MadonnaNation.com Forums
Jazzy Jan

New Celebrities that love Madonna thread

Jazzy Jan    0
On 27/04/2017 at 4:48 AM, Hector said:

Oh it's alright. I just see some names in this thread who I was totally unaware of their Madonna admiration and would love to know what they said!

Yes,  I love it when I read about famous people that love Madonna.   I am going to type out the quotes whenever I read them in a magazine from now on here on Madonnanation to reference.   It is great to have the references to directly quote correctly, not just from memory !  It really is wonderful to know how many famous people have listed Madonna as their favourite singer or talked about her.   It also amazes me that so much that has been said is either not online or once was online but not now.  There were fantastic photos of Madonna with the Williams sisters plus quotes from them that were once available and have now disappeared online. :manson:

One I managed to find online is this quote from Mia Wasikowska.  She did an interview in 2012 for W magazine and photo shoot with other actresses - each representing certain decades and she was asked who was the most evocative of the 80's decade.   

What personality is most evocative of the decade to you? 
Madonna. She’s the icon. She’s wholly her own person.

Jazzy Jan    0

I quoted this in a previous topic a few years back from the last interview that Jackie Collins did before she died. The interview was in Hello Magazine.  Jackie totally understood and got Madonna.  She has praised her many times. 

" I think too much emphasis is put on how old woman are" she says. " Madonna, for instance, looks incredible and is powerful and amazing and all they ever talk about is that she's 50-something. What is she supposed to be? Dead ? There is a fabulous quote 'Age is a question of mind over matter - if you don't mind, it doesn't matter. "

Gus    0

Jazzy Jan    0

Another major fan is Dita Von Teese.  Have read several interviews with her where she praises Madonna.  Plus seen some as well on TV.  

This answer is when she was asked about which pop stars incorporated Burlesque into their performances.

After being asked which pop stars she feels have incorporated elements of Burlesque successfully into their performances, Dita Von Teese says…

Madonna is one of the only popstars ever in history… if you watch her career, she’s smart, she knows her research. Every persona she has taken on she’s translated to the very heights of where it could go. I don’t see anybody in modern pop music that can really do that. When I look at Madonna, I see that she gets every detail correct, and she has a good team too, but it takes someone’s leading at the top to really arrive to that.

That’s why when I see pop shows I’m like ‘oh wow this isn’t very interesting’, you know, Madonna was wearing Jean Paul Gaultier Haute Couture on stage in the 90s.

When asked if she listens to the radio, she quickly replies…

I don’t listen to anything on the radio. I don’t think there’s any good music being played on the radio. There’s such an industry now and so policitcal of what gets played..
I don’t hear anything [on the radio today] that’s relative to Prince, David Bowie, and Madonna. Stuff that really stands the test of time. I don’t…

Skin    0

Another major fan is Dita Von Teese.  Have read several interviews with her where she praises Madonna.  Plus seen some as well on TV.  

This answer is when she was asked about which pop stars incorporated Burlesque into their performances.

After being asked which pop stars she feels have incorporated elements of Burlesque successfully into their performances, Dita Von Teese says…

Madonna is one of the only popstars ever in history… if you watch her career, she’s smart, she knows her research. Every persona she has taken on she’s translated to the very heights of where it could go. I don’t see anybody in modern pop music that can really do that. When I look at Madonna, I see that she gets every detail correct, and she has a good team too, but it takes someone’s leading at the top to really arrive to that.

That’s why when I see pop shows I’m like ‘oh wow this isn’t very interesting’, you know, Madonna was wearing Jean Paul Gaultier Haute Couture on stage in the 90s.

When asked if she listens to the radio, she quickly replies…

I don’t listen to anything on the radio. I don’t think there’s any good music being played on the radio. There’s such an industry now and so policitcal of what gets played..
I don’t hear anything [on the radio today] that’s relative to Prince, David Bowie, and Madonna. Stuff that really stands the test of time. I don’t…

I loved on Larry King when she was praising Madonna and Larry brought up Gaga and you can see her thinking , "Ew!"

