MadonnaNation.com Forums
JR!

Luis Fonsi - Despacito ft. Daddy Yankee

7 minutes ago, mnino said:

She's releasing it on Thursday (tomorrow) according to Billboard. 

But what time is the question. Guess we'll find out any second or hour now. 

2 minutes ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

But what time is the question. Guess we'll find out any second or hour now. 

:dazed:

9 hours ago, Suedehead said:

Someone leak that fucking SNAKE's song so that Despacito can break KFC's record! 

:lmao: 

Based on available data Despacito will make history by spending a 16th week at the top. The real question is whether it can break the record and become the first 17-weeks-#1 song.

Lets see...'

Real threats are Wild Thoughts(huge radio lead at the moment) and TS6 lead.

It remains to be seen how the songs will fare from tomorrow night. It will be a tight race for the 17th, I repeat 16th is already done.

Im still a bit confused why more people aren't focusing on and happy w/ the fact Mariah wont have that f'king record ALL to herself anymore (whether it ends up in a tie or if they get 17 weeks). If they get 17 weeks, Mimi instantly resorts to (spins) it as longest #1 for a female zzz lol . 

Its Mimiphant here not Madonna, Celine, Rihanna and endless others who wouldn't give a shit or actually wish congrats. lol. Mariahs entire mental configuration and existence is solely based on having ownership of ALL her records.  Lambs are like Trump now. They know/feel more than any other time shit is about to hit the fan w/ her records. Walls are closing in. The new system clearly does not benefit Mariah. Streaming and all the other factors have caused several songs just in the last 4 years to come thisclose to toppling her over and she knows it. Rihanna WILL surpass her #1s.  Once the music is slightly less cringe worthy, she'll smack her down with ease. 

Pariah and lambs have been bragging about OSD, the payola single, having the most weeks #1 song among ALL artists.

Although she could still brag about the female having the longest week but in the public eye, OSD lost the lead.

4 hours ago, Jester said:

Based on available data Despacito will make history by spending a 16th week at the top. The real question is whether it can break the record and become the first 17-weeks-#1 song.

Lets see...'

Real threats are Wild Thoughts(huge radio lead at the moment) and TS6 lead.

It remains to be seen how the songs will fare from tomorrow night. It will be a tight race for the 17th, I repeat 16th is already done.

WT (180m) has a slight advantage over D (155m) when it comes to airplay but D's streaming (17.8m) is 4 times higher than WT (3.87m).

Moreover, D's download (#3 & # 18) is higher than WT (#11).

Bear in mind Streaming has 50% share based on last week chart's point ratio.

14 hours ago, iasonas said:

Hot100 Predictions

1 Despacito 511 (=) -4% (16th Week at No1) *TIES RECORD*

2 Wild Thoughts 394 (=) -13%

As you can see, D has 1.3 points lead over WT.

Therefore it's important to do well in Streaming.

In other words, if TS 1st week streaming is exclusive to Apple music according to hitsdaily, D will have a higher chance to get the 17 week #1.

13 hours ago, mnino said:

She's releasing it on Thursday (tomorrow) according to Billboard. 

That's a "good news".

4 hours ago, horn said:

Pariah and lambs have been bragging about OSD, the payola single, having the most weeks #1 song among ALL artists.

Although she could still brag about the female having the longest week but in the public eye, OSD lost the lead.

She can't even do that. Boyz II Men are lead artists on OSD. 

1 hour ago, MCHL said:

Well it was in her album. Same as #Beautiful. It was pretty much Miguel feat Mariah.

1 hour ago, MCHL said:

The song indicated "Mariah Carey AND Boyz II Men", therefore she can 'cos she's one of the lead.

Taylor Swift is killing it...  Hoping it's just frontloaded and will last only a day or three... but sadly, the song is quite catchy but may be too repetitive for some...

^^^ I don't find it catchy at all

They're definitely aiming for #1.  Releasing the official video juts a few days after the lyric video will have a huge impact on streams, as who has watched the lyric video will most likely then watch the official video.  A very clever move.  The US will end up with a tied record next week, but it won't be broken the week after that (in spite of the quality of Taylor's latest.  It's annoying that Katy Perry couldn't get a #1 with the (IMO) far superior "Chained to the Rhythm", yet Taylor will with this...

1 hour ago, Carta said:

They're definitely aiming for #1.  Releasing the official video juts a few days after the lyric video will have a huge impact on streams, as who has watched the lyric video will most likely then watch the official video.  A very clever move.  The US will end up with a tied record next week, but it won't be broken the week after that (in spite of the quality of Taylor's latest.  It's annoying that Katy Perry couldn't get a #1 with the (IMO) far superior "Chained to the Rhythm", yet Taylor will with this...

