a mother of six children. Lifetime achievement honors at some stuffy venue is something to embrace while you're young to enjoy it and old enough to receive it. 

I don't remember any president being very proMadonna. They can pose with her and all that, but somehow they feel that she's too politically incorrect, so they choose other people. 

erotica blu    0

Nobody on the Left sees Madonna as the cultural threat she once was in the early half of her career. A democratic administration would welcome a Kennedy Center Honor for her.

IsaacHarris    0

Once 60, Madonna should get new fillers & a breast augmentation. Something tasteful, of course :wow:

erotica blu    0
7 minutes ago, IsaacHarris said:

Once 60, Madonna should get new fillers & a breast augmentation. Something tasteful, of course :wow:

Really? :lol: That's all you can think about?

Robin    0
2 hours ago, IsaacHarris said:

:blink: she doesnt need that!!! She's perf <3

Nick    0

Honestly, Madonna turning sixty freaks me out a bit. lol 

erotica blu    0
30 minutes ago, Nick said:

Honestly, Madonna turning sixty freaks me out a bit. lol 

Her never turning sixty should freak you out more.