mynameisdita

Justice for Body of Evidence

15 posts in this topic

boe1.jpg

I don't know if it's so bad it's good or if it's just good, I've just watched it for the second time and I've decided I genuinely LOVE it, probably my favourite of M's films. Am I wrong in thinking it was only so critically panned because Madonna was so oversaturated in the media at the time with the Sex book/Erotica scandal, and that people judged it (like many of her films) simply on the fact that it's Madonna? Her performance is so icy and mesmerizing, you can't take your eyes off her. 

tumblr_ncfapoejji1tk77fko1_500.gif

d29e2231476195ccf62ce4ad3f7cc037_-work-i

tumblr_nsd83bDE3T1r3tiuvo1_500.gif

They shouldn't have killed her in the end 

I AGREE ! That's my only problem with it (it's still good) but it would have been so much better if she'd gotten away with it. The whole movie is essentially about shifting peoples (and the jury's) perceptions of people and women with "unusual" sexual preferences, so killing "the slut" and giving Rebecca the fate moralistic America believes she deserves kind of defeats the whole point of the movie. That and less courtroom drama more rebecca carlson closeups would have made it much stronger, though I still think it would have had the same critical fate even with a different ending, the general public just werent having Madonna during 1992-3. Still LOVE the film though, one of her best roles. No one can tell me otherwise. 

They shouldn't have killed her in the end 

Out of EVERYthing about this fantastiqua fab film from cinematic (unintentionally) campy heaven, that ending imo opinion was the only thing that was 'shit' about this movie Lol! Made 0 sense as the guy who ultimately killed her was thrown out a window and got his head handed to him just seconds before by Frank so...there's just NO way he could've 'recovered' and come back lightning speed to shoot/ kill her with such precision lol! They should've just ended it with her wounded while fading away as Frank helps her out. Anyway, out of ALL her movies this is her best for me. Have and will continue to adore/ watch this over and over, 

I agree with the fact they should not have killed in the end but the whole movie is more like a tv movie, at best an episode of Law and order (Joe Mantegna is even in it). She's not bad in it, it's the movie that goes nowhere and is too long. It's still a boring mess but it aged better than Basic Instinct (its inspiration....i remember Madonna saying at the time of the release of BI that friends kept telling her that the character Sharon Stone is playing in the movie was Madonna. Maybe that's why she chose to do Body of evidence....).

parking-garage.gif

Her body never looked better, and very feminine...

She did the book&film at the perfect time...

Am I wrong in thinking it was only so critically panned because Madonna was so oversaturated in the media at the time with the Sex book/Erotica scandal, and that people judged it (like many of her films) simply on the fact that it's Madonna?

I saw this in the movies lol, opening weekend, there were like 5 other people in the theatre. It had a lot going against it. These type of movies don't usually do well in theatres (with the exception of something like Basic Instinct) but then do well on home video/ cable, which I think BOE did. This came out months after Sex/ Erotica so it already felt like she saturated that market. She only did one mag interview to promote this, which was unusually quiet for her. If I remember correctly some critics did compliment her acting in the courtroom scenes?

I saw this in the movies lol, opening weekend, there were like 5 other people in the theatre. It had a lot going against it. These type of movies don't usually do well in theatres (with the exception of something like Basic Instinct) but then do well on home video/ cable, which I think BOE did. This came out months after Sex/ Erotica so it already felt like she saturated that market. She only did one mag interview to promote this, which was unusually quiet for her. If I remember correctly some critics did compliment her acting in the courtroom scenes?

I also saw it opening weekend....with a very dismal crowd.  But I did (and still do) enjoy the movie.  And yes, she was in her "sex-fest" peak and people just were not interested.  Oh well, their loss for missing out on the beauty of her/it all!!!!!

It did quite well at the box office here in the uk..not a huge hit but it was in the top 3 films for a couple of weeks if i remember correctly. Was it an 18 certificate? I was only 15 at the time but i don't think people checked id in those days..they didn't in pubs and clubs much anyway

It must've done well in Japan since they re-titled "Dangerous Game" as "Body of Evidence 2"...lol

Can't remember who posted this here a few months ago haha

s-l225 (1).jpg

parking-garage.gif

She's so hot! :drool:

She looks amazing. I enjoyed the movie...

I can't sign up to this. This truly is the worst film she's done.

Not to say she's bad, despite the critics. But the whole film is so badly written and directed and shot and edited and lit and scored.