MadonnaNation.com Forums

Something exciting coming very soon from the very brilliant Bananarama!

Yesterday we had just one Banana on the slot machine...

https://twitter.com/VivaBananarama/status/855451496917479424

and today, we have TWO Banana's on the slot machine...

https://twitter.com/VivaBananarama/status/855814055227011072

So, we can only wonder at how many Banana's tomorrow will bring :wow: :Disco_Ball::clap:  

A reunion!  How exciting.  Siobhan looks fantastic.  Did not recognise her at first.

Yes - exciting stuff! I can't wait to see them in November! More news on the tour and other Bananarama news still to come!

Bananarama live.jpg

Interviews are starting to show up, Keren says the tour will focus on their hits, not new music, and they decided to do this over xmas. So it seems unlikely there is an album with Siobhan coming. Sara and Keren have been working on an album for a while and have hinted at new music so it will be interesting to see if they will release a duo album at the same time, or hold off. Siobhan says they want to do the hits and more, but they haven't worked the more part out yet. I hope they will do some lesser known singles or album tracks.

If November’s UK tour goes well, they would like to hit the road in the US, so Fahey can play in LA, and her friends can see it. What about an album? “We’re looking at doing a single, but I’m not sure I was supposed to say that,” Dallin reveals. Fahey says they’re just going to “experiment creatively” in the studio, and see what comes out of it.

Wow this is so great 

They should do an album together. And tour all Europe!!!!! 

I'm surprised this is happening with Siobhan when she didn't get on with the other two. I wouldn't mind getting tickets.

Loved the Nana's.

I'm surprised this is happening with Siobhan when she didn't get on with the other two. I wouldn't mind getting tickets.

Loved the Nana's.

They've been friends again for a while. The death of their friend George Michael got them thinking life is too short to hold off on this any longer.

In further interviews (they are popping up everywhere) they say they would like to extend the tour around the world, and they will be performing Venus on TV soon.

Hopefully getting tickets tomorrow! As it's the three of them I'd like to see them. They were such a big part of the early eighties music scene.

I am so back into the nana's

I hope they do an album of new stuff and come to America next year!

Really like their new wave singles from 81 to 84. 

They have so many early UK hits that never charted in US. 

On 2017-5-12 at 8:17 AM, Nick said:

Really like their new wave singles from 81 to 84. 

They have so many early UK hits that never charted in US. 

That was their best era - those tribal beats were amazing. The SAW years really cheapened their sound. 

Really Say Something, NaNaHeyHey, Cruel Summer are all such eighties classics

they were one at the beginning of SAW (at least in US) only Dead Or Alive had a huge hit....they say that is why they chose them...they wanted Venus to sound similar to "You Spin Me Round"...then it seemed like SAW was on fire and others jumped on board (Kylie, Rick, Donna, Samantha)

I've recently discovered them again...and re purchased all the London Records era (except "Please Yourself"...I can live without that one)...but this time the hardcase albums with bonus tracks and videos from Edsel....excellent reissues!

Such pretty girls/women then & now.  Had a crush on Siobhan, but all were and still are very attractive.  Also loved that Graham Norton show w/Jennifer Saunders & Joanna Lumley from Absolutely Fabulous where they talked about Bananarama and hanging out with them.

starts @ 2:25

I always suspected Bananarama had some influence on Ab Fab but I thought maybe I was just imagining things.

Promo begins! They were on Graham Norton's radio show this morning and are musical guests on the first of his new TV run next Friday and are looking Fabulous!

nana 11.jpg