MadonnaNation.com Forums
JR!

Luis Fonsi - Despacito ft. Daddy Yankee

This song is smashing in Billboard at #4 this week! Get those hits my BORICUAS! :)

According to Billboard, it's mainly thanks to the Justin Bieber remix. The week the Justin remix was released, song went 48-9.

"The release of the remix (on April 17) spurs a 129 percent surge in U.S. streams, to 24.1 million (in the tracking week ending April 20, according to Nielsen Music), more than doubling its own record for the most weekly streams for a core Spanish song. The original version of "Despacito" earned 10.9 million streams on the April 15-dated chart.

Digital sales for "Despacito" soar 510 percent to 60,000, as the track re-enters at No. 8 on the all-genre Digital Song Sales chart (where it had previously peaked at No. 48)."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/latin/7768225/justin-bieber-remix-luis-fonsi-daddy-yankee-despacito-hot-100-top-10

This song is one of the biggest phenomenom in music in Spain since a couple of months and I cant' understand it. I found the song so incredibly absurd! 

I honestly honestly honestly don't understand the love for the song, it's such a generic, basic sounding, simple lyrics, heard it all before kind of song... well maybe that's why everyone loves it. 😂

I found it to be as bad as Ricky Martins "vente pa' Ca" but these guys really hit it with the previous song, good for them! 

I agree that the Justin inclusion gave it a boost in the English markets but it was already a phenomenon before in the Spanish speaking ones. 

this song will be number 1 for months.Of course, justin is helping in the anglo markets, but it´s a huge phenomenon worldwide! it´s not a bad song, but when I first heard it  Thought it was an old one...it´s more of the same.gosh, every summer songs are the same crap!

biggest latin hit this decade

poors Maluma and Shakira jajaja

5 hours ago, Pedro said:

I honestly honestly honestly don't understand the love for the song, it's such a generic, basic sounding, simple lyrics, heard it all before kind of song... well maybe that's why everyone loves it. 😂

I found it to be as bad as Ricky Martins "vente pa' Ca" but these guys really hit it with the previous song, good for them! 

I agree that the Justin inclusion gave it a boost in the English markets but it was already a phenomenon before in the Spanish speaking ones. 

youth love it 

3 minutes ago, littleGuzman said:

youth love it 

Are u calling me old :old: 

😂😂😂

This is generic as fuck! It is like any Maluma-Ricky-Shakira-Reggaetonish crap that some corporates have been pushing for for the last 10 years. Who the hell listens to this? And yes, I am old! lol

US iTunes 

n 2

my assss.....

Just now, Pedro said:

Are u calling me old :old: 

😂😂😂

:flirt:

50 minutes ago, littleGuzman said:

:flirt:

😘

I heard this song at work the other day pretty much gave me cancer . I didnt realize it was it was a new song lmaoo. I usually wear headphones at work since i dont like the type of music my coworker listens to(regetton,the same 10 bachata songs, dem bow (litteraly makes me want to shoot my self ), top40 urban music )

Song is Generic AF lmaoo

It's funny how good old Luis Fonsi is willing to jump to ANY bandwagon for a hit.

For those who don't know him, he's been known as a ballads singer for about 15 years in the Latin market.

Looks like there's some Warner level fuckery going on with his early music videos on YouTube so here's what's probably his signature song (until now I guess) live:

I am amazed at Latin hits these past years.  From Enrique to last year's Bicicleta and now this.  No wonder Trump Brexit and Le Pen happen.  People are stupid. 

They played this @ the club last night & the girls went CRAZY :rotfl:

It was an opportunity for a bathroom break.

I don't think there's a day where I don't hear this song, everyone on the island is playing it to death. Horrible.

#3 on the Hot 100. Crazy times.

57 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

#3 on the Hot 100. Crazy times.

Well-deserved. :lol: 

Poor people always listen to this shit here. 

Smashing in the UK! #1 this week! 

Do you think that it will reach #1 in the USA?

#1 on Billboard 100 this week! :) :) :)

STUPID BITCH .......

yes months ago,  I  was thinking that Alejandra could feat in that song perfectly  SOOOOO