loowee

Camille Paglia talks Madonna AGAIN.

95 posts in this topic

I can't @ some people here trying to defending Camille. This cunt thinks Madonna hasn't done a good thing since the mid-90s. Yes she hates ROL, Music, AL and COADF too. 

Camille Pag who? I thought that whore died! NOBODY CARES.

Same here. She is saying everything we would be criticising the likes of Pathetic Piers for.  Her comments about Madonna, her work, how she has not aged gracefully, has wrecked her legacy etc is something that goes against everything we believe in. She is a sexist ageist hypocrite and her words are demeaning and vicious towards Madonna and other women.  No excuses for her whatsoever. She has not liked Madonna for years and is a bitter nasty know it all. Madonna has done more for women in her life with her music and fearless attitude than Camille will ever do with her judgements on other women. 

Madonna should name the next album "TRAVESTY!"

"It's a travesty...with you I have no choice..."

Can you imagine how much we would all be scolded in this thread if a certain somebody was still here......:newspaper:

How NICE that you've lurked here for 2 years and decided to make THIS your first post.

Wow okay.. It's actually my second post and I haven't been 'lurking' I just don't have time to post.

Camille is awful now (at least about Madonna).  She is so predictable.  It's pathetic.

Pud loves her

I like her too. But for some strange reason she has a personal vendetta against Madonna and looses it when talking about her. Other than that I always enjoyed her lashing out, she was perfectly on point about Gaga.

Pud loves her

she has interesting opinions aside from her weird madonna vendetta. we can't all agree about everything

Madonna should name the next album "TRAVESTY!"

Too easy for her detractors to use especially if it isn't a commercial or critical return for her.

she has interesting opinions aside from her weird madonna vendetta. we can't all agree about everything

I like her. But no one's opinion matters more than mine.

I can't @ some people here trying to defending Camille. This cunt thinks Madonna hasn't done a good thing since the mid-90s. Yes she hates ROL, Music, AL and COADF too. 

She's a fan with shitty feelings about the direction of Madonna's career. How is she any different than any of us except she's a famous person?

She's a fan with shitty feelings about the direction of Madonna's career. How is she any different than any of us except she's a famous person?

No, she's an academic who's supposed 2 shed light on female sexuality depicted in the arts throughout history, therefore she should discuss Madonna and her work in a socio cultural context and not talk about what she wants her 2 b. Unless she wants 2 give up her title as professor and join join this forum.

No, she's an academic who's supposed 2 shed light on female sexuality depicted in the arts throughout history, therefore she should discuss Madonna and her work in a socio cultural context and not talk about what she wants her 2 b. Unless she wants 2 give up her title as professor and join join this forum.

People from academia are not as lofty and bright as we hold them. In reality they are us with meaningless credentials to justify having an audience. 

Agreed. I think 90's Madonna has some of her most rich, experimental videos of her career. I think that's what Camille was saying that the work has declined. She's given us some gems since then but a lot of it has either been (on tour/photoshoot/dancing in front of a wall) but it can be due to the fact videos aside from streaming/YouTube certifications aren't a huge thing as they were during the TRL era. Sure we get visual albums and all from other artists but I think M has shifted her focus to touring and those visuals are sometimes better than videos meant to support her album releases. I think with RH she seemed interested in videos again but I'd love for M to bring something truly left field when it comes to videos again. Bedtime Story is honestly one of those videos that takes several viewing to believe and understand imo.

I've gotten shit from fans on here (and elsewhere) for saying M's music and videos have declined since the '90s, but how can we expect someone to be brilliant for that long? What other artist is operating at the same level as their peak 35 years later? It just isn't reasonable to expect that of anyone, including Madonna. That said, there are certainly things she could easily AVOID doing to stop damaging her legacy among casual/non-fans, but that's a whole other topic.

This I don't understand. I could see why someone like Camille would have issues with Madonna since, say, 2003, but what is her issue with ROL? I honestly haven't followed much of what she's said about M since the early 90s. She had a problem with M buttoning up and being "mature" in the late 90s and early 00s...but also has a problem with M now, which is the complete opposite?  

Wish more feminists & cultural critics would recognize & discuss Madonna's impact!. I'm no expert on feminism at all, but seems Madonna is usually left out of important conversations on gender, race, sexuality, class, ageism, etc. 

Guess it's partly due to the generation gap  & the focusing on younger artists at this time. 

Yeah Yeah, Madge should just disappear and go into hiding to keep the MYSTIQUE alive (yes some EX members here actually thought that) while this washed up old never-was gets to go on forever spouting her own brand of feminism that consists of telling a woman what she should do, say, wear and look like? I think not. And if she's so enamoured of the decaying glamour of Garbo and other assorted vain relics, then why does she herself look like a cross between a hobo and a truck driver? Fuck you Camille Haglia.

She is not a fan.  Anybody who talks about Madonna like she does has no respect or understanding of her.  Plus, someone who has not liked her since Vogue is definitely an "ex-fan"  if ever was one.   We are giving this witch too much credit is we describe her as a fan 

Yeah Yeah, Madge should just disappear and go into hiding to keep the MYSTIQUE alive (yes some EX members here actually thought that) while this washed up old never-was gets to go on forever spouting her own brand of feminism that consists of telling a woman what she should do, say, wear and look like? I think not. And if she's so enamoured of the decaying glamour of Garbo and other assorted vane relics, then why does she herself look like a cross between a hobo and a truck driver? Fuck you Camille Haglia.

Agree 100 %  

I really am struggling to understand how anyone can defend this woman in regards to what she ways about Madonna.  Plus, the hypocrisy is startling.  How can a "feminist"  complain about how any woman chooses to look or present herself as she gets older ?   Isn't feminism all about choice ?  Why on Earth do so many women feel that they can tell or dictate to others how they should look.   Plus she keeps talking about the beauty and mystique of women why throwing so many under the bus for how they look but then makes no effort at all herself in regards to how she looks.  Another sign of her absolute hypocrisy.  It takes all kinds to make up this world and she as a so called academic should know and respect that. 

Feminists should be fighting for equal rights for woman and respect for everyone.  Not talking about how women should look as they age. 

What's makes her think Madonna "sold out" in that older clip?  Yet now she is wanting Madonna to live by her standards and by and large the standards of what society thinks a woman should act like at a certain age pretty much begging her to....Sell out.......Too much hypocrisy to handle with this one.  

Yeah Yeah, Madge should just disappear and go into hiding to keep the MYSTIQUE alive (yes some EX members here actually thought that) while this washed up old never-was gets to go on forever spouting her own brand of feminism that consists of telling a woman what she should do, say, wear and look like? I think not. And if she's so enamoured of the decaying glamour of Garbo and other assorted vain relics, then why does she herself look like a cross between a hobo and a truck driver? Fuck you Camille Haglia.

raw

Not all of us boo.

Because Paglia doesn't want to be a woman

"I'm very troubled by Chastity Bono's announcement which is going to mainstream, obviously, the issue of transgender. I mean, Chastity Bono has many many issues in her life, and to think that this is the answer, I mean, everybody can see that this is not, this is not the reason Chastity Bono has been unhappy her whole life. And now, at the age of 40, to make this transition, to mutilate the body, in effect, I'm concerned about it because when I was young I was convinced I was the wrong sex. If these things were in the air, I could see myself going down that road." -Camille Paglia