Sky Fits Heaven

M & Missy Elliott: Was it just business or friendship?

32 posts in this topic

I love Missy Elliot, just not their collaborations.

They were not as great as they should've been.

I think that's a common occupance with Madonnas collaborations.

Love song both Prince and Madonna has produced so much better solo, it was fairly limp.

MATM Britney and Madonna again so much stronger apart, and her vocal just sounded slapped on to a song totally about Britney.

4 Minutes. A great song but again sounds more Justin featuring Madonna she doesnt even sing the lead line and it's all but forgotten now.

GMAYL. Fun song but one of her worst ever leads, and the song that has divided the fans the most it seems!

None of her duets have lived up to the hype.

I believe Missy bowed out from show business for a good while because she was dealing with an illness.

As for the Madonna collaborations...business and mutual respect, probably. Missy has never been shy about her true respect and admiration for Madonna.

Yes Missy bowed out because she was dealing with Graves disease

Also, yes at the fact they only got together for business… Missy was very hot at that time ('03)

I don't think they necessarily dislike/hate each other nonetheless… Game recognize game.

I don't think they necessarily dislike/hate each other nonetheless… Game recognize game.

There's no 'dislike' whatsoever, as Missy has always (and still) gives major love to M.

Also, yes at the fact they only got together for business… Missy was very hot at that time ('03)

+1

And their Gap advertising campaign was a "sucess". Well. at least when compared with 2003 Gap's sales...

content?id=Sf4DAAAAMBAJ&hl=pt-BR&pg=PT25

However, that same collaboration (and the VMA performance) didn't help the American Life sales that much...

content?id=bw8EAAAAMBAJ&hl=pt-BR&pg=PA57

I enjoyed the performance of Into the Groove on the RIT where she was on the backdrop. Wish she would collaborate with her again. She's way better than M.I.A. for example.

And for a taste of Madonna's sugar walls.

I enjoyed the performance of Into the Groove on the RIT where she was on the backdrop. Wish she would collaborate with her again. She's way better than M.I.A. for example.

No she isn't but she has better manners and memory