I loved on Larry King when she was praising Madonna and Larry brought up Gaga and you can see her thinking , "Ew!"

Dita was such a class act and Larry was so rude in his way to ask questions and bringing Gaga out of nowhere and Dita getting back to M ❤️

Gus    0

1:54

discohub    0
On 25/04/2017 at 0:08 AM, Nikki said:

she's not a new girl but what about patti smith?

I'd do bad things to hang out with those two.

I remember reading an article where they talked about each other (or was it just M praising Patti Smith ?). They've been friends since the early NY days. They take mutual advice from time to time. They both have a deep and sincere love for the arts, photography. 2 female icons so different that broke so many taboos and changed the world. And they're bonded, that fascinates me. Ultimate girl power.

Edited by discohub
typo

7 hours ago, discohub said:

I'd do bad things to hang out with those two.

I remember reading an article where they talked about each other (or was it just M praising Patti Smith ?). They've been friends since the early NY days. They take mutual advice from time to time. They both have a deep and sincere love for the arts, photography. 2 female icons so different that broke so many taboos and changed the world. And they're bonded, that fascinates me. Ultimate girl power.

Patti Smith attended the WE premiere in NYC and praised her. She also said she loved Into the groove.

4 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

Patti Smith attended the WE premiere in NYC and praised her. She also said she loved Into the groove.

Yes! I adore Patti probably my favourite other than M. It's always so great to see women supporting other women.

MerGirl    0
16 hours ago, Hector said:

Lmao choking 😂

Jazzy Jan    0
On 2017-5-24 at 0:22 PM, Hector said:

:clap: Love how excited Cybil is 

Isn't Rosanna Arquette a fan too? I read they got on well during the filming of Desperately Seeking Susan. 

Skin    0

Anyone mention Rob Zombies wife?  Pretty sure Rob has said positive things about Madonna also.  Saw them both at Rebel Heart show in NYC. 

Aries    0

don't know if anyone mentioned Samantha Fox...

Samantha Fox (Official)
about a year ago

As all you Foxy fans loved my version of 'La Isla Bonita' so much, I decided, for a treat, to make it available through iTunes. Here it is and yes, it's a cover of the amazing Madonna. Love Sam xx

From one Wonder Woman to the Queen of wonders, Gal Gadot !

At 3:22 "I love Madonna" !!

Mmmmm    0
1 hour ago, Plasticlimbo said:

Omg yesssssssss!!! I love Wonder Woman even more!! :inlove:

Love it! The new instant, gorgeous A lister with the biggest movie in the world is a loon! :D It's always the coolest, sexiest, hottest, classiest ones. US media must be  pissed lmao. 'Normally' would be all over the major entertainment shows in the US. Of f'king course because it's M and not Caca, Beyawnce, Rihanna, Toliet Swfiter or any of the other safe basic bitches they'll ignore it lol. I bet BillboardGa or some other shit rag like Blender who were all about Mariah (they still even around? lol) will pay her to name one of those other females and avoid or delete any M mentions :/ lol. 

Ghost Town    0

Madonna should be in the next Wonder Woman sequel along with Lynda :dramatic:

le smoking    0

Unapologetic Bitch and Material Girl spokesmodel Rita Ora's latest interview -

On keeping busy while not releasing music: "I never really wanted to disappear because I was like ‘Why? Why would I disappear?’ I might not be able to put music out but my fans still want to see me, I’m not going to shed out on them. I love to work. I like to be in peoples faces and have that kind of presence, because Madonna never disappeared from anybody and those were my idols growing up."

Jazzy Jan    0
On 6 June 2017 at 4:56 PM, Plasticlimbo said:

:tigger:   Love this ! 

MerGirl    0
11 hours ago, le smoking said:

Unapologetic Bitch and Material Girl spokesmodel Rita Ora's latest interview -

On keeping busy while not releasing music: "I never really wanted to disappear because I was like ‘Why? Why would I disappear?’ I might not be able to put music out but my fans still want to see me, I’m not going to shed out on them. I love to work. I like to be in peoples faces and have that kind of presence, because Madonna never disappeared from anybody and those were my idols growing up."

Rita knows what's up