MadonnaNation.com Forums
KalamazooJay

Madonna songs that finally CLICK.

Anyone have songs that you've bypassed for years? Songs that you may have enjoyed but never 'clicked' with you upon first listen? 

Why's It So Hard, Keep It Together, and ESPECIALLY Over and Over have been absolute OBSESSIONS of mine for the last month or so. It's not as if I didn't like them, I just never paid too much attention to them. It's almost as if they're new singles in a Madonna drought right now lol. 

MCHL    0

Funnily enough "Cherish" 

I've always considered it the dregs of the LAP album. But it came on a Madonna playlist and I gave it a chance and wave of exuberance and warmth came over my body and I literally got CHILLS from it and since then I can't get enough of it. 

vocalism    0

Funnily enough "Cherish" 

I've always considered it the dregs of the LAP album. But it came on a Madonna playlist and I gave it a chance and wave of exuberance and warmth came over my body and I literally got CHILLS from it and since then I can't get enough of it. 

I never thought it was the "dregs," but "Cherish" was always a "filler" track for me. In recent years I've recognized how sophisticated the musical and vocal arrangements are. It's a gem. 

Maddylvr    0

Time Stood Still, American Pie and I'll Remember. Great soundtrack songs that I never really paid much attention to. 

loowee    0

Cherish. I used to think it was the worst and most cheesy song on LAP, but in 2014 something clicked and it is now one of my all time Top 10 songs. 

Ugly Hecty    0

Who's That Girl after the Rebel Heart tour. Always found the original very hollow, but loved the acoustic version on the tour.

Cyber raga and Time Stood Still. Due to the recent leak of their early versions I've given them both a lot of play and have rediscovered Time Stood Still, and have a new appreciation of Cyber Raga

LVX    0

Push. I disliked it for years but now I've warmed up to it. :angel:

DagIN    0

Cyber raga and Time Stood Still. Due to the recent leak of their early versions I've given them both a lot of play and have rediscovered Time Stood Still, and have a new appreciation of Cyber Raga

Recent leak of their early versions? Must have missed that.

Nora    0

Who's that girl. I mean I always kinda liked it but it was never a favourite. Now I love it. Especially since RHT.

Rain....didn't like that at first listen.

Crux    0

Impressive Instant. Hated it when I first heard the album and didn't understand what all the fuss was about....but I now like it. (but don't love it).

Sanctuary is another one.

Hung Up. NEVER understood the global love for this song. Hated it, especially that Abba sample. Liked it for the very first time about a month or so ago.

Jazzy Jan    0

Dear Jessie -  Have come to appreciate this more and more over time.  

Heartbreak City - Went from being a song I did not really rate to being an absolute favourite.  After I saw the Rebel Heart tour live, it clicked completely.  The drama, passion and her vocals are epic and I can't believe it took me so long to fully appreciate it.  

Secret - When it was released I was a little under-whelmed and liked it but did not love it.  I now love it. 

I'm Addicted - did like it at all at first but now love it. 

Great to see so many people on this thread getting to love Cherish - possibly the most joyful and pure love song ever.  

Heartbreak City - Went from being a song I did not really rate to being an absolute favourite.  After I saw the Rebel Heart tour live, it clicked completely.  The drama, passion and her vocals are epic and I can't believe it took me so long to fully appreciate it.  

Secret - When it was released I was a little under-whelmed and liked it but did not love it.  I now love it. 

Great to see so many people on this thread getting to love Cherish - possibly the most joyful and pure love song ever.  

Same! At the time I found it, dare I say, kinda boring? After 10 years of releasing these EPIC first singles from her albums, Secret just fell flat for me. I liked it, but didn't love it.

But my oh my, has that song aged well. Easily in my top 20 fave Madonna songs ever. It can literally be placed on ANY kind of play list. And I've found that it's universally loved by non Madonna fans. 

mamifero    0

I'm so loving all this new found love for Cherish :cries:

One of my favorite LAP tracks

Nikki    0

i thought you loved dear jessie first time you heard it. it's such a typical song you would like :p

tht got me into true blue. the video clip was too corny and silly for me but now I love the song. the chorus is amazing

Lolo    0

Today. First time I ever truly enjoyed Rescue Me. What a bop, could have been huge with a more evolved chorus. The spoken parts are majestic! 

jonski43    0

Candy Shop. I thought it was terrible but the MDNA tour mix made it a highlight and then seeing it in RHT close up made me love how fun it is.

Nick    0

Have found a greater appreciation for songs off True Blue! 

Jazzy Jan    0

i thought you loved dear jessie first time you heard it. it's such a typical song you would like :p

tht got me into true blue. the video clip was too corny and silly for me but now I love the song. the chorus is amazing

There was an appreciation thread for Dear Jessie here a little while back and it really got to appreciate it properly.  Like a Prayer is probably my favourite Madonna album ever and while I thought this song was cute and sweet, never felt it was in the same league as other songs on it.  Hearing it completely on it's own in a thread that did not talk about the album,  I heard how unique and lovely it was.  

FreeMySoul    0

I'll remember stopped me in my tracks the other day so much I can appreciate being older