loowee

Camille Paglia talks Madonna AGAIN.

96 posts in this topic

Because Paglia doesn't want to be a woman

"I'm very troubled by Chastity Bono's announcement which is going to mainstream, obviously, the issue of transgender. I mean, Chastity Bono has many many issues in her life, and to think that this is the answer, I mean, everybody can see that this is not, this is not the reason Chastity Bono has been unhappy her whole life. And now, at the age of 40, to make this transition, to mutilate the body, in effect, I'm concerned about it because when I was young I was convinced I was the wrong sex. If these things were in the air, I could see myself going down that road." -Camille Paglia

I'm completely in the tank with Paglia over trans kids. But grown ups in midlife know if they choose to transition they're not making a frivolous mistake. 

Because Paglia doesn't want to be a woman

"I'm very troubled by Chastity Bono's announcement which is going to mainstream, obviously, the issue of transgender. I mean, Chastity Bono has many many issues in her life, and to think that this is the answer, I mean, everybody can see that this is not, this is not the reason Chastity Bono has been unhappy her whole life. And now, at the age of 40, to make this transition, to mutilate the body, in effect, I'm concerned about it because when I was young I was convinced I was the wrong sex. If these things were in the air, I could see myself going down that road." -Camille Paglia

Who the fuck does this chick think she is to psycho analyze these people?  What a twat. 

Wow okay.. It's actually my second post and I haven't been 'lurking' I just don't have time to post.

Two things: 

1. So your fourth post, which would appear 6 months from now, will be about how "shit" Rebel Heart is? 

2. Can you please fuck off? Because I don't think Madonna's career needs a "fan" like this. 

Exactly.

tumblr_mwodimg53e1ql5yr7o2_250.gif

This gif personifies how I feel about Camille. Bravo.

"I don't know her" in Mariah's tone of voice... 

Two things: 

1. So your fourth post, which would appear 6 months from now, will be about how "shit" Rebel Heart is? 

2. Can you please fuck off? Because I don't think Madonna's career needs a "fan" like this. 

Again, wow ok

This is my fourth post so how about that?

I thought personal attacks and abuse of forum members was against the guidelines? 

Again, wow ok

This is my fourth post so how about that?

I thought personal attacks and abuse of forum members was against the guidelines? 

OMG so your fourth post is NOT you whining how "shit" the Rebel Heart album is! :shock: I'm very impressed, really. 

OMG so your fourth post is NOT you whining how "shit" the Rebel Heart album is! :shock: I'm very impressed, really. 

Omg what are you like? 

I loved Rebel Heart!

I don't understand the abuse, all I said was that I really didn't like her Met Ball outfit and wish she would cut her hair shorter again! 

There are much worse things being said around here!!

As always with these two, what are they doing? Talking about her. What is Madonna doing? Not giving a shit about either of them and probably working harder than both of them ever have.

Andy Cohen is obsessed with Madonna and jumps at the chance of doing ANYTHING that's even slightly Madonna-related. And I kind of liked him and believed his sincerity but I felt that slight dig in there and I do not appreciate that at all. Cohen interviewed Madonna for Entertainment Weekly during rehearsals for the Rebel Heart Tour, met her a ton of times in the past and is even featured in the RHT ShowTime edit. He either DOES love "the current day Madonna" and said what he said just to please Pukeglia or he's been fake *ahum* this entire time towards Madonna.

As for Camille... Just SHUT THE FUCK UP. Her feminism could do with a 2017 re-boot. If everything was so much better "back in the day" please stay there and do us all a favor and leave us alone in the current day and age. Oh and by the way Cuntmille, young people DO know about Madonna and her place in popculture and way beyond. I was born in the mid-nineties. I know LOADS of people my age who have the exact same adoration level for Madonna than I do. Sure, not every 12 year old is as obsessed with Madonna as they are with Selena Gomez but that's just called the time we fucking live in. Maybe you should look that up. It'd might work out for ya deluded "I'm a social commentator" gig. It's 2017 bitch, everyone's a social commentator now. So besides that sham of an educating career, what the f*ck are you contributing to that next generation? Sitting on a pannel with a guy who's pimping out delusional Hollywood women begging for a storyline is not as "faux-feminist" of you as Lena showing her so called "I'm so normal and relatable" body on television? Get a grip. My age group is more interested in knowing what Madonna writes in her Instagram captions than they are in your 15 page published articles. Besides the handful of working editors who still know your name from back in the day, no one gives a fuck about your opinion. So take your shitty opinion on a woman who never asked for your validation to begin with (didn't stop you from gushing about her for 2 decades either) and shove it up your ass.

^^ well said 

That Cohen is one asshole of a bitch I must say. I noticed he tries to get people to be nasty bitches towards other artists/celebrities. 

^^ well said 

That Cohen is one asshole of a bitch I must say. I noticed he tries to get people to be nasty bitches towards other artists/celebrities. 

Exactly and not surprisingly Mariah is always a guest on his show...... I don't doubt he's a fan, but I don't like this attitude at all. He's always trying to create some drama.....

Yeah Yeah, Madge should just disappear and go into hiding to keep the MYSTIQUE alive (yes some EX members here actually thought that) while this washed up old never-was gets to go on forever spouting her own brand of feminism that consists of telling a woman what she should do, say, wear and look like? I think not. And if she's so enamoured of the decaying glamour of Garbo and other assorted vain relics, then why does she herself look like a cross between a hobo and a truck driver? Fuck you Camille Haglia.

:clap::clap::clap:

Agree 100 %  

I really am struggling to understand how anyone can defend this woman in regards to what she ways about Madonna.  Plus, the hypocrisy is startling.  How can a "feminist"  complain about how any woman chooses to look or present herself as she gets older ?   Isn't feminism all about choice ?  Why on Earth do so many women feel that they can tell or dictate to others how they should look.   Plus she keeps talking about the beauty and mystique of women why throwing so many under the bus for how they look but then makes no effort at all herself in regards to how she looks.  Another sign of her absolute hypocrisy.  It takes all kinds to make up this world and she as a so called academic should know and respect that. 

Feminists should be fighting for equal rights for woman and respect for everyone.  Not talking about how women should look as they age. 

Well said. I couldn't agree more.

Andy Cohen is obsessed with Madonna and jumps at the chance of doing ANYTHING that's even slightly Madonna-related. And I kind of liked him and believed his sincerity but I felt that slight dig in there and I do not appreciate that at all. Cohen interviewed Madonna for Entertainment Weekly during rehearsals for the Rebel Heart Tour, met her a ton of times in the past and is even featured in the RHT ShowTime edit. He either DOES love "the current day Madonna" and said what he said just to please Pukeglia or he's been fake *ahum* this entire time towards Madonna.

He's a Madonna LOON. He brings her up on WWHL endlessly. He's so bitter she's never appeared I kind of hope she never does :chuckle:

^^ well said 

Totally, so annoying and superficial, and unfunny as it gets

I remember stalkerish, frivolous, slightly passive-aggressive Cohen a couple of years ago relating a story about how he once happened to be sitting nearby Madonna on a commercial flight and how he asked her why on Earth she was flying commercial and she said that she doesn't like wasting money and he gave a very annoying answer to that.

When it was announced Madonna was going to guest on Carpool Karaoke he posted about how she was doing every TV spot on Earth bar his. What a douche, as if Madonna, of all celebrities, is the type to appear often on the small screen to begin with

Anderson Cooper he is not. Class, intelligence, education and looks that is

Exactly and not surprisingly Mariah is always a guest on his show...... I don't doubt he's a fan, but I don't like this attitude at all. He's always trying to create some drama.....

Exactly

That's why he relates so well to diva dahlin Mariah and has her on all the time, very unpleasant type of personality

Mariah is a US-centred has been so it's not like she has that many other options at this unfortunate stage in her career anyway.

Madonna has generally always shunned being a TV darling since the early years of fame.

Exactly

That's why he relates so well to diva dahlin Mariah and has her on all the time, very unpleasant type of personality

Mariah is a US-centred has been so it's not like she has that many other options at this unfortunate stage in her career anyway.

Madonna has generally always shunned being a TV darling since the early years of fame.

'Nuff said.

IMG_5428.JPG

I love Andy Cohen. He is harmless. I've seen him looning out at a bunch of Madonna concerts over the years. He'll get her on his show when Madonna releases her next album in 2037.

Yes, Andy Cohen adores Madonna.  I think he brings her up on his show because he loves her and wants to talk about her.  :lol:  He defended her to that bitter witch Camille as well. Easier said than done when she was a guest on his show and loves the sound of her own voice. He shut her up too, she had no answer for his Madonna defence. His job is to create talking points and I will always give him credit for talking of his love for Madonna and defending her. 

05:50

:ugh:

I think Andy was meaning that in jest.  It is his sense of humour.  He loves Madonna and Michelle and was joking that because he has said they were the two people he wanted the most to appear on his show, they won't come on because they know how much he wants them and it would drive him crazy.  It was not really meant as shade but as a joke. I think his love and admiration for them is sweet. 

Would be kinda curious to see M on Andy's show just because he's really into her music. Not crazy about how he interviews those retarded housewives.:lol: I did enjoy the recent interview he did with both Rupaul & Naomi Campbell.