I dont think she'll fall the week after either at this point :/. Yes, Taylor's song is hideous and possibly the worst lead song of the year by a major artist (male and esp female) its just that there's basically NO competition or any new hot up and coming songs. Mainly old, dusty songs just been floating for several months. Even if sales tank, she'll get tons of streaming and views etc...Luis has simply been hanging by a thread for the same reason as Taylor- no competition. Unfortunately it's falling off a cliff now with airplay and Taylor killed any minor momentum left it had. If airplay was at least stable, slim chance it could bounce back to #1 for a week.

I think Cardi B will prob take over #2 in the next few weeks. What a disaster this year has been politically and with music and pop culture :/. Summer 2010- especially 2013 had soo many fun jams competing. Polar opposite this summer. 

ARE THEY both performing at sundays vmas?

Something that would pretty much guarantee a return to #1 for "Despacito" would be a proper video for the Justin Beiber remix.  Justin's not big on videos, and Luis Fonsi/Daddy Yankee don't have enough sway to convince him to film one (unlike DJ Khaled), but a video featuring all three would attract a heap of attention.  I think it's only in the last couple of week's that "Despacito" has dropped significantly in terms of overall points.  Two weeks ago, it had around 1.45 times more points than "Wild Thoughts", which has had the biggest chance of dethroning "Despacito" in recent times.  Its margin narrowed significantly last week, though.

The Latin American are streaming D hard!

There's an increase in streaming.

Thought this was cute, the bloke isn't bad either :inlove:

D back on streaming #1!

Go Latin American!

WERK!!!! :demonic: 

1. Luis Fonsi - Despacito ft. Daddy Yankee 18,703,083

2. Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do (Lyric Video) 18,550,960

3. J. Balvin, Willy William - Mi Gente (Official Video) 12,218,965

4. Katy Perry - Swish Swish (Official) ft. Nicki Minaj 10,172,935

5. Chalti Hai Kya 9 Se 12 | Judwaa 2 | Varun | Jacqueline | Taapsee | David Dhawan | Anu Malik 9,409,525

1 hour ago, horn said:

D back on streaming #1!

Go Latin American!

WERK!!!! :demonic: 

1. Luis Fonsi - Despacito ft. Daddy Yankee 18,703,083

2. Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do (Lyric Video) 18,550,960

3. J. Balvin, Willy William - Mi Gente (Official Video) 12,218,965

4. Katy Perry - Swish Swish (Official) ft. Nicki Minaj 10,172,935

5. Chalti Hai Kya 9 Se 12 | Judwaa 2 | Varun | Jacqueline | Taapsee | David Dhawan | Anu Malik 9,409,525

yeah but will it matter much this week? Hope there is SOME chance Taylor falls hard somehow in the next few weeks and they get that 17th week. Just dunno how. :/ 

it's pretty certain she will debut in #1 and she will camp there unfortunately .Hope i'm wrong but it's not only her huge sales but also streaming

39 minutes ago, sotos8 said:

it's pretty certain she will debut in #1 and she will camp there unfortunately .Hope i'm wrong but it's not only her huge sales but also streaming

the sales tracking will be from Aug 25 to Aug 31... if it gets a little close by August 31 in the sales department, it will be close...

7 minutes ago, littleGuzman said:

16 weeks at n1 yasssssss

Mimi must be ordering trucks of KFC now to drown her sorrow. 

It seems like TS download & streaming are slowing down... or maybe it's just me.

2 hours ago, mtzlplk said:

the sales tracking will be from Aug 25 to Aug 31... if it gets a little close by August 31 in the sales department, it will be close...

Yeah while I think Taylors got this... prob. easily the only hope (which I can't see happening) is if the US follows the rest of the world and the song just starts to crash in all formats. I still can't see radio being over this for that long like her other singles. If not this week then next week which I think it's all about now. With such an objectively bad, universally panned silly song (outside her hardcore fan base) I still have some hope the GP will not stay interested in this after the hype wears off. Only 'cause it's Taylor just won't be as fast as we'd like versus almost ANY other artist. Look at Katy :/. Luis better do something..anything in the next week or two to squeeze that 17th week. We know he DEF wants the record. Not just a tie. 

5 minutes ago, horn said:

It seems like TS download & streaming are slowing down... or maybe it's just me.

No not just you. Slowly but surely D is climbing back on iTunes. If it accelerates who knows but she has the damn video premiere tomorrow night. I'm afraid it's those first few days though where the biggest damage may have been done. Again, think it's all about next  week and slim chance the week after long as Cardi or someone else doesn't explode w/ something out of nowhere. I'm sure Luis is seriously monitoring everything like we are!  ;) lol