MadonnaNation.com Forums
avoid the cliche

Pat Leonard addresses fan who wants M to work with him again

elijah    0

He worked on her Malawi documentary @elijah

I am because we are. 

I mean like working WITH HER on her music, not a soundtrack to a movie no one saw.

karbatal    0

Yes, but both projects,  the musical and the score mean that they have a good relationship.  

elijah    0

Yes, but both projects,  the musical and the score mean that they have a good relationship.  

hopefully, its time for them to work together.

VogueMusic    0

I have always wondered how some people claim to be fans of a particular artist when all they do is to criticise what their fave is doing and thinking they know better. According to some they would know better than Madonna herself on how to run her own career. From her choice of producers, song writers, directors, photographers, stylists, designers, label company, hair, make up and why not even lovers, husbands, etc... they think they can always do a better job. 

I do believe in freedom of expression and it's all well and good to convey a particular reaction although negative but when all you hear is "this is bad".. "she should have done this".. "she better work with this or that person", and blah, blah, blah some people do come across jus as nagging bitches. 😂

If you like the music or videos, pictures, etc.. enjoy if not what's the point in following an artist you don't fully appreciate. Just saying..

I would feel embarrassed to death to write on some people pages and comment negatively on their works or personal choices. These people are artists after all.  Nagging over their works on their own page comes across very insensitive and rather ignorant imho. I was happy to read Patrick Leonard's response but also saddened because I realised how much shit these people must be getting from so called fans on a regular basis. 

THIS.

Ex Madonna "fans"  are the worst.  Thank God they never get a stranglehold in here and are flushed.   You can see them everywhere else though and they virtually take over.  They also never give Madonna any credit.  All of her success in the past is either due to who she worked with and they think she had little imput in the writing or production of her music.  They also always defend the people that trash her.  God, I have even seen some of them praise her brother Christopher and tell him that he made her concert tours.  :wacko:

And THIS.

Folks can have whatever opinion they want. Fine. But when it starts to sink into a never-ending abyss of not just blind negativity, but particularly entitlement and bitterness that seems to cloud the ability to find anything enjoyable, or to take anything new on a clean slate...then maybe it's time to hop off the train, no? That would be the logical next step. But they never do. I think underlying it all (as it is in this digital age) is a desperate need for attention, and even more so, a demand for validation.

It also kind of makes me question whether they really understand who and what Madonna truly is, as an artist and a person. As it often is, they fall in love with a certain stage of her, and once she evolves beyond that, they can never let it go. I mean, if there ever was an artist to not do this with...

What does blow my mind are the folks who take all that directly to her social media comments...wagging their fingers and making their demands right there. Like, really...?

Nikki    0

THIS.

And THIS.

Folks can have whatever opinion they want. Fine. But when it starts to sink into a never-ending abyss of not just blind negativity, but particularly entitlement and bitterness that seems to cloud the ability to find anything enjoyable, or to take anything new on a clean slate...then maybe it's time to hop off the train, no? That would be the logical next step. But they never do. I think underlying it all (as it is in this digital age) is a desperate need for attention, and even more so, a demand for validation.

It also kind of makes me question whether they really understand who and what Madonna truly is, as an artist and a person. As it often is, they fall in love with a certain stage of her, and once she evolves beyond that, they can never let it go. I mean, if there ever was an artist to not do this with...

What does blow my mind are the folks who take all that directly to her social media comments...wagging their fingers and making their demands right there. Like, really...?

the ex madonna fans are the WORST. I sometimes think she just ignored them when they expected front row interaction or when they tried to talk to her on the street. i dont know, but whatever it is, it always feels so personal and weird.. the love really turns to hate. it's obsessive!

Lolo    0

the ex madonna fans are the WORST. I sometimes think she just ignored them when they expected front row interaction or when they tried to talk to her on the street. i dont know, but whatever it is, it always feels so personal and weird.. the love really turns to hate. it's obsessive!

I don't believe in ex-fans. Those haters were just bandwagoners from around ROL or MUSIC or Confessions (who hated her before but turned because she was considered cool and legendary) and then jumped ship when HC came out and media started praising Caca. They have never been fans. 

Nikki    0

I don't believe in ex-fans. Those haters were just bandwagoners from around ROL or MUSIC or Confessions who jumped ship when HC came out and media started praising Caca. They have never been fans. 

you may have a point there.

Kurt420    0

THIS.

And THIS.

Image result for madonna yes gif

Icykiller    0

Whatever Pat just work with her dammit! :rant::order:  :tongue:

Whatever Pat just work with her dammit! :rant::order:  :tongue:

Yes, of course, because Madonna owes her entire existence as an artist to someone called Patrick fucking Leonard, I mean she's nothing without him. 

