avoid the cliche

Pat Leonard addresses fan who wants M to work with him again

83 posts in this topic

How amazing the loyalty and respect so many of her collaborators have for her even after all these years

How amazing the loyalty and respect so many of her collaborators have for her even after all these years

She is like no other.  :inlove:

Bless him.

He understands what kind of artist Madonna is.

Ugh he's such a liar. Did he say he never wrote songs with her at an airport? I remember! Looking. At. That. Blog.

Bless him. He understands what kind of artist Madonna is.

Indeed

A response a little bit exaggerated If you ask me. :blink:

Just what I thought. I don't like the thought of owing loyalty to an artist. Stars don't owe anything to their fans, and fans don't owe them anything either. Then again if someone deserves my trust it's Madonna. 

:thumbsup:

Just what I thought. I don't like the thought of owing loyalty to an artist. Stars don't owe anything to their fans, and fans don't owe them anything either. Then again if someone deserves my trust it's Madonna. 

I think he meant Madonna has given so much to her fans that after so long she should be free to collaborate with whomever she feels like doing so. He was not saying fans should automatically love all that she does, just like it's clear he's simply saying fans should not demand or expect her to work with previous producers either, merely on the basis of previous fruitful collaborations

Lovely classy words for him - as always. 

I think that when Patrick used the word loyalty, he was not referring specifically to the question asked or to Madonna fans who loved their work together and would love the hear them write and work together again. Something that most fans would love and appreciate.  It would be wonderful.

Instead, I think it was aimed at something else and the likes of ex fans who rubbish her all the time - like the ones we notice and comment on that pollute blogs, articles and other Madonna forums etc.  Who basically say that Madonna has been dreadful for years and should return to Patrick or William Orbit all the time and give her no credit.   The ones that don't talk of how much they loved Madonna and Patrick's work, but the ones that just attack her all the time.   I suspect he has got plenty of messages like that, thus the loyalty response.  Just my take on it. 

I think that when Patrick used the word loyalty, he was not referring specifically to the question asked or to Madonna fans who loved their work together and would love the hear them write and work together again. Something that most fans would love and appreciate.  It would be wonderful.

Instead, I think it was aimed at something else and the likes of ex fans who rubbish her all the time - like the ones we notice and comment on that pollute blogs, articles and other Madonna forums etc.  Who basically say that Madonna has been dreadful for years and should return to Patrick or William Orbit all the time and give her no credit.   The ones that don't talk of how much they loved Madonna and Patrick's work, but the ones that just attack her all the time.   I suspect he has got plenty of messages like that, thus the loyalty response.  Just my take on it. 

I agree with every word of this!

The tone of the comment by the fan was off.

I understand Patrick's somewhat direct response.

Yes! Can you imagine what he must deal with probably daily! :/ lol I mean how on earth is he NOT dealing w/ it considering the legendary masterpieces they created along w/ the intensity most M fans STILL have for them working together again (um..me included) lol If anything, may be worse than ever since it's been soo friggin long and also w/ the 'direction' she's gone in w/ the last several albums. Kind of a pity her work w/ Pat in her 20s was way more adult in many cases than what she's done in her 50s.Bottom line...they've both created the need so of course people must hound them both about reuniting. Perhaps Pat just felt the need w/ this one person to finally put 'something out there' to zip lock the subject up for a while. 

The tone of the comment by the fan was off. I understand Patrick's somewhat direct response.

Exactly

Precisely

And if she were to go back to work with Leonard they'd still bitch about something anyway

That person was served with class.

Good job Patrick.

And if she were to go back to work with Leonard they'd still bitch about something anyway

Exactly.

We live in the digital age, people have to always criticize everything and everyone "to look smart".

He's brilliant. I will always love him. 

Ugh he's such a liar. Did he say he never wrote songs with her at an airport? I remember! Looking. At. That. Blog.

She broke his pencil, because she was scribbling too hard... On the paper.

She broke his pencil, because she was scribbling too hard... On the paper.

im not following this story. what happened?

THANKS Pat. 

These Madonna (ex)fans were being petty as fuck on his instagram, constantly telling him how much she sucks now and how she needs him. FUCK OFF.