:manson: 

Jamesy    0

I actually have no desire whatsoever for Madonna to work with Pat Leonard on new songs.

She worked with him and it was the best music of her career IMO - and that's that. I don't need a 2017 version of it.

What excites me about Pat being on Instagram now and referencing Madonna SO much (all the bloody time!) is that it makes me think we MAY end up getting something really amazing from the archives from him.

That's my focus. The work he did with Madonna in the 80s is enough for me. I want more and more and more and more of THAT!

He played a bit of LTT in one of his posts.

I'd love him to play "The Look of Love" on piano for us.

Skin    0

Be careful what you wish for.  Most were thrilled when we heard she was working with Orbit again on MDNA.  Safe to say at least in my opinion that none of the tracks came close to anything on Ray of Light.  Madonna is smart in knowing that catching lightning in a bottle with the same person twice is rare which is why she usually moves on plus she obviously gets bored with the same people in terms of working with the same people.

Carta    0

That's my focus. The work he did with Madonna in the 80s is enough for me. I want more and more and more and more of THAT!

He played a bit of LTT in one of his posts.

I'd love him to play "The Look of Love" on piano for us.

What about their 90s work?  Just about all of IB was with Pat, then there's IR, Frozen, NRM, Skin, SFH, HTB...

Cyber-Raga    0

Be careful what you wish for.  Most were thrilled when we heard she was working with Orbit again on MDNA.  Safe to say at least in my opinion that none of the tracks came close to anything on Ray of Light.  Madonna is smart in knowing that catching lightning in a bottle with the same person twice is rare which is why she usually moves on plus she obviously gets bored with the same people in terms of working with the same people.

To be fair, she barely saw him in the studio in 2011 😜

But I agree, with the exception of Pat Leonard and Steve Bray, most of her second efforts with producers in the studio do not match their first rodeo. 

Carta    0

And yet she worked with Pat on three albums in a row (plus a soundtrack), then again for a one-off single four years later, then again 3.5 years later on a different album.  Steve Bray was around for three albums in a row (plus a soundtrack), too.  I know you said "usually", but it's clear that she is both comfortable with working with someone for multiple albums and has done so many times in her career (Mirwais, Shep, William and Stuart Price were involved in two projects each before Madonna moved on).

Having said all of that, though, I'm sure you're referring to going back to someone after having worked extensively with someone else.  She's done it with Pat (with great success) and William (less successful, but that's completely subjective - I happen to love what they created together for MDNA).

Skin    0

I would like to see her hook up with Bray again honestly. 

Jamesy    0

What about their 90s work?  Just about all of IB was with Pat, then there's IR, Frozen, NRM, Skin, SFH, HTB...

I like their 90s work! :-)

I think the 80s work of Pat & Madonna is the best tho. Just my personal opinion! 

(BTW - I count IB as 80s - the Pat Leonard stuff on that album was recorded in 1989)

Incidentally I found this reccently on an old VHS tape of mine  -  Pat in 1989 talking about writing with Madonna.

He's playing "He's a Man" and then "Hanky Panky" on piano, in the background of the clip

karbatal    0

And yet she worked with Pat on three albums in a row (plus a soundtrack), then again for a one-off single four years later, then again 3.5 years later on a different album.  Steve Bray was around for three albums in a row (plus a soundtrack), too.  I know you said "usually", but it's clear that she is both comfortable with working with someone for multiple albums and has done so many times in her career (Mirwais, Shep, William and Stuart Price were involved in two projects each before Madonna moved on).

Having said all of that, though, I'm sure you're referring to going back to someone after having worked extensively with someone else.  She's done it with Pat (with great success) and William (less successful, but that's completely subjective - I happen to love what they created together for MDNA).

Exactly 

If there's anybody as versatile as Madonna that's Pat.  From LA to IB then I'll Remember,  then ROL.

karbatal    0

I would like to see her hook up with Bray again honestly. 

Me too.  

With him Madonna has written the best bridges 

elijah    0

Be careful what you wish for.  Most were thrilled when we heard she was working with Orbit again on MDNA.  Safe to say at least in my opinion that none of the tracks came close to anything on Ray of Light.  

Well its normal since the best songs were cowritten with Pat.

karbatal    0

Exactly.  

Orbit really can create magic,  but the melodies and choruses were Ciccone/Leonard 

Robin    0

Idgaf give us a 80s production style album i dont care with who lol 

Nick    0

My own preference is for Madonna to collaborate with someone new & not Leanord even though I would appreciat any new music.

Think I'm one of th few stans who prefers her later & current work over the eighties material. 

loowee    0

Well I'm A Sinner's production was a rehash of Amazing which was a rehash of Beautiful Stranger. Orbit's production on MDNA was nowhere close to ROL's